Twin Peaks Props

Forum dedicated to Twin Peaks photos, props, and other rare Twin Peaks memorabilia.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks Props

Post by jlyon1515 »

Nothing earth shattering, but I identified silly McDonald's mug that is behind Pete during the pilot. Sent the info over to the Twin Peaks Props site.
http://twinpeaksprops.blogspot.com/2010 ... s-mug.html
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Pictures and information on obtaining your own Twin Peaks letterman jacket!

http://twinpeaksprops.blogspot.com/2010 ... chool.html
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-11-12 at 1.45.14 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-11-12 at 1.45.14 PM.png (226.86 KiB) Viewed 9927 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen shot 2010-12-04 at 11.24.56 AM.png
Screen shot 2010-12-04 at 11.24.56 AM.png (254.1 KiB) Viewed 9869 times
Face In The Leaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by Face In The Leaves »

That's a very plush looking carpet!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Face In The Leaves wrote:That's a very plush looking carpet!
Actually, that's a blanket on my bed (one of my cat's favorites)
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:Cooper FBI file photo (Original):

http://twinpeaksprops.blogspot.com/2010 ... ginal.html
This photo sems to be a little cropped in the episode.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

qbin2001 wrote:

It's the same photo :) I purchased it from the asst. prop master of Twin Peaks. I purchased an entire box of props, photos, scripts etc from him. I also have the fingerprint sheet you see in the screenshot as well. For the longest time I had no idea what the story was with the photo, then, one day while watching this episode on an 103 inch screen - I saw it! It still has the paperclip indentation in the photo where it was attached to some paperwork in the scene.
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-12-07 at 10.44.53 AM.png
Screen shot 2010-12-07 at 10.44.53 AM.png (194.38 KiB) Viewed 9815 times
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:

It's the same photo :) I purchased it from the asst. prop master of Twin Peaks.
My eyes tells me something different (working as a graphic, so I can catch details like that).
Look at attached photo - I resized and strightened photo from episode to compare it to yours. There's few differences - white frame is closer to the head, shadows on the right are deeper. I think it's from the same session, but not the same photo...
Attachments
coop-photo.jpg
coop-photo.jpg (14.83 KiB) Viewed 9803 times
Face In The Leaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by Face In The Leaves »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Face In The Leaves wrote:That's a very plush looking carpet!
Actually, that's a blanket on my bed (one of my cat's favorites)
Your cat and I must have the same taste in soft furnishings!
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

qbin2001 wrote:My eyes tells me something different (working as a graphic, so I can catch details like that).
Look at attached photo - I resized and strightened photo from episode to compare it to yours. There's few differences - white frame is closer to the head, shadows on the right are deeper. I think it's from the same session, but not the same photo...
I don't know, qbin, I still think it could be the exact same photo. Lighting in a room could cause areas to be darker, and the blur is so severe that his head could be lower than you think. We're comparing to such a low-res example, that I think it's hard to say either way. Seeing how he got this whole slew of things from the prop master, I'd say it's a fairly good chance that it's the one though.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

jlyon1515 wrote:I don't know, qbin, I still think it could be the exact same photo.
I'm still not convinced.
jlyon1515 wrote:Lighting in a room could cause areas to be darker,
No shadows on the photo's top edge (if there was any it should be on a paper also).
jlyon1515 wrote:and the blur is so severe that his head could be lower than you think.
I don't thin so. Not as much.

I know it's blurry on my comparison picture, but I looked closely in the 720p version of the episode, and my opinion is still the same.

On the photo on the table, Cooper is closer to the camera. Head almost touches the border. I think the photo from the table was taken from the different (lower) angle (that's why the right corner is darker).

I don't believe they did only that one photo. I think there was a few of them, and they're just choosed other one for the shoot - with Cooper filling full frame of it.
Last edited by qbin2001 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Hmmm. Interesting points here. I agree with Jlyon that you cannot trust the shadows on such a blurry screenshot. However, qbin, you might have a point about headroom. I still think that the fact that my photo has a paperclip mark exactly where the photo in the screenshot has one (attached to a sheet of paper) leads me to think it's the one in the episode. However, I know that when it comes to photo props, the prop guys made backups (I have a backup prop of the Laura Doorway print from FWWM and at one time I had two Owl Cave prop photos from episode 28) in case one went missing or got damaged. So, I think qbin, you have raised enough doubt in my mind to downgrade this from a 'Screen Used Original Prop' to an 'Original Prop'.

:P
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Original prop from the Pilot discovered! Details and pictures over at: http://twinpeaksprops.blogspot.com/2011 ... ginal.html
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-02-20 at 11.57.47 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-02-20 at 11.57.47 AM.png (213.87 KiB) Viewed 9585 times
Screen shot 2011-02-20 at 11.18.55 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-02-20 at 11.18.55 AM.png (225.05 KiB) Viewed 9585 times
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

'Flesh World' Pilot version proof page:

http://twinpeaksprops.blogspot.com/2011 ... ginal.html
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-06-15 at 10.06.23 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-06-15 at 10.06.23 AM.png (224.97 KiB) Viewed 9432 times
Billiam

Post by Billiam »

Hey there, as I mentioned in my first post in the Intro thread in the Hap's Diner forum, here is one of my most prized possessions from Twin Peaks.

Again, the backstory is this: I was in Snoqualmie/North Bend for the first Twin Peaks Festival in 1992. Aside from a ton of other fun events, Dinner with the Stars at the Salish Lodge, eating pretty much every other meal at the Mar T Cafe, meeting locals, visitng locations, getting my TP:FWWM poster in the Pie Eating Contest, etc etc etc, we walked into the building across the street from the Mar T Cafe...the nondescript white one with a rounded corner entrance....where there was a flea market, and one area was selling junk that was touted as "props" that were rented and used in the recent filming of TP:FWWM...with no guarantees by the seller that anything here would be in the final cut of the movie.

So, amidst all that stuff I saw this percolator, and at the time I had a full 50's vibe going in my home, so I thought "why not?"....figuring that if it wasn't in the movie, a coffee pot from my Twin Peaks weekend would be the perfect memento to bring home.

I had to leave on the plane Sunday afternoon, so I missed out on the US premiere of TP:FWWM in town, but on opening night a couple months later back home, it was a pretty awesome feeling to see my coffee pot in the movie, on the shelf behind Kiefer Sutherland in the Deer Meadow morgue scene! (...with longer screen time than a lot of the cast members :o )

According to the bottom of the percolator, it's a West Bend Flavo-Matic, cat. # 3882E and was sold to me with the electrical cord rolled up and stuffed inside, all the filtration stuff intact as well. I've never used it.

Naturally, what started out as an impulse buy has become a very treasured item. I have no way of notarizing this, but I know for sure that this is the same coffee pot seen in the movie, and that's good enough for me. :)

I've had the pot sitting on a shelf in the past with my classic Twin Peaks Sheriff Dept. coffee mug, a small wedge-shaped cutting from a tree I found in the woods across the lake from the Weyerhauser Mill, (the "keystone" wedge cut into a tree by loggers to create the stress point to send a tree tumbling down), and my framed autographed card from Catherine Coulson. Everything is packed away now, but it'll all be put back together on display one day.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

~B
"I can't understand a word you're saying, you have a thing in your mouth!"