2 different Season 2 releases?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

chet

2 different Season 2 releases?

Post by chet »

I've read that the releases for Region 1 and Region 4 are different - but cannot find any info as to why. Can anyone shed some light?

I want to go buy it this week!

Chet, Australia.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

I believe the R4 release is missing some of the "Log Lady Intros." Check some of the threads here to get the full story.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

The transfers are said to be the same although, the Region 4 has gotten the same complaints as the Region 2 on Episode 12 Sound issues.

The main difference is that Region 4 only has Log Lady Episodes and Director Interviews on Disc 4-6 whereas the Region 1 disc sets have Log Lady Intros for all Episodes on all 6 Discs.

The reason why is that Paramount decided to try and cash in on Twin peaks Season 2 for Seasonal Sales and released the first half bare bones.

They just ported the US version for the second half as there were many complaints on the lack of extras being that most fans have waited almost 6 years for the set.

I would say if you waited this long, hold out until October for when they release the whole Series in one big box.

-B
chet

Post by chet »

Cool - thanks.

what do you mean by "they just ported..."?

How about the packeging differences?

and waited 6 years? Hasn't it been more like 10+ years?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Ported as in copied over from the US version.
chet

Post by chet »

ok sorry but I'm still confused as to what you meant :oops:
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

No problemo. I think I first heard the term in software or video games when they copy software from one platform to another. :)
chet

Post by chet »

thanks, but I meant I'm confused about what you were trying to say below in the conxext of twin peaks extras...

so can anyone confirm the different packeging for R1 vs R4 releases ot TP Season 2?
Lazlo

Post by Lazlo »

The R1 release is a six disc set. R4 is two 3 disc sets and only has the log lady intros on the second set. The packaging for the R4 sets is similar to the season 1 set, with the clear plastic sleeve over the boxes.

If the log lady intros aren't important to you and you really must have it this week then you should be happy with the R4 release but it'll cost you about $75. I got the R1 set from Amazon for about $54 but it took a few weeks to arrive.
chet

Post by chet »

thankyou :D

just the answer I was looking for! I might hold out till Oct (?) for the box set. Is this really going to be released or is it speculation?

It's WANT over NEED at the moment :twisted:
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

It is really going to be released. I've spoken with the producer of the set. So far, all I know is that they have done new interviews and hope to include the Pilot.

-B
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

dugpa wrote:It is really going to be released. I've spoken with the producer of the set. So far, all I know is that they have done new interviews and hope to include the Pilot.

-B
I'm glad for the new interviews. I really am. But if the complete mystery doesn't have the pilot, I won't buy it. In fact, if the complete mystery doesn't come with stuff like FWWM and deleted scenes or some cool extras like the SNL skit or the Phil Donahue Show then I may not buy it either. I have Season 1 and 2 so a complete box set better include a lot more stuff to get me to part with my $$$.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
chet

Post by chet »

I reckon I'll hang out for the box set :)

cheers guys