Episode 7

Moderators: BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie

Sam Howzit

Re: Episode 7

Postby Sam Howzit » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:07 pm

Jasper wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:For those who don’t know, that was someone’s home, and much of the furnishings (antler chandelier, wall tank) were actually part of the location, and remained there as recently as 2015! See https://www.twinpeaksblog.com/2018/07/0 ... yed-jacks/ for some wonderful photos. I’d love to own that place.

Thanks for posting this. The house is amazing. The painting above the stairway is similar to, but not the same as the one from the show, contrary to the observations of the author. The same poker table is there by the window next to the pool table. The same ornate metal cash register sits at the bar. The same drugstore style "wooden Indian" statue is at the top of the little staircase to the right of the very strange fish tank type thing. It's so fun to look for all of the various little elements. I hope all of those things are still there.

Thank you Jasper. I have updated the article. I wrote it so long ago before I refined some of my searching and reporting techniques.
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:59 pm

AXX°N N. wrote:I remember thinking the same thing. So much of the Mill subplot is a gordian knot without a sword that ever falls. Perhaps the agent approaching her was a ploy to get her in the right place at the right time, which it did, was the only thing I could think of to make sense of it. But that doesn't have the benefit of any on-screen affirmation.

That makes the most sense; good thought. It has the benefit of giving Ben/Josie the same goal as the writers (to get Catherine where she needs to be), so they maintain their intelligence. I do love the Catherine/Neff dynamic in that E6 scene, and it would be sad if he was being duplicitous...but it would certainly fit with his name reference!
Jasper

Postby Jasper » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:17 pm

Sam Howzit wrote:Thank you Jasper. I have updated the article. I wrote it so long ago before I refined some of my searching and reporting techniques.

Thanks for the great article, Sam. I'm glad to have been of any help at all.
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:24 pm

We get a glimpse of Cooper’s room key in this episode (possibly the only time in the original series?). Unsurprisingly, it doesn’t quite match the one in TR (which is one my less favorite props due to the on-the-nose/meta Cooper quotation printed on it).
Attachments
D392B5E7-8E1B-4FEC-BEF2-5C4DB20270E9.jpeg
D392B5E7-8E1B-4FEC-BEF2-5C4DB20270E9.jpeg (300.69 KiB) Viewed 4736 times
AXX°N N.

Postby AXX°N N. » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:01 am

Nice catch! The quote is so absurd. I'm a fan of the theory that it underwent subjective transformation. It went into, and then out of the lodge, and the door it later unlocks was for sure not the keyhole intended in basic reality. A valid way as any to account for what might merely be prop oversight, like with the strangeness of Annie's dress.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Cappy

Postby Cappy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:42 pm

Nice catch with the room key!

I just realized that Cooper's room number (315) corresponds with the two giant wall sockets in the Mauve Room in S3 Part 3 ("15" first, and then "3"). That's a neat level of detail on the part of Lynch/Frost. I love how this show rewards repeat viewings.

Return to “Season 1 (1990)”