LAURA'S HOUSE 2011

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Re: LAURA'S HOUSE 2011

Post by bosguy1981 »

Ross wrote: Actually, as much as I love FWWM, the things that bug me about it have always been the cosmetic things that don't match the series. The house, Harold's house, Laura's wig, Norma's short hair, the sunny august weather, etc.
Agreed. Though I'm grateful that the Laura Palmer wig is at least better than the awful wig she wore in Season 2 as Maddy. The scene in episode 13 where she and James sit by the lake is where I think it looks particularly terrible and fake.

Agreed about Norma's short hair in FWWM. I'm sure it'll be even stranger when we do see the deleted scenes and get a closer look. With all the fake hair in the series and the movie, they couldn't spend a few bucks and get some hair extensions for Peggy Lipton? :lol:
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Ross wrote: I've often wondered what the official reason was for the change. I don't think its ever been mentioned though. I just figured it must have been one of convenience (and thus budget). As in, "we're here filming the interiors, why not just film the exteriors". Its always bugged me. Actually, as much as I love FWWM, the things that bug me about it have always been the cosmetic things that don't match the series. The house, Harold's house, Laura's wig, Norma's short hair, the sunny august weather, etc.
It's funny, most of those things bother me too (not to mention Donna herself not matching the series! and isn't Mrs. Tremond's grandson also a different actor?), but the weather was never one of them. While I agree that it absolutely should have been far more wintry, the TV series was so sunny and summery, by virtue of them having shot most of it in Southern California, that I actually think this inadvertently ends up matching up pretty well!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

TheArm wrote:
Ross wrote: I've often wondered what the official reason was for the change. I don't think its ever been mentioned though. I just figured it must have been one of convenience (and thus budget). As in, "we're here filming the interiors, why not just film the exteriors". Its always bugged me. Actually, as much as I love FWWM, the things that bug me about it have always been the cosmetic things that don't match the series. The house, Harold's house, Laura's wig, Norma's short hair, the sunny august weather, etc.
It's funny, most of those things bother me too (not to mention Donna herself not matching the series! and isn't Mrs. Tremond's grandson also a different actor?), but the weather was never one of them. While I agree that it absolutely should have been far more wintry, the TV series was so sunny and summery, by virtue of them having shot most of it in Southern California, that I actually think this inadvertently ends up matching up pretty well!
that's so true! i'm always kind of shocked when i re-watch the series at how friggin' warm hued and sundrenched it is. It's completely gorgeous, but not very PNW. it's funny that when it first aired i didn't notice the change from pilot to series at all. i guess that's all that matters -it feels Twin Peaksy throughout. the FWWM sun did match the bulk of the series (which was tonally much more cutesy/quirky than the pilot.) with that said, i still feel like the movie would have been better served by a more pilot-esque, gloomy palette.
...surprise, surprise;)
Last edited by charles on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

TheArm wrote:
It's funny, most of those things bother me too (not to mention Donna herself not matching the series! and isn't Mrs. Tremond's grandson also a different actor?), but the weather was never one of them.
How did I forget to mention Donna!? And the grandson (played by Lynch's son in the series) was replaced because (I'm guessing?) his son had grown quite a bit in the two(?) years since he filmed his scene. They kept his face obscured for a lot of the movie anyway.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

don't get me started on fake donna. no really. don't. ;)
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

Just seeing these pics now... I'm totally jealous, Charles! Great job!