David Lynch Signature Cup

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

It is somewhat expensive. That's why it's rockin' good news that they will sell it through retail channels. I hope. I may buy one tin of coffee to say I have it. But a regular customer? I can't afford it.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

When it comes to refill time, maybe some of us UK types should club together to save on postage... If we buy again, that is.
Last edited by Asterisk on Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Asterisk wrote:When it comes to refill time, maybe some of UK types should club together to save on postage... If we buy again, that is.
There's an idea. A good one. I wonder if I can get some Lynchies around here to do this.
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Well, finding that I needed some espresso, I went ahead and ordered some DL espresso and will post a taste test when I can.
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
dunkrag
Roadhouse Member

Post by dunkrag »

Asterisk wrote:When it comes to refill time, maybe some of UK types should club together to save on postage... If we buy again, that is.
I'd be up for clubbing together with some other UK fans of the coffee. I've ordered 5 bags already and am addicted to the stuff.

It would defo save on shipping to put in a bulk order.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Well, I ordered some espresso, since I was out anyway, and got it and tried it and it is really good stuff. I'm going to read up on coffee tasting and come back and try to write a coffee gourmet style review. Please laugh.
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Shipslice99

Post by Shipslice99 »

I just tried the house roast. It was OK. Not the best I've ever had, nor the worst. But the packaging is very nice. And that often seems to be the case with celebrity products...lures you in with name recogniztion and slick packaging but then leaves you wanting with the actual goods.

Still, I'm glad I tried it.
dunkrag
Roadhouse Member

Post by dunkrag »

Er - is it just me or has the shipping from davidlynch.com shot up drastically.
I've been loving and buying lots of the coffee but now he is trying to charge me $92!!!!! just in shipping for 2 packets (I'm in the UK but is was only $30odd the last time I bought). What gives? I certainly ain't buying anymore at that price.
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

Yep it appears to have at least doubled. The shipping costs have no basis in the real world. You could ship a piano for the amount they're charging to send a DVD to the UK. My experiences with the davidlynch.com shop haven't been great, unfortunately.
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

Shit, that's a bit much, isn't it?! It was always pricey buying from dl.com, especially once one factored in additional import duty to the UK, but $92 for a couple bags of coffee is insane.

Mr Lynch, we may well like you, but we don't want to the only ones keeping you in cigarettes. Get a grip, my friend...
MrBungle

Post by MrBungle »

The organic house roast is great! nice and robust and rich (but not too intense) with hints of spices. I lucked out and they sent me 2 8oz bags instead of 1 12oz bag because they said they were out. So I got a little extra for free!
think I'll go make some now!
Fatso the wombat

Post by Fatso the wombat »

Yeah, I posted a while back that $28 for a jar of coffee was a high amount for shipping, but $91.71 for a jar of coffee...? And that's the cheapest option...? (The most expensive being $148.07...)

I mean, what are they shipped in, gold caskets...? Will they be hand delivered by Mr Lynch himself if you choose the most expensive option?
Digital Ghost

Post by Digital Ghost »

I ordered the Organic Espresso, and it is damn fine! I'm almost out, so I ordered the Organic House Roast. I don't mind the cost, or the shipping, because a 12 oz. bag lasts me like two months (I'm the only one drinking it, my fiance detests coffee). And I like the fact that they come with those neat little coasters! It's like Pokemon, ya gotta catch 'em all! If only the tins had different collectors artwork...
dugpa
Site Admin

Re: David Lynch Signature Cup

Post by dugpa »

Organic Coffee available now at Amazon.com
Annie
Global Moderator

Re: David Lynch Signature Cup

Post by Annie »

Hey, cool! But I think the thrill is gone now.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.