"Do your palms ever itch?" All things Audrey

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

blair
Roadhouse Member

Re: "Do your palms ever itch?" All things Audrey

Post by blair »

I have found this portrait in imdb, thanks to Afterthecredits.

http://www.twitpic.com/z1f5q

Apparently it was from an artistic exposition with some portraits of girls of twin peaks, I really would like to see othe others portraits.
The Book House Boy

Post by The Book House Boy »

Here is a picture of the poster sherilyn signed --- I'm Audrey Horne and I get what I want!

her hand writing looks nothing like the hand written notes she leaves for cooper

The Owls Are Not What They Seem
JFK
Roadhouse Member

Post by JFK »

where did you snag that poster?
The Book House Boy

Post by The Book House Boy »

I bought it on ebay 6 or 7 years ago
The Owls Are Not What They Seem
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

AHA! Anyone ever noticed how unique Audrey's saddle shoes were? Traditionally, the black stripe runs down the middle. Well, the answer: Sherilyn revealed that her saddle shoes were painted! David wanted her in them, and there were none around, so prop department took a pair of oxfords and painted them.

mystery solved.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Lil
Roadhouse Member

Post by Lil »

Found this fab photo that I bought in my youth (oh so many yars ago). I can scan it, if anyone wants a better view.
Attachments
DSC01482.JPG
DSC01482.JPG (222.73 KiB) Viewed 10815 times
blair
Roadhouse Member

Post by blair »

There are an wonderful comment from Sherylin in her blog about the Twin Peaks pilot, specially this comment about the casting (sorry for my bad english):

http://sherilynshines.blogspot.com/2010 ... l#comments

"There are so many more memories....snow on the ground.....much times spent with James......avoiding parties and Kyle a bit on the make.....I even had an emergency wisdom teeth removal during the filming. But that is all for now."

I'm not fluent in english and I really would like to know this comment "a bit on the make", thank you for advance for the definition.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

enjoy. a friend tipped me off to these... the second part is a hoot -she talks about Miss Lara Flynn Boyle.

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Great interview! Thank you!

I tought she just couln't break through to Hollywood, but it seems it was her choice. Good to see she's happy :)
Face In The Leaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by Face In The Leaves »

Thanks for the links - the "Just laugh!" line in part two is comedic genius.

Did you know Frank Silva was working as a crew member the night they filmed Sherilyn's scene for Wild At Heart?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

No, I did not know that at all. That's pretty cool. Always disappointed Audrey and Bob never had a scene together (which probably would have happened to some degree before the story went off track) -that would have been scary awesome.

Love the comment, "Ooooh no. This was supposed to be the Lara Flynn Boyle Show."
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks for posting those Audrey. Very enlightening! And I love her line, too, about the Lara Flynn Boyle Show.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
B_M

Post by B_M »

You know, this is, excuse me, a damn fine topic. If anyone deserves to bear the name of my favourite Twin Peaks character, then it would be you, Audrey Horne.

I think that everyone who wants to interview Sherilyn Fenn should read your analysis first, because typically Audrey's perception seems limited to cherry stem trick and dancing in the diner.

Actually I've registered to this board mostly to notify my appreciation of your hard work. I've got some meandering thoughts about doing a long audio-visual analysis of Audrey's character. But at first such thing needs a lot of planning, and I also intended to extract unreleased music from the series. Damn, the revival of fascination with TP is troubling and ureasonable.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

wow, thanks for the kind words, B M. I'm flattered.

I think I might be revisiting this -maybe cleaning up the old entries (they were pretty much rambling free thought association). I should really continue on through at least the end of the Laura Palmer saga. So perhaps soon, I'll sit down, pour a drink, put on the sound track and do another entry.

I miss griping about the Audrey/Cooper story.
B_M

Post by B_M »

That's nice. I think that at least episodes 5 to 8 need coverage. The ninth episode is the first one without Audrey at all and its only purpose is to resolve the whole "Laura's-killer-is-known-and-must-die" problem. I assume that after the pressured reveal of murderer's identity and realization that they can no longer have him running freely, the creators had to come up with some concepts for the main story arc. The TP marathon I recently did reassured me once more that a natural choice would be reinforcing the bond between Audrey and Cooper (which is clearly shown in the 8th episode's final scene), and have them deal with Jean Renault. And then the whole Windom Earle/Black Lodge storyline, plus scenes with discontented Ben Horne, who does not suddenly decide to win the Civil War.

But then, from known reasons (there were three), the whole concept is butchered out and Audrey and Cooper characters are quickly disconnected from each other. The whole "dramatic farewell" from the episode 10 just shows how abrupt the change is. And then we have all those unnecessary or just weak plotlines like the devil Little Nicky, Evelyn Marsh and her brother/lover (who wants to be like Jack Nicholson in "The Postman Always Rings Twice"), Donna's "I am your father", Nadine dating Mike, Ben's Civil War Madness that evolves into Ben's Pine Weasel Madness, soapy romance between Audrey and a random annoying cowboy with a wig (those drugs were really bad for her) and unnatural hastiness with Cooper and Annie romance (just because Windom needs to abduct Cooper's love and we're running out of time).

About cleaning up the older entries - I perfectly know the feeling of returning to text written way back ;) Especially in case of this approach to character analysis (episode by episode, scene by scene). It would be easier to go back to text created with method of listing the points/matters and then referring to specific scenes. For example:

- when is Audrey the real self?
- relationship with Benjamin Horne (Laura as a factor)
- relationship with brother Johnny (her care about him, something about the deleted scenes)
- similarities and differences between Audrey and Laura
- Audrey and Donna = the bad girl and the good girl?
- "special" relationship with Dale Cooper and how it influences her (and him)
- Audrey and the Black Lodge: red drapes in OEJ, Giant's concern about Audrey, possible "powers" that Audrey possesses (telepathic aspects of her prayer - not only this scene is filmed that way, but I've always believed that the words "Cooper, Cooper, Cooper" shown to Dale by Major Briggs are Audrey's thoughts focused on her Special Agent). They all might be considered misinterpretations, and I think they pretty much are in terms of the canon plotline. But it doesn't mean these ideas couldn't be developed in that direction.
- Audrey = Jeffrey Beaumont of Twin Peaks - even deeper than just an innocent youth with good intentions discovering the evil and danger of adult world. Jeffrey failed to remain pure - he discovered his dark side (when he starts to beat Isabella Rossellini - hence the name "Jeffrey's Dark Side"). He even killed a man (well, he deserved it, but it's still pretty hard). In turn Audrey remains pure (well, the interrogation of Battis might be considered as a counterexample, but the whole situation is complex), just like she assures Cooper at the end of the eight episode.
- references to other work of arts ("The Notorious" reference is just great and obvious - nice spotting it)
etc.

But the way you did it, it is much more interesting to read :) I really like your style. I have to check out the alternative second season plot yet.