Which Songs do you hope will be on the Season 2 Soundtrack?

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Unfortunately, I have been told that Deer Meadow Shuffle will not be on the CD. It was actually not a Badalamenti track but written by Lynch and David Slusser.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Are there still going to be two cd's ?
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

so, Dugpa, no cool jazz songs? someone could ask lynch on his oficial website to release that song. That was the coolest song on the film..
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

From what I have heard, a second CD will be released if the first one does well. I've tried to get a track listing but so far they aren't giving one up. I've only got bits and pieces of what will be on it. The obvious assumptions of what has been released on his MySpace page plus a few confirmations of tracks that didn't make it. As soon as I get a track listing, I'll be posting it.

-B
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

I have spent the last 17 years wishing more music from Twin Peaks would be released on CD. The first track I'd like would be the scene where Ben and Jerry are reminiscing about Louise Dombrowski dancing by flashlight (episode 15) The second would be the mainly acoustic guitar version of the Falling theme played during Nadine's suicide attempt (episode 7) and while Ben Horne watches his home movies (episode 18, also the closing credits of that episode). The third would be a track I have heard that is about 5 minutes and 50 seconds long in which the main 'Falling' theme is reprised on what sounds like bass and electric guitar, though possibly synthesisers. It is warmer, but still very fragile and beautiful. Finally, no true Twin Peaks music collection could be complete without the charming 'Just You and I'.:) I would also love to have full length versions of the original pieces of music (and variations on themes) edited together in the Twin Peaks Montage on the Fire Walk With Me soundtrack. I would pay a princely sum to get pristine versions of these tracks, but the previews already played show how much good music there is to mine from Twin Peaks. A multi-disc box set would be glorious.

Thanks Dugpa, from a new visitor, for running this site and providig up-to-date information when it is possible for you to do so. Reading about this has made my day.
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

dugpa wrote:From what I have heard, a second CD will be released if the first one does well. I've tried to get a track listing but so far they aren't giving one up. I've only got bits and pieces of what will be on it. The obvious assumptions of what has been released on his MySpace page plus a few confirmations of tracks that didn't make it. As soon as I get a track listing, I'll be posting it.

-B
Ouch that's not good news. No offense to Angelo, because I LOVE Twin Peaks music, but I really don't see the CD as a good seller. Although I wonder what they define as "well" because I bet they'll just sell online only so maybe a small amount of sales will be enough to make money off it. It'd be great if he offered the songs digitially. That way he'd cut out a lot of the manufacturing costs.
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

I would really like the guitar version of Falling on there, as I thought it was a beautiful piece. Another one I'd like is the one that usually comes on when Hank is around, like when we very first see him when Norma goes to his parole hearing in season 1. I thought it was just very cool and would like to hear it on the new soundtrack.