Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mb3
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Post by Mb3 »

Even though I'm very happy with the Definitive gold box edition that I own, I'd also be one of the first people who'd spend some more money for a well made Blu-ray version of the series. Hopefully they'll include some new bonus material in a Blu-ray box release.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

I hope, that maybe...maybe CBS/Paramount makes some kind of deal with Warners and includes FWWM and the deleted scenes as extras for the new Blu Ray set, with maybe some new supplemental material about the movie as well. I know it is a long shot, but really, it makes financial sense. Seems that the french company that owns the deleted scenes needs to split the cost with someone...it would make sense if CBS/Paramount split the cost three ways with the MK2. Maybe release FWWM with new material first as part of the set (obviously released by CBS/Paramount) then Warners can release their own stand alone Blu Ray of the movie not long after (maybe with some random extras of their own-Lord knows hardcore fans like us will buy it if they do) To me, this is the super logical solution. Considering what a good job they did with the new Star Trek Blu Rays...I hope for the best.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

CBS was filming the events at the TP20 Art Show last night. So, are we going to finally see the series released on Blu-Ray?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Great news, Jerry! I hope you're right! :wink:
T P 20
RR Diner Member

Post by T P 20 »

FYI-- CBS DVD said they haven't decided anything officially, but they wanted the footage in case they do decide to do something...
chriss

Post by chriss »

:shock:
Attachments
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.png
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.png (9.76 KiB) Viewed 15249 times
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Here's something interesting someone posted yesterday on the Blu-ray.com forums. Anyone know anything about this?
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... stcount=74

Interesting that there is already cover art, although it could be fake. I do love the cover art though.

I'd like to add, that I think a Twin Peaks Blu-ray is only a matter of time at this point. CBS has shown their commitment to tv on Blu-ray with their extensive (and expensive) Star Trek: The Next Generation restoration on Blu. Twin Peaks would cost a tiny fraction of what that cost, as there are already high def masters of the episodes out there, unlike Star Trek: TNG. I can only hope FWWM is included in a future box set, as I doubt Warner Brothers/New Line has much interest in releasing it. Might as well license it to CBS and make this a real complete Twin Peaks collection.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

GeekBoyEric74 wrote:I can only hope FWWM is included in a future box set, as I doubt Warner Brothers/New Line has much interest in releasing it. Might as well license it to CBS and make this a real complete Twin Peaks collection.
YES!!! I feel like this is the best chance of the FWWM deleted scenes ever being seen - if they're loaded onto a joint series/FWWM set.

And the more I think about it, it makes good sense because most of these missing scenes we're eager to see involve characters from the series that don't appear at all in the finished movie called FWWM. So they'd be more interesting and enticing to fans of the series than they're likely to be for somebody who may just be a David Lynch or FWWM fan.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen shot 2013-01-06 at 10.48.34 AM.png
Screen shot 2013-01-06 at 10.48.34 AM.png (22.07 KiB) Viewed 14518 times
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

Fantastic! That's just made my day...
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

I got Twin Peaks 1080bp Hd on Apple TV - It's amazing!! sound and picture excellent!

Just wish the picture ratio could be bigger but stunning watching it!
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, if they have I apologize, but there are 1080p Twin Peaks transfers on Hulu.com that do not seem to be upscaled DVD transfers. TP was added to Hulu last month, in both 480p and 1080p flavors, and it looks great on my HTPC. I can't be positive though; my computer has a very good video card, so the difference I'm seeing may be due to that versus the one in my DVD player. Hopefully another poster with Hulu can clear this up.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Someone on the Bluray.com forums just posted this, where he asked Warner Archives if they plan on releasing Fire Walk With Me on Blu.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... stcount=63

In short, they said there are plans for its release, but they stated not through Warner Archives. This could mean they plan on making it just a regular mass market Blu-ray release, but considering Warner Archives is releasing movies that made a lot more money and are more well know through the Archive program only....I have a hunch that Warners has licensed FWWM to CBS Home Video for a Complete Series Blu-ray. Whatever the case, it looks like it's coming. Let's hope for the deleted scenes finally.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

I don't think commentaries were recorded, except for those that were released on the original Season One box set way back when. Lynch nixed the idea of script notes and commentaries for the Gold Box.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

jmichael wrote:I don't think commentaries were recorded, except for those that were released on the original Season One box set way back when. Lynch nixed the idea of script notes and commentaries for the Gold Box.
Maybe I'm losing my mind? Dugpa, can you confirm or deny that there are unused commentaries recorded?