Introductions

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Renton13

Post by Renton13 »

Hi!
My name's Marco and I'm from Rimini, Italy.
I'm 30 yrs old. I'm a Medical Doctor and a Psychiatrist; obviously I'm totally into David Lynch's world...
I'm also an independent filmaker; you can watch the trailer of my last movie, Preferrebly the Women, here:
www.preferibilmenteledonne.splinder.com
Unfortunately the website is in italian only...sorry.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Great to have you here Marco. I saw part of your short film. Looks good. I love the music.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Renton13

Post by Renton13 »

sloclub wrote:Great to have you here Marco. I saw part of your short film. Looks good. I love the music.
Thanks!
I composed the music myself. I'm not a professional musician, but I tried to do my best.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

hey everyone. i'm brad, used to post on alt-tv-twin peaks back in 98/99 or so. i only remember marcelo, damnfine(?) and a couple others. great to be back.

mostly a TP fan, i watched it as a child, was permanently scarred, and picked up the tapes when i found the vhs box set in high school, much to my surprise and shock. so great to have the dvd's!

anyway, i recently recorded an album and did a little jazz trio song called 'the waiting room'. i will throw up a copy if anyone's interested.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Hi everyone, I've just joined. My name is Rich and i live in Eastern England at Peterborough. I work for a charity and the job is tedious beyond belief.

David Lynch is my number one director, ever since seeing a video of Eraserhead in the early 80's, very stoned in Amsterdam. It freaked me right out - but in a GOOD way! Blue Velvet cemented it. My favourite Lynch movie is likely to be INLAND EMPIRE from what I've heard but until then it is the truly magnificent Fire Walk With Me.

I'm also a big fan of Luis Bunuel, Polanski, Cronenberg (when i have a strong stomach) & Kubrick

See you around

Rich
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

hey everyone, if there is any interest here's a copy of a cd i just made. i've only played music a couple of years and just wanted something i could put out that i liked. enjoy. (the sixth song is mainly twin peaks inspired if it wasnt too obvious!)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fc8zy3

feel free to burn a copy for yourself a friend or whoever, i dont care!

myspace.com/braddstudios
Blood.Sleep.

Post by Blood.Sleep. »

Hiya! I'm John and I'm a wanna be artist with a BA in Art History from north Louisiana. I currently work in the education department of an art museum in northern New Jersey. I've pretty much been OBSESSED with Lynch since Mulholland Drive and have seen INLAND EMPIRE only twice.

Still haven't met the man, but hope to in the future.
Recidivism

Intro

Post by Recidivism »

Hi there. Let's see, born in 1971 in Baltimore, earned a degree in filmmaking with all the studiousness and focus of Jeff Spicoli. The public library where I live (San Francisco) has an incredibly broad and accessible video library, so I used an unemploymentationary sabbatical to see all the great films I never bothered with. I hate evil junk, I love MST3K. I like to say that La Dolce Vita is my favorite film, but Blue Velvet is way up there. The more great films I see, the better I appreciate Meestah Lynch. Thank you, where'er you are, for not being a tool.

Lynch movies have always been touchstones in my life. Inland Empire was like a late-night conversation with an old friend. So now you know: Recidivism is crazy.
EnableSecret
Roadhouse Member

Post by EnableSecret »

I'm Bill aka E-Man. I've been a member of Jordan's board since I attended the Twin Peaks Fest in 2002. I see a lot of familiar faces here. :D
Outside of work, I love to photograph things. Some of my stuff can be found here. And a different presentation here.

See you in the trees.
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

Hi everyone. I'm Bob, from Michigan. First exposure to David Lynch was when I rented Fire Walk With Me (without having seen the series). I'm a big fan of the guy if only because he has the balls to put on the big screen what no one else will. I compose music as a hobby (posted a song in the "Stuff" board if you want to check it out) and I one day might take a stab at filmmaking.
Shelly_Johnson

Post by Shelly_Johnson »

Hello fellow Lynch Fans!

My name is Amy I am a single mom living in Texas. I am 31 years old and currently going back to school for Dental Assistant. Now to the more important facts....

I first became a David Lynch fan when a co-worker and I rented Twin Peaks on vhs back about 11 years ago. I became hooked on the series right away; the last episode I saw (because they only had up to episode 7 at the movie store we went to) was the one where Agent Cooper was shot. I just HAD to find out what happened to Dale Cooper, so I went about calling movie rental store, to movie rental store, called about 7-10 places as I recall...before I found a store that carried anything over episode 7. I stayed up all night, and called into work the next day just watching, memorized....haha. Good times, good times!!

Some more of Lynches work that I have enjoyed is, Lost Highway, and issues of W I P.

It's nice to have found someplace to go to, to talk about the brilliance behind the man who calls him self David Lynch. I look forward to sharing ideas with all of you!

~Amy
"I am hard to remember but impossiable to forget"
biotron
Roadhouse Member

Post by biotron »

Warm wishes from Glasgow, Scotland (possibly not part of the UK for much longer after this week's election) to you all! :)

32 yr old part-time librarian / failed vegetarian / pun-lover / dj with size 14 feet seeks engaging intercourse with fellow Lynch devotees and acceptance into this fine community.

all hail Dugpa - my default Lynch resource for years - keep up the good work, mister!
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Post by moviemaker »

Hello,

I'm moviemaker, living here in HollywoodLAND.

I'm about to graduate from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena for film and currently I have been directing TV commercials while in school to actually pay for school. Hope to embark on my first feature very soon.

Big admirer of DL's work and I think the Dugpa site is superb! Thank you for that!

more to come...
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Somehow this thread got removed when I added a new security layer to the board. Should be back now.
Spook

Hello from Ireland

Post by Spook »

Hi all,

Trev here. I'm an animator/filmmaker/writer, 34, going grey already. Website is http://www.blackbriars.com if you want to see some work. Got some TP caricatures here too: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94159088@N ... 008779488/

Love this site, visit everyday :)