davidlynch.com is now David Lynch Music Company

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

iar
RR Diner Member

Re: davidlynch.com is now David Lynch Music Company

Post by iar »

I absolutely agree. I don't rate Good Day Today either. One listen was enough. But again, I Know is pretty darn good and much more the kind of quality I expect from Lynch.

I dunno... I think I can forgive Lynch for some of his 'less than stellar output' because I appreciate his experimentation. There's nothing worse than an artist (in any medium) who plays it safe, or repeats their glory days over and over until everyone is fed up of hearing the same thing. Maybe Lynch's work doesn't always work but I feel like his love of experimenting and his risk-taking is what makes him a great artist.
brokentiny
Roadhouse Member

Post by brokentiny »

iar wrote:I absolutely agree. I don't rate Good Day Today either. One listen was enough. But again, I Know is pretty darn good and much more the kind of quality I expect from Lynch.

I dunno... I think I can forgive Lynch for some of his 'less than stellar output' because I appreciate his experimentation. There's nothing worse than an artist (in any medium) who plays it safe, or repeats their glory days over and over until everyone is fed up of hearing the same thing. Maybe Lynch's work doesn't always work but I feel like his love of experimenting and his risk-taking is what makes him a great artist.
Nicely put.
There is something important to be said
Face In The Leaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by Face In The Leaves »

The 30 second clips of the remixes on iTunes sound promising.
Fall_of_Sophia
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fall_of_Sophia »

Anyone else having problems accessing the site. All I get is: Please upgrade your browser. I tried accessing with most up-to-date browser but to no avail. Any ideas?
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Fall_of_Sophia wrote:Anyone else having problems accessing the site. All I get is: Please upgrade your browser. I tried accessing with most up-to-date browser but to no avail. Any ideas?
Yes. It doesn't work on IE8 (!) and lower (maybe on IE9Beta works?), Opera 11 and lower.
Works on Firefox 3.6.15, Chrome 10 and probably on Safari.
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Post by mixomatosis »

It wasn't working on Chrome to begin with, but then it was taken down, and once back up it was working no problem. Maybe they're working their way through the browsers as they encounter problems. If so though, they probably should have done that before making it public...

Music's fab though. Been waiting a long time for Speed Roadster.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Galleries of all Twin Peaks background pictures from davidlynch.com site:

Gallery 1
Gallery 2
Gallery 3
Attachments
21-Audrey.jpg
21-Audrey.jpg (108.32 KiB) Viewed 11655 times
Exy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Exy »

I have to say I really don't like this site...

I hate the Flash heavy, buggy, slow design that doesn't work with any version of IE I've tried and won't work with iPhone/iPad which just a seems an act of commercial sucidide.

To top that the content is pretty poor, so much of it has been out to download from iTunes or Amazon for ages and what is new is either rubbish or just not enough - if they had launched with a whole album worth of TP archive material instead of just 'Deer Meadow Shuffle' I would have happily installed another browser and shelled out 10 bucks, but not likely to bother just pay 99 cents for two versions of the same track...

This is disappointing in the extreme, and to me it's another indication of Lynch's lack of new ideas to invest his time and effort in.
Last edited by Exy on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Exy wrote:I have to say I really don't like this site...

I hate the Flash heavy, buggy, slow design that doesn't work with any version of IE I've tried and won't work with iPhone/iPad which just a seems an act of commercial sucidide.
There is no Flash at this site at all. "Heavy, buggy and slow" is IE.
Exy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Exy »

I beg to differ the entire site is written in Java script with loads and loads of embedded swf (Flash) object files.

I could only get it to work in Safari (for Windows) by installing the Adobe Flash plugin - but that's not my main gripe, my main gripe is with the content.

Regardless of what I may think of Microsoft, or whether I prefer to use Firefox or Safari on my Mac, the bottom line is if my website failed to load and function in IE then I'd be worried about it and fix it asap, as I'm sure would Dugpa.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

The site is fantastic. Brilliant design and zippy fast with great growing content. It truly is a dream come true for Lynch and Badalementi to start giving fans these incredible tracks from the series and FWWM as well as other gems. Two versions of 'Deer Meadow Shuffle' for 99 cents is a bargain.

Bravo.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Exy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Exy »

Great for Lynch and Badalamenti fans who don't use IE and who haven't already downloaded most of the content elsewhere where it's been readily available for ages.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Exy wrote:Great for Lynch and Badalamenti fans who don't use IE and who haven't already downloaded most of the content elsewhere where it's been readily available for ages.
Have patience. They just added 'Just You' (Instrumental) yesterday and there will be more.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I agree wholeheartedly with Jerry on this- have patience. There will surely be more TP tracks added. Just the fact that they've released "Deer Meadow Shuffle" is fantastic. As well as, for the first time to my knowledge, "And Still", plus unreleased Lynch tracks from Inland Empire.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Exy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Exy »

Don't get me wrong, if they put up an album's worth of unreleased TP material I'll buy it, but they really have to resolve the browser issue asap.