David Lynch Signing at Amoeba

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

David Lynch Signing at Amoeba

Post by dugpa »

On Tuesday, November 25th at 6:30pm, Director David Lynch will be doing an in-store signing at Amoeba Hollywood.

Celebrating the release "David Lynch The Lime Green Set"(9 disc DVD box set), the signing will be limited to purchasers of the new box set or selected Absurda Studio titles + one additional item of your choice (box set and selected titles will be available Tuesday, 11/25 at Amoeba).

www.amoeba.com
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: David Lynch Signing at Amoeba

Post by Jerry Horne »

Did anyone go to this? If so, what did you have signed?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
matto

Post by matto »

There are pictures on the Amoeba site:

http://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/perfor ... hotos.html

enjoy!
mo
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Thanks! Great pics!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ditchburn

Post by Ditchburn »

I indeed was at this event. To get Mr. Lynch to sign something you had to buy something from the Aburda imprint and one other item. You could get the Eraserhead DVD, the Inland Empire DVD, either of their CD soundtracks, the Lime Green Box Set, or Polish Night Music. I bought Polish Night Music, as it was all I could afford (and it certainly doesn't disappoint). After that the Amoeba employees gave you this little wristband with green diamond shapes on it and then you waited in line. Thankfully, I was the first person in line so they don't have any pictures of me on their website. Anyway, I had Polish Night Music signed and the Baby insert from my original Eraserhead soundtrack on vinyl. I shook his hand and that was it, it was pretty crazy meeting the guy, I have to say. I remember that one blonde lady standing next to him in a few of the pictures. She and this other guy who was wearing a leather jacket and a tie die shirt were two of his personal assistants. I got to chat with them for a few seconds, and they seemed nice. Another thing that was weird was meeting so many other fellow Lynch fans, I'm so used to people rolling their eyes when I go on and on about how great his movies are. All in all it was a somewhat strange but very successful evening. Afterwards I caught a bus and went home.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

How much was the Lime Green set being sold?
Ditchburn

Post by Ditchburn »

In the store the box set was highly marked up at around one-hundred and eighty dollars (American), way more expensive at Amoeba than from his own website. The event was on a Tuesday and Lynch had only agreed to do the signing on the previous Friday. The whole thing was, in the words of one Amoeba employee, "very last minute."