Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Soolsma »

Jerry move these posts maybe? :3

@Jasper. The sound stutters approximately every 3 seconds :( That's pretty daunting for an audiophile like myself. I will of course be looking for a way to resolve this.

Re: World War Z 2. :lol: Well let's just hope Kelly sees this as a sign that he should stay true to his authenticity. Even when big boys like Pitt and Fincher are waving big stacks of money around around.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Showtime is reviving Dexter. Gotta think they'd be all over more Twin Peaks.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

AgentEcho wrote:Showtime is reviving Dexter. Gotta think they'd be all over more Twin Peaks.
I’m sure they’d do more TP in a heartbeat. That isn’t the issue; it’s L/F having the right idea that inspires them to write it.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Agree with Reindeer. Dexter was already over and they have been reviving it so a possibility of Twin Peaks a show which ended on a cliff hanger continuing seems true
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

krishnanspace wrote:Agree with Reindeer. Dexter was already over and they have been reviving it so a possibility of Twin Peaks a show which ended on a cliff hanger continuing seems true
TP can obviously only end with Dale becoming a lumberjack.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Hey, I've been trying to PM you about TV spoilers and whatnot in regards to a previous conversation for a while now, and I always get an error message. Are you or anybody else having trouble with PMs?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

LateReg wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Hey, I've been trying to PM you about TV spoilers and whatnot in regards to a previous conversation for a while now, and I always get an error message. Are you or anybody else having trouble with PMs?
Hmm, it’s been awhile since I’ve sent one. Let me send you a test right now.

EDIT: Yeah, I got an error message.
8884DA91-143F-49A6-AD31-EA06D6051367.jpeg
8884DA91-143F-49A6-AD31-EA06D6051367.jpeg (94.77 KiB) Viewed 9369 times
Maybe Jerry can look into it?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Dugpa has been alerted.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jerry Horne wrote:Dugpa has been alerted.
Thanks Jerry!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

PM's are working now.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jerry Horne wrote:PM's are working now.
Thank you!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Jerry Horne wrote:PM's are working now.
And the picture up top has mysteriously changed.

Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

AgentEcho wrote:Showtime is reviving Dexter. Gotta think they'd be all over more Twin Peaks.
The last episode of Dexter had 3.3 million viewers. The last episode of Twin Peaks on Showtime had 240,000 viewers. I can't see why Showtime would want more TP when ratings were that low. You could argue about how many subscribers TP could bring, but those kind of numbers are low by Showtime standards.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Esselgee wrote:
The last episode of Dexter had 3.3 million viewers. The last episode of Twin Peaks on Showtime had 240,000 viewers. I can't see why Showtime would want more TP when ratings were that low. You could argue about how many subscribers TP could bring, but those kind of numbers are low by Showtime standards.
TP was never about the ratings for them. It was a prestige thing to raise the network’s profile and attract higher-tier creators. I’m certain they’d do another season if Lynch came knocking.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Esselgee wrote:
I think the low on air numbers surprised most people here. The word for my own reaction would be "shocked". Based on the strong streaming numbers the first seasons had enjoyed on Netflix, and how I could see that it was one of the few shows that multiple generations held in high regard, I had honestly expected "Twin Peaks" to completely beat "Game of Thrones" on sunday nights. That is not exactly how it went down.

That being said, it brought in tons of subscribers, many people streamed it rather than watch on flow TV (again myself included), and the show has a gigantic following globally, which is not the case for many other shows, that might do well in the States, but for whatever reason doesn't translate culturally. Also "Twin Peaks" has proven to have a long shelf life. People are likely to still be watching this season in twenty years and generate profits. Can the same be said for "Dexter"?

"Dexter" and most everything else on "Showtime" are not strong critical performers. As I recall "Dexter" has started to become almost an embarrassment for the network in that regard. "Twin Peaks" received thunderous applause from some of the most prestigious publications. It showed that Showtime could be a serious player that can attract A list talent.