The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Annie
Global Moderator

The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

Post by Annie »

Hey, anybody watch this tonight or is it still too early for you guys out west. No spoilers here.
I just am so excited to see Conan back on TV!!! Great show tonight.
I realize I'm a geek but I just couldn't stop smiling! :lol:
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
jameseric

Re: The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

Post by jameseric »

Conan seems to be transitioning OK. He said he's "...leaving childish things behind...", which is a shame. The NY audiences seem to have a harder edge for his best albeit sometimes cruel humor. I'm impressed at how many of the NY team moved to LA to continue working on the show!
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Have you been watching Jimmy Fallon? His show is getting crazier!! But I love both of them. I've heard a lot of older people complaining about missing Jay, but that new show might be interesting--I won't be watching it.
BobbyPeru

Post by BobbyPeru »

I'm a Conan fan as well, though my favorite was Letterman before he got to politicaly biased. Never liked Leno, and really hate Fallon. Never liked him on SNL, and don't understand his appeal whatsoever!
"I'm a whole damn town" - Andy
jameseric

Post by jameseric »

Jimmy is great as well. He's very talented, and quick just like Conita. Some of Fallon & Company's stuff is funny and brilliant. Though, just as much of it is bombing completely. Oh well, I think he's here to stay. I hear Conan started out a bit rocky too. I didn't start watching until 2001. Jay should be good again. It sounds like he's dumping some of the stupid stuff, but, who knows? Carson Daly is searching for the right angle. He seems to be able to write his own ticket. Good luck!
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I had to give Jimmy a break after the first week, but now, when I can watch, I do. I really miss Conan being on later.