Twin Peaks actors working together outside TP

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks actors working together outside TP

Post by Jerry Horne »

Don't Do It (1994)

Heather Graham
Sheryl Lee
James Marshall
Balthazar Getty
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Terrified aka Evil Never Sleepes aka Toughguy (1995)

Heather Graham
Balthazar Getty
Don Calfa
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Patrick Fischler , Larry Clarke, James Giordano in LA Noire(2011)
Its a video game with motion capture. All the actors play characters who look like themselves
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Frances Bay and Richard Beymer also appeared on The X-Files.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

All added
LateReg wrote: What I find more interesting about Silent Night Deadly Night 3 is that Laura Harring is also in it. Not Twin Peaks, but that deserves an asterisk at least!
I know! Now I have to check that one out. Seems horrible tho :lol:
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:All added
LateReg wrote: What I find more interesting about Silent Night Deadly Night 3 is that Laura Harring is also in it. Not Twin Peaks, but that deserves an asterisk at least!
I know! Now I have to check that one out. Seems horrible tho :lol:
It gets even more interesting though! It's directed by Monte Hellman, whose Two Lane Blacktop, The Shooting and Ride in the Whirlwind are in the Criterion Collection. It's definitely worth a watch for the curiosity factor alone, as I can't think of another such similarly odd combination of acclaimed director and shlock. Sadly, I don't believe there is currently a good presentation of the film. I've seen it once on dvd, but it hasn't been given a proper remaster or anamorphic transfer yet. And yes, I assume it will one day by Arrow or Shout.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

LateReg wrote: It gets even more interesting though! It's directed by Monte Hellman, whose Two Lane Blacktop, The Shooting and Ride in the Whirlwind are in the Criterion Collection. It's definitely worth a watch for the curiosity factor alone, as I can't think of another such similarly odd combination of acclaimed director and shlock
Then you should check J Lee Thompson's Happy Birthday to Me. Although it's probably not as bad as this one seems to be.
LateReg wrote:Sadly, I don't believe there is currently a good presentation of the film. I've seen it once on dvd, but it hasn't been given a proper remaster or anamorphic transfer yet. And yes, I assume it will one day by Arrow or Shout.
Oh, for sure. If I'm not mistaken Shout released Collector Editions of the first two films, so it's just a matter of time.
And call me crazy but I genuinely enjoyed the first film. Thought it was pretty inventive and daring for its time. No wonder there were so many protests to ban the film back in the day.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
LateReg wrote: It gets even more interesting though! It's directed by Monte Hellman, whose Two Lane Blacktop, The Shooting and Ride in the Whirlwind are in the Criterion Collection. It's definitely worth a watch for the curiosity factor alone, as I can't think of another such similarly odd combination of acclaimed director and shlock
Then you should check J Lee Thompson's Happy Birthday to Me. Although it's probably not as bad as this one seems.
I love Happy Birthday to Me! Good, professionally made slasher...and one whose length is one of the factors that contributes to it seeming to be more like a "real" movie than a low budget slasher. I also like the first Silent Night Deadly Night. And don't get me wrong, 3 is probably bad, but there's something about it.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

LateReg wrote: I love Happy Birthday to Me! Good, professionally made slasher...and one whose length is one of the factors that contributes to it seeming to be more like a "real" movie than a low budget slasher.
I like the death scenes in HBtM, especially the opening scene murder, and it was fun to discover all the nods Kevin Williamson made to the film in Scream (Sidney's trauma on the death of her mother, the boyfriend climbing her window at night, etc). Well, it's not a "piece of trash" film, but comparing to Thompson's earlier work it's a little bit baffling lol.
Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Sun May 03, 2020 5:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
LateReg wrote: I love Happy Birthday to Me! Good, professionally made slasher...and one whose length is one of the factors that contributes to it seeming to be more like a "real" movie than a low budget slasher.
I like the death scenes in HBtM, especially the opening scene murder, and it was fun to discover all the nods Kevin Williamson made to the film in Scream (Sidney's trauma regarding the death of her mother, the guy climbing Melissa Sue Anderson's window at night, etc). Well, it's not a "piece of trash" film, but comparing to Thompson's earlier work it's a little bit baffling lol.
I always found the ending to that film incredibly dark. I mean, slashers always end on a dark note, but Happy Birthday To Me was pretty damn bleak.

I felt because of its willingness to explore that darkness, it was above average as a horror flick.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

The coincidence of not just "Peaks" actors but Lynch film actors working together on many different projects is something I've noticed a lot through the years. It's uncanny how you'll find not just one but multiple such actors in the same project.

For "Desperate Housewives", Sheryl Lee was originally cast and I believe filmed her scenes as the neighbor who killed herself.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

The 1992 miniseries 'Intruders' is close, it has Warren Frost in it & Dana Ashbrook's sister Daphne Ashbrook. Not really worth mentioning I guess, but I started re-watching 'Intruders' again today (after being terrified as a child), & misremembered Mare Winningham's part as being played by Jennifer Jason Leigh, haha.
beano
Roadhouse Member

Post by beano »

went to the drive-in last night to see wayne's world (seriously though, what year is this?) and noticed that, along with lara flynn boyle, there is also an appearance by don amendolia!
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

Batman the animated series has voice appearances by the actors who played Andrew Packard, Mr. Eckhardt and Lucy.
beano
Roadhouse Member

Post by beano »

Wild Palms (1993): Jim Belushi, David Warner, Ernie Hudson.