New Lynch exhibit: "Femmes d'influence" in Paris

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hervé Love
Roadhouse Member

A magic moment

Post by Hervé Love »

News from Lynch in Paris.
I advise to all people who came to the exhibition organized by the Galeries Lafayettes to visit the place where Lynch created the lithographies.
It is called the « Atelier Item », one of the last atelier of lithography in Paris.
First of all, you will visit the gallery showing a great part of Lynch works and, surprise, the entire collection of the « distorted nudes » !
Then, if you're lucky, the owner, Patrice Forest, will make you discover the atelier, a 1400 square meters room situated behind the building. Incredible place looking like a XIXe century factory with some very old proofing press « David just left Paris. He was just working here for new piece of art » says the owner, showing a table with a draft, a pen and an apron
Actually, this a the place where Lynch started to make the lithographies. According to the owner, it was in 2007, during the Fondation Cartier exhibition. « I invited him to try it, he made a first drawing and then he decided to come back the day after Now, he is coming as much as he can » Patrice Forest says. « When he comes, he's going first to the restaurant « Plougastel » near the atelier, eating a crepe, each time the same, with two eggs and ham. Then he comes in the atelier to work. He loves the atmosphere, with the workers around him who leave him alone, working, drinking coffee, meditating ».
Incredible visit, I told you.
Afterwards, we came back in the gallery, having a look to the pictures, talking about Lynch, our community of fans, Dugpa website
A magic moment

Atelier Idem : 51 rue du Montparnasse.
Til the 10th of october.
Open everyday except on on sunday.
Annie
Global Moderator

Re: New Lynch exhibit: "Femmes d'influence" in Paris

Post by Annie »

Great story!!! I love the little details about Lynch first creating in Paris, down to what he ate every day and talking about OUR website! Wowie! I say repost the article but I assume few of the members read French.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Fall_of_Sophia
Roadhouse Member

Re: New Lynch exhibit: "Femmes d'influence" in Paris

Post by Fall_of_Sophia »

Some photos of the shop windows in Paris: