Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by krishnanspace »

https://mobile.twitter.com/horrormuseum ... 2532843522
How would one interpret this? For me it seems like they still stand by their earlier tweet
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

krishnanspace wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/horrormuseum ... 2532843522
How would one interpret this? For me it seems like they still stand by their earlier tweet
I’m so tired of them. :lol: They’ve gotten a year of attention out of “We’re not allowed to say anything except to say we know something you don’t know.” It’s like something a child would do, and it’s the ultimate in obnoxious click-baitery. Perhaps they do know something, and perhaps they don’t, but they’ve handled it in the most infuriating way possible.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

There is a Wisteria Ave in Odessa Texas.

That's all I have right now.

;)
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

madeleineferguson wrote:As for Mark Frost not being involved, well... he wasn’t involved with Fire Walk With Me either. Perhaps Lynch decided he wanted to do this next chapter of Twin Peaks all on his own.

To me, there were so many signs that this new work from Lynch was Twin Peaks related. I’m not ready to give up that dream yet.
I think at this point both Lynch & Frost have to sign off anything related to Twin Peaks. I don't think Lynch can do more Twin Peaks without at least Frost's sanction. Could be wrong though.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I guess the next tell for Peaks or not will be whether Kyle or Sheryl are involved.

@Jasper are you still keeping tabs somewhere?
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Panapaok wrote:
madeleineferguson wrote:As for Mark Frost not being involved, well... he wasn’t involved with Fire Walk With Me either. Perhaps Lynch decided he wanted to do this next chapter of Twin Peaks all on his own.

To me, there were so many signs that this new work from Lynch was Twin Peaks related. I’m not ready to give up that dream yet.
I think at this point both Lynch & Frost have to sign off anything related to Twin Peaks. I don't think Lynch can do more Twin Peaks without at least Frost's sanction. Could be wrong though.
I concur. Though he wasn't a co-writer on FWWM, Frost still was Executive Producer. by definition, Executive Producers are 'involved'... I think if TP were to move ahead, because of the intellectual property and whatnot being partly his, he'd still be involved as EP. For him to say straight up not involved, I take it to mean this is not Twin Peaks. I think there's more to Lynch than TP, so not end of the world. Though I kinda hope it's not about Hollywood and showbiz again, Mulholland and Inland fully explored that a bit. we'll see I guess.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Is anybody here a long time watcher of David's "number" video's on YouTube? I have to admit I'm not. Today's ending features a red curtain. All the other ones I can see end with black space.

Today's number is 8 by the way.

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jerry Horne wrote:Is anybody here a long time watcher of David's "number" video's on YouTube? I have to admit I'm not. Today's ending features a red curtain. All the other ones I can see end with black space.

Curtains are new. I’ve watched ‘em all, and they typically cut off abruptly after he holds up the ball. I’m not reading too too much into it, as I’m still baffled as to why he started wearing a cowboy hat. :lol:

It is worth noting that he announced INLAND EMPIRE from that same weather report desk, via a video on his website, way back in the halcyon days of yore.
FormicaTable
Roadhouse Member

Post by FormicaTable »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Is anybody here a long time watcher of David's "number" video's on YouTube? I have to admit I'm not. Today's ending features a red curtain. All the other ones I can see end with black space.

Curtains are new. I’ve watched ‘em all, and they typically cut off abruptly after he holds up the ball. I’m not reading too too much into it, as I’m still baffled as to why he started wearing a cowboy hat. :lol:
Don't they wear cowboy hats in Odessa, TX? :wink:
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

JackwithOneEye wrote:Though I kinda hope it's not about Hollywood and showbiz again, Mulholland and Inland fully explored that a bit. we'll see I guess.
I'll second that! Whatever it is, I hope it's not even set in California. Those ideas and atmospheres are played.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

FormicaTable wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:

Don't they wear cowboy hats in Odessa, TX? :wink:
Hey that's what I'm thinking!
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Well, this is a delightful surprise! I'm mostly stoked about there being loads of stuff to speculate on in this thread! :-D

I'm in the camp that says it's definitely not TP-related, and I don't even think Kyle and Laura Dern being involved would change my instinct (or indeed other TP cast members). I'm sure Lynch just loves working with the same people, so would very likely reuse them for another project.

I'm probably just trying to not build my hopes up though.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

This is such good news! Of course, nothing is confirmed as of yet, but I have been rather optimistic for a year now that something new is coming, ever since the HHM rumors (please don't judge me), and had some hopes even before that.

At this point, I would say that odds are in favor of this being a completely new David Lynch series, the main reason being Netflix. (I kind of doubt they would just go to somebody else.) Of course, Frost might just be keeping silent until the official announcement and it is also completely possible that they did in fact decide to move to Netflix.

Whatever this turns out to be, I couldn't be more hyped! :D A brand new David Lynch series would be a dream come true and the only thing imaginable that I would like even better would, of course, be season 4. Then again, I think I would prefer an original series to "just one" Twin Peaks related film. (I just loved the structure and pacing of The Return so much.)

So what does everybody think: if this is, presumably, true and, for the sake of the discussion, even the May 2021 shooting start date is true, when could we get an official announcement and potentially even a cast list? It would have to be sometime during the next few months, right?
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

so the little gown down the lane is now Carrie Page
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Soolsma wrote:I guess the next tell for Peaks or not will be whether Kyle or Sheryl are involved.

@Jasper are you still keeping tabs somewhere?
No, because everyone just kept saying "never say never" and "we'll have to wait and see," so there wasn't anything newsworthy and I decided that nothing was likely to happen with Twin Peaks, except maybe far in the future.

As for Kyle or Sheryl being involved, we'll hear about that right away no matter what. People would be flipping out. :lol: