TP Season 1 UK/Region 2 DVD Set - All About

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

TP Season 1 UK/Region 2 DVD Set - All About

Post by Jonah »

I thought I would start a thread about the UK edition of TP Season 1. I own the UK edition of Season 1 (I previously owned the US edition but sold it - unfortunately not before it started selling like gold dust!). I've only ever come across brief mentions of the UK edition of Season 1 and am interested in discussing it and finding out what other people think of it.

I think the packaging is excellent, virtually the same as the US edition.

What I'm curious about is, do people think the picture quality and sound quality are as good as on the US edition? As with this edition, there are 3 episodes per disc instead of 2 like on the US one. Does it make a major difference.

I'm also wondering what people think of the Pilot quality? It is not as good as the rest of the episodes but great to have. I think the quality is just a bit more washed out looking. It's certainly better than VHS or the Manga Spanish edition, But is it better than the Asian Pilot DVD?

Finally, just wondering why they bothered putting all the special features on the fourth and final disc? If they hadn't there would have been room to spread out the episodes a bit more. And the Tibet Easter Egg is not even on this disc (someone tell me if I'm wrong but I can't find it!) - although all the other brief-glimpses-before-commentary easter eggs are on the other discs.