LYNCHthree

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hervé Love
Roadhouse Member

Lynch Three Project

Post by Hervé Love »

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

A new project, a new one : a crowdfunding campaign for a next documentary called "Lynch three".
T-shirts, posters and bags for sale made by David himself !!!

Here it is : http://lynchthree.com/

And special events for French people living in Paris : http://www.sinnyooko.com/site/lynch2.html
Thanx to Peggy !
Annie
Global Moderator

Re: Lynch Three Project

Post by Annie »

Thanks again for a heads up, Herve'; I just wish he'd stop these projects and do a real film again...
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Hervé Love
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hervé Love »

You're right, Annie !
Lynch news are reduced to commercial events, for a long time ...
We're wainting for something else...
ExplodingBuddha

Post by ExplodingBuddha »

Ever think maybe this doc will follow him through the process of making a new film much like Lynch One? Since this one hasn't gone into production yet, it obviously can't be about his Maharishi movie.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

It cost me $55 (including shipping) to have the poster delivered in Europe. The strange thing is that they don't charge US residents for shipping, when they ship the items from Denmark!!!
Last edited by Pete Martell on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fall_of_Sophia
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fall_of_Sophia »

My poster's been posted. Can't wait!
Face In The Leaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by Face In The Leaves »

I was pleasantly surprised to discover the $55 mentioned by Pete Martell included the $50 donation + $5 postage. I thought at first they were asking for a donation of $50 + $55 shipping. The shipping costs on davidlynch.com have made me wary of committing myself to anything Lynch endorsed until I've read the small print! I donated twice and my (lavish) print and (beautiful) grey t-shirt arrived from this morning. I could kiss whoever had the good sense to dispatch the free gifts to non-US residents from Denmark.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Sorry, my post is now corrected!
Face In The Leaves
Roadhouse Member

Pete Martell wrote:Sorry, my post is now corrected!
The scary thing is I'd still have paid it (and then complained bitterly for the rest of my life)!
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I just received an email posting this site. It's described as a feature length film about DL. Strange. Anybody know any more?
Face In The Leaves
Roadhouse Member

Lynch One was technically a feature length film about David Lynch. Presumably it's just a roundabout way of saying 'documentary' as opposed to a biopic!

I haven't heard a thing about Lynch Three, despite contributing not once but twice. And there was me secretly hoping for an executive producer credit! The promise of information actually made me take an interest in something I would otherwise have been indifferent to. Keeping Lynch fans informed is a good way to build a relationship with the target audience and eventually realise their investment.

I liked Lynch One but I only watched it once and can't remember anything about it. In fact, it's interesting that they're referring to Lynch Three as 'a film about David Lynch' because it dispenses with the 'documentary' tag. Lynch One worked as a 'film' but as a documentary it paled in comparison to Pretty As A Picture. Marketing Lynch Three as a film about David Lynch is probably clever semantics.
Annie
Global Moderator

LYNCHthree

Post by Annie »

From the LYNCHthree project:

This is our first official newsletter since the launch of the LYNCHthree project. Many of you have joined us from the beginning and some of you have recently signed on. We would like to say how nice it is that you have chosen to follow along as we embark on the making of the LYNCHthree documentary. We look forward to sharing the experience with each and everyone of you.

The director of LYNCHthree is currently in Germany finishing up his work as one of the directors of David Lynch presents: Interview Project Germany. (release 2011) For those of you not familiar with Interview Project, please bookmark the link below and spend some time exploring it when you get a chance.

The fundraising portion of the LYNCHthree project is still on going. We were touched by all the outpouring of support from David Lynch fans around the world. It's still an up hill battle getting the financing together for LYNCHthree, but we're eager to see it to the top.

We realize that most people find it financially difficult to support the arts, so we would like to extend a 25% discount to members of the LYNCHthree newsletter. These contributions really enables us to make this film and in return we hope you enjoy David Lynch's hand drawn portrait as a thank you gift. This portrait was made by David Lynch in support of LYNCHthree, so it's a unique image that represents the LYNCHthree project and your support. Please keep in mind that for orders to arrive by Christmas--donations would need to be placed by the 12th of December. Thank you very much for all your wonderful and generous support. We look forward to having you "behind the scenes" with us in 2011.
Attachments
02b.jpg
02b.jpg (107.02 KiB) Viewed 16607 times
Face In The Leaves
Roadhouse Member

Re: LYNCHthree

I donated twice and still didn't receive that alleged 'newsletter'. The nerve!

The real problem with raising funds for the LYNCHthree project isn't the financial crisis but the wealth of Lynch documentaries and interviews that have released over the last five years - most of which cover the same ground. One and Two were interesting but Three was announced without there being any demand from fans. Instead of trying to incentivise people with posters and discounts the production company should be giving us reasons why we need this documentary to be made - especially if DL is going to be focusing on music for the foreseeable future.

I'd be happy to donate more money if I knew the documentary was going to include a substantial ten minute discussion about those deleted scenes - even if it was only included as a DVD extra - because the world (and in particular me) needs to know what was filmed, why it was cut and where the footage is now. Stills from deleted scenes, which have got to exist somewhere, would be much appreciated. If it's going to be about what DL's doing now (music, world peace etc.) there's not going to be much demand for the finished product, which would be a shame.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Re: LYNCHthree

Post by Mb3 »

What happened to this project ? Was it put on hold ?