David Lynch Lime Green Box Set Discussion

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

thewoodstove

Re: David Lynch Lime Green Box Set Discussion

Post by thewoodstove »

I can see both sides of the coin, but I'm pretty happy with the set. In way of steering the conversation away from bickering--has anyone found any Easter eggs?
Mikeindustry
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mikeindustry »

No eggs yet - but I also like the set.

Not sure yet if I want to get rid of my originals of Elephant Man, Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart - or the three Lynch DVDs - I love the packaging of the Lynch DVDs (sorry - Eraserhead, Short Films, Dumbland) - and while I used to be a completist, I think I can live without doubles of all these movies... but... my DVD shelf looks so bare without them!

Hm...
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

A question for someone who has this set... Is the Blue Velvet DVD the release that includes the deleted scenes photo montage?
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

To cubist: Yes, and to thewoodstove and Mikeindustry: The same release includes three easter eggs.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Thanks C - that's good to know as IMHO that is the best release of Blue Velvet out there.
Mikeindustry
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mikeindustry »

Ah - thanks Christian! You mean the eggs on the BV disc, yes? Any on any of the others?
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

Yes, I was refering to the BV disc.
There are a code for the phone booth on DL.com on the Eraserhead dvd, and if you wait until the sound fades away on the main menu for the Short Films a short clip shows up with the words 'asymetrical'. I don't know if there are anything else on the other discs, but I don't think so.

I have some questions regarding the set:
When starting the dvd for the Short films, isn't the music different from the earlier edition?
The Bleach Boys song in the first deleted scene from WAH; does anyone know what the song is/who the singer is?
In the same scene: Who's the actor playing Beany Thorn? She looks a lot like Trudy from Miami Vice...
The music playing during the Roach-scene: It sounds a lot like a collaboration between David Lynch and John Neff.
venusdm

Post by venusdm »

Christian1989 wrote: The Bleach Boys song in the first deleted scene from WAH; does anyone know what the song is/who the singer is?
In the same scene: Who's the actor playing Beany Thorn?
I can field a couple of those:
Bellina Logan is Beany Thorne. She is also Louie, the Great Northern concierge in Twin Peaks.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0517512/

The band is Treat Her Right, with the front man of Morphine (Mark Sandman) and the song is "I Think She Likes Me." It's on the Morphine B-Sides and Otherwise CD.
zoothorn21

Post by zoothorn21 »

Hi, first post here, hello everyone. Long-time Lynch fan, since early 90s (though I'm guessing we're basically all long time fans here!) Prompted to join by my purchase of the Lime Green box, which arrived this week.

Regarding the cost of the box - I sold off £70 worth of dvds/cds that I wanted less than the box set (anything, basically!) so the cost to me was basically nil. I couldn't have paid full price basically ever - it is a very expensive set but having viewed the Wild At Heart scenes I can say, hand on heart, I would have paid the full price for those scenes alone. Honestly.

I always forget what fun Wild At Heart is until I'm watching it - watching the scenes is just like Lynch says - you're back on the road with them. Its like being able to hang around after scenes finish, explore more of the hotel where Johnny Farragut is staying, find more crazy stops on the road.

Johnny's extended stalking is astonishing, a good 15-20 minutes long - so disturbing and you really feel for Johnny. The extra scene in the hellish club (where 'I Fell For You Like A Bomb' is taken from) is vintage Lynch - I can't quite believe it got taken out. These ain't scrappy run-offs, they're basically half of the film again.

Who is the 'skanky' woman Sailor dances with? She looks very familiar. Is she the same woman who is in the box at the end of MD? With the blue hair?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Hmmmm.. interesting thought. It could be her. I too would love to kno more about the credits behind some of the Deleted Scenes.

-B
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Well, despite my moanings I've ordered the green one! Managed to sell a bunch of DVDs I could live without... I bought it from Caiman for just over £70. THat's not bad considering the state of the British currency! It's been shipped so maybe I'll be lucky and get it before Xmas.

I wanted to ask something about the deleted WAH scenes. Do they include scenes with the great Freddie Jones?
zoothorn21

Post by zoothorn21 »

Oh, yes. They sure do.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

fantastic! can't wait! :D
zoothorn21

Post by zoothorn21 »

What is the deal with that 'remix' style track 3 on the Eraserhead soundtrack? I take it it's Lynch - any more info?

The soundtrack could peel paint - just amazing.
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

The 'remix' style Track on the Soundtrack CD is a dance-beat sort of thing I made from sounds that are all in the film.
I did the beats and Dave picked the sounds and told me the order to build them in. It was a lot of fun making the track.