Remaining Mystery Twin Peaks Locations

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Re: Remaining Mystery Twin Peaks Locations

Post by dugpa »

ciro161 wrote:Way back in 1994 I met some people from Washington while on vacation in Cancun, Mexico. I struck up a conversation with them about Twin Peaks, and they said they recalled seeing TPFWWM being filmed around their town.
I wonder if maybe they filmed the "Buenos Aires" scenes there perhaps.
ciro161 wrote: They specifically mentioned that they filmed "the bar scene" in an actual bar in Ravensdale, Washington. The people that lived near this bar were upset because this place had been shut down, and when they saw "seedy people" going in and out, they thought it had reopened.

I always assumed "the bar scene" meant the Pink Room, so perhaps you should poke around Ravensdale...
Interesting. I'm leaning towards it being a set based on the Shooting Diary referring to the scene as being shot in a stuio and on a set. Then again, you never know.
ciro161

Post by ciro161 »

Sorry, I think I worded that funny...I met these people in Mexico while we were both on vacation, and started to talk to them about Washington, where they were from. I didn't mean to imply that anything was shot in Mexico.

I read the section of the shooting diary that you posted, and it certainly does seem like they shot the Pink Room in a studio. I wonder what they shot in Ravensdale--if anything. I tend to believe some part of their story because they were pretty specific about the angry neighbors thinking the bar had reopened!

I have never been to Washington, but I really enjoy InTwinPeaks.com, and of course Dupga.com. You guys do great work!
Last edited by ciro161 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Dumb question, but is City Studios, that place where they shot all of the interiors in Van Nuys, still around in any shape or form?
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

if any of you are complete psycho nerds like myself and care to see, i was able to grab a couple of shots of the state penitentiary that charles recently found. dont explode in excitement, its not much, but if you want to see it check out my blog. thank you charles! it still blows my mind you found this place.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

TheArm wrote:Dumb question, but is City Studios, that place where they shot all of the interiors in Van Nuys, still around in any shape or form?
city studios is still there (as of sept. '09) but i'm not sure who (if anyone) knows if any of the sets are intact.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

A bit delayed, but I will be in l.a. Next week to track down the remaining filming sites. With a little bit of luck and if a few hail marys pay off I will return with some cool and uncovered ground. If any of yall have more info to share please post!
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Hey everyone. I am headed home on the red eye from cali and have some CRAZY stuff to share once I'm back. Atleast a few sites that have previously not been covered online before. Cheers!
missoulamt
RR Diner Member

Post by missoulamt »

Looking forward to your updates! I wonder what locations they could be... :)
my socks are on fire

Post by my socks are on fire »

Just got back from 'hallowed ground' - I live in Oregon and the wife and I decided to pay a visit on my birthday. Had a nice break in the weather (break being having it turn rainy/foggy from sunny) so we could get the proper mood. Got some nice twilight shots of the falls, too bad about the construction.

First of all - thanks to Charles and all his accomplices for the details. Personally, Fat Trout offered up the most creepy experience of the sites. I snuck into one of the trailers and shot out through the broken glass. I forgot about the damn pole though...

Wanted to go on a Harold Smith house mission, but knew my wife wasn't up for it. Right when you enter NB from the west on 202 there's some houses on the south side of the highway, old houses that are set off from the road (Sidney Ave, I believe) behind other ones. Something about it intrigued me, but like I said, the wife wasn't into it.

I'm sure Charles is miles ahead of me on this anyways. One question - was Glastonberry Grove in FWWM picked up from the series with Leland's entrance superimposed, or did they shoot another one there somewhere?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Glastonberry was shot in franklin canyon for both the series and FWwM. Harold smiths place HAS to be somewhere near reinig rd...I drove around for awhile during the fest and came up with nothing:(
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

ack! after staring at google maps i'm almost positive i've pinned down dead dog farm. the maps on bing are alot clearer, but my computer hates that site and i cant save the map just right to share with you. on bing you can also make out the very tree cooper stands in front of before giving himself over to renault. check out my google map link and let me know what yall think. i should have pics of this place soon! reportedly the 'for sale' sign is still there, tho the building is long gone. also, the little nicky flat tire scene was shot in the same area and by God i WILL find it:)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 993ece3149
pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Post by pvilmur »

Brad -- that looks like the place alright. It appears fire has ravaged the entire hillside, though. There were a lot more trees around when I visited DDF in the late '90s. On Google Maps, the house was located on the white "footprint" to the left of your pin, kind of at the beginning of the small loop. You're right -- they've totally leveled the place -- I don't see anything even vaguely recognizable. Too bad.

Pete
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Pete, I went straight to the loop on that map the first time I went there. The footprint is actually the barrier of a gigantic drainage ditch. The loop looks much like the sidewalk around the house from the air but standing in the spot it is def not it. I went back in October with someone that had been there and they confirmed that spot, but yes, its all been torn apart.

Did you happen to see the little nicky flat tire spot?it was very close by.
pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Post by pvilmur »

Brad -- to be quite honest, I've erased that Little Nicky episode from my memory. No, I don't think I knew it was shot nearby.

I'll definitely need to get all my Dead Dog Farm slides scanned -- since the location is no longer available, I guess these images are all we've got. I think I must have shot 50 or so pics of that location, inside and out.

Pete
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I would DIE to see all those pics! Keep me updated:)