David Lynch Lime Green Box Set Discussion

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mikeindustry
Roadhouse Member

Re: David Lynch Lime Green Box Set Discussion

Post by Mikeindustry »

Gojikranz - I started a thread a while back theorizing about the same things - I think I called it something like "What's next?" or something - see what I wrote and how it compares to your ideas and comment!
WaveCrest

Post by WaveCrest »

I'm going to wait until the Lime Green boxset is heavily discounted before buying it, especially as the dollar and UK pound are weak at the moment. When I looked at what was in the boxset I was interested in everything apart from Eraserhead, Wild at Heart (including the deleted scenes) and Blue Velvet.
LatelyDavidBass

Post by LatelyDavidBass »

I got this for Christmas, which was cool as it was the only thing I really asked for. I guess it was the total completist in me that wanted it. I was sold on the "mystery disc" and, of course, the Industrial Symphony disc. The rest, I already owned, with the exceptions of the soundtrack and the Elephant Man bonus.

I like the idea of these "colored" sets and hope that more will come.

It's a great set and certainly worth it for any Lynch fans. 200 bucks is a bit steep, but 100 is okay for this. I'd definitely say that each disc is worth 10 bucks. I don't know if that's any real perspective, but maybe it justifies the high price tag.

I personally was never a fan of those big boxes for Eraserhead and Short Films discs. They look cool, but they're too bulky and do not fit practically onto my shelves. It may be shallow to like something strictly for the packaging, but I like the look and feel of the Lime Green.

Just my thoughts...

TB
"Where's that hammer you keep talking about?"
kelvah
Roadhouse Member

Post by kelvah »

Are there any chances to get the box in region 2 format?
Should I still wait or buy it now?

Dugpa, do you have any word about it?

Only doubts, I'm sorry.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

From what I have been told, no release of the Lime Green outside of the US due to rights issues on many of the items in the set.