Zelly and Me

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Annie
Global Moderator

Zelly and Me

Post by Annie »

Has anybody seen this? I just got to the part in "Beautiful Dark" where it talks about David's only real acting role opposite Isabella Rossellini. On Amazon.com, it's only in VHS. Damn.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
dl_fan
Roadhouse Member

Re: Zelly and Me

Post by dl_fan »

I bought a VHS copy of this movie off ebay after I read about it in "Beautiful Dark" (which I am still reading - it's the second time I've checked it out of the library; I've just gotten past page 500). I thought it was a sort of interesting movie, not great or anything - I really only wanted to watch it to see David Lynch - I thought he was very, very good. I also made a point of watching all the "On the Air" episodes and the "Hotel Room" trilogy because of "Beautiful Dark". I've been having a hard time getting through this book, though, because the typos put me off, and the piece on page 380 about the "convoluted story" about why they shot TP in Snoqualmie Valley really put me off (he says Lynch said "Call me", instead of "So call me", so he missed the punchline - "So call me", "Snoqualmie" - makes me wonder what else he misunderstood). Anyway, I thought "Zelly & Me" was worth watching to see David Lynch's scenes.
motoko
Roadhouse Member

Post by motoko »

If you still have a working VCR that's still hooked up, or you could hook one up, and get the tape for really cheap, then I would recommend watching it just as a piece of DL memorabilia. IMO it's certainly not the greatest movie in the world, however its Lynch acting in a serious role which is certainly rare. It's been a while since I last viewed it but to the best of my memory, David's not in it a whole hell of a lot. The movie's main focus is on Isabella's relationship with the young girl. Hope this helps.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks guys. I wish I could just check it out somewhere.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Indifferent43
RR Diner Member

Post by Indifferent43 »

I've been dying to watch this movie for ages! I can't find it anywhere, not even online. Is it possible for someone to somehow to convert the VHS to a digital copy?
Buck's Student
Roadhouse Member

Post by Buck's Student »

Indifferent43 wrote:I've been dying to watch this movie for ages! I can't find it anywhere, not even online. Is it possible for someone to somehow to convert the VHS to a digital copy?
Yes, I believe so, but probably with a DVD/VHS player with a USB port.