The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer Book to be reprinted!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jmichael
RR Diner Member

The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer Book to be reprinted!

Post by jmichael »

Mark Frost just tweeted that a new edition of "The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer" will be published this fall and feature a new forward by him and David!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Secret Diary to be reprinted!

Post by Jerry Horne »

Wow!! Yes!!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

bring it, and please fix the date discrepancies!! i could see this being a hit all over again.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Brad D wrote:bring it, and please fix the date discrepancies!! i could see this being a hit all over again.
The show had a few date discrepancies too- the dates Audrey found in Battis' book for one. Were there others?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

What's especially excited is the fact that Mark & David are actually doing something, anything together to do with TP, so I wonder if they're both becoming ever so slightly re-invested in it... Seems like funny timing, I wonder why now, to reprint?
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

TheArm wrote:What's especially excited is the fact that Mark & David are actually doing something, anything together to do with TP, so I wonder if they're both becoming ever so slightly re-invested in it... Seems like funny timing, I wonder why now, to reprint?
To tie in with the upcoming 2 hour Twin Peaks movie on ABC of course.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

TheArm wrote:What's especially excited is the fact that Mark & David are actually doing something, anything together to do with TP, so I wonder if they're both becoming ever so slightly re-invested in it... Seems like funny timing, I wonder why now, to reprint?
Hopefully because the powers-that-be are keeping an eye on forums like this and seeing interest in the 20th Anniversary merchandise, the Beymer photos and the DL.com Twin Peaks music sales. The time is right - with the show back on people's minds thanks to things like the Psych episode and reviews of The Killing often referencing Twin Peaks.

I just hope beyond hope that this resurgence interest in Twin Peaks at the studio level (at least at the marketing level) means we will finally see the FWWM deleted scenes properly released on a 20th Anniversary FWWM disc. Perhaps as part of a HD box set with a 1080i transfer of the series? A man can dream. Just ask Agent Cooper.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Has any work been done to any of the scenes yet? I know Lynch has stated he won't release them in their current state.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Ross wrote:
Brad D wrote:bring it, and please fix the date discrepancies!! i could see this being a hit all over again.
The show had a few date discrepancies too- the dates Audrey found in Battis' book for one. Were there others?
I believe the back gives the dates for Laura's death as being 1990, while the show says 1989. The script for FWWM also indicated it is 1989. So maybe just move the dates back a year. I doubt they would bother doing so though.

I also hope the Diary is packaged with the box set...how cool would that be? To me the Secret Diary was as much a part of the Twin Peaks "experience" as the show and the movie, it would only be fitting. Just throw in the audio files of the Agent Cooper Tapes and we're set! :D
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

yes!
chriss

Post by chriss »

Amazon UK lists this as being released 6th December.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Now up for pre-order at Amazon US including a Kindle edition!
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

I hope Charles de Lauzirika will get to do a "Fire Walk With Me" documentary for this release, similar to the ones on the Gold Box. It would maybe be a chance for some of the TP cast members who didn't participate in the Gold Box to be interviewed (Everett McGill, Peggy Lipton, Wendy Robie, Grace Zabriskie, Mike Anderson, etc.) and it would be great to see interviews with some of the FWWM "originals" like Chris Isaak, Kiefer Sutherland, Pamela Gidley, David Bowie, or Moira Kelly.

Maybe even a new "Slice of Lynch" about FWWM with Sheryl Lee, Ray Wise, and... ? :o
forgiveness

Post by forgiveness »

My mom first bought me the book when I was 11 and had just started to watch the series. The person who sold it to her was a Peaks fan and warned that it was very adult. My mom got it home, read a bit and tossed it in the garbage. I only got to read it years later when I was much older.

I'm not a huge fan of the diary. There are too many inconsistencies with the series/film for me. There are elements I like but not a whole lot.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Mark Frost has just confirmed via Twitter that he is looking into the possibility of getting Sheryl Lee to do an audio book version of the upcoming special edition of 'The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer'.

:D