Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BGate
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by BGate »

eyeboogers wrote:
JackwithOneEye wrote:100% on that. everything with Twin Peaks Productions and the Production weekly listing is speculation and guess work.
In terms of Production weekly yes, but in terms of the transfer of ownership of the production company those records are publically available. Also some of us have worked with IP's and financing film productions, so we can speak as to what is commonly done, and what might be less likely.
We may, and I stress may, know the "what" here, but we have no idea of the "why", which is all that really matters.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I actually see zero on that screen grab of a corporate filing that says anything about transfer of ownership. Or a sale of the company , or a sale in stock.
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

Bing was around
howler monkey

Re: RE: Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by howler monkey »

Jonah wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread for this but I wasn't sure where else to post this and here seems to be more active than other parts of the forum.

Lara Flynn Boyle seems to be putting in a decent performance in this upcoming movie (caution - trailer is somewhat spoiler heavy). It might not be great and it's a small movie and maybe part plus her onscreen son is only 7 years younger than her in real life, but it looks a lot better than her output a few years back. I hope this is a bit of a comeback for her and we might see her as Donna (or at least in some decent roles) again one day.

What movie is that? Can't seem to find anything Image

Sendt fra min SM-G973F med Tapatalk
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by MoondogJR »

howler monkey wrote:
Jonah wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread for this but I wasn't sure where else to post this and here seems to be more active than other parts of the forum.

Lara Flynn Boyle seems to be putting in a decent performance in this upcoming movie (caution - trailer is somewhat spoiler heavy). It might not be great and it's a small movie and maybe part plus her onscreen son is only 7 years younger than her in real life, but it looks a lot better than her output a few years back. I hope this is a bit of a comeback for her and we might see her as Donna (or at least in some decent roles) again one day.

What movie is that? Can't seem to find anything Image

Sendt fra min SM-G973F med Tapatalk
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4472508/
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

JackwithOneEye wrote:I actually see zero on that screen grab of a corporate filing that says anything about transfer of ownership. Or a sale of the company , or a sale in stock.
Yeah, not sure how corporate things work exactly. My understanding is that Lynch is the only one who has administrative responsibilities in the company now. Frost gave up the corprorate officer position but that doesn't necessarily mean that he also sold his shares to Lynch.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

JackwithOneEye wrote:I actually see zero on that screen grab of a corporate filing that says anything about transfer of ownership. Or a sale of the company , or a sale in stock.
I appreciate collossalfate or whatever their name is for doing the digging and finding some interesting stuff, but I think people should take their editorializing with a giant grain of salt. Everyone is just running with this one person's interpretation of a document because they were savvy enough to search a public database to find it.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

The latest from Fate Colossal on Twitter is that Christine Larson-Nitzsche is now listed as Line Producer/Production Manager - the same role she had on season 3.

Sorry, don't know how to link to the tweet.

It's not really evidence of anything other than Lynch is getting his old behind the scenes team together again. But, I'll continue to dream on....
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Lots of intriguing hints! It's interesting that the production team looks to be similar despite the change in networks, but I think that's a given.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

sneakydave wrote:The latest from Fate Colossal on Twitter is that Christine Larson-Nitzsche is now listed as Line Producer/Production Manager - the same role she had on season 3.
I enjoyed her last name reminding me of the great German philosopher at the beginning of each part of The Return, even though the spelling is missing that one little vowel.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Stavrogyn wrote:
sneakydave wrote: I enjoyed her last name reminding me of the great German philosopher at the beginning of each part of The Return, even though the spelling is missing that one little vowel.
"Dick Laurent is dead..." - Friedrich Nietzsche.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Yeah I remember reading about this film some time ago. I don't have anything substantive to add, but seeing that LFB was going to be in a film with Laura Dern's dad made the Twin Peaks part of my brain light up.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Nice. The poster also gave me Red Rock West vibes.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Noidea

Post by Noidea »

I just can’t understand why LFB would sign on for this film but passed on Twin Peaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Jonah wrote:Nice. The poster also gave me Red Rock West vibes.
I think I saw that was on Peacock (or one of the other streaming sites), might have to finally watch that.