Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Jerry Horne »

I've suddenly had a new theory this morning! As we have all noticed, some of the recent bundles have been missing a few tracks. The Double RR was missing one (or two depending on how you look at it) and the most recent release was missing two or so of the LPT versions.

I'm now wondering if some of these tracks are being held over for an exclusive CD appearance. If they were to start releasing CD's of the Archive tracks, it sure would increase sales if each one had a track that only appears on that CD. Would this piss people off? Or is it a good idea? Or is this out of the question?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

i just dont have my hopes up for another physical CD release. for better or worse the CD is on life support. they will stick around for awhile for people who absolutely have to have the release in a hard format- but for all the cost it would take to produce, i'm sure its much more economical to just release it online with little to no overhead. i hope i'm wrong though, would love any new releases. it might also depend on how sales have been so far.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Jerry Horne wrote:I've suddenly had a new theory this morning! As we have all noticed, some of the recent bundles have been missing a few tracks. The Double RR was missing one (or two depending on how you look at it) and the most recent release was missing two or so of the LPT versions.

I'm now wondering if some of these tracks are being held over for an exclusive CD appearance. If they were to start releasing CD's of the Archive tracks, it sure would increase sales if each one had a track that only appears on that CD. Would this piss people off? Or is it a good idea? Or is this out of the question?
I also doubt there will be CD releases for a lot of this stuff. A big box set someday? Maybe. But I suspect it's all online stuff.

The omission of certain tracks in bundles may be accidental. Or maybe it's because some parts of the music archive are kind of disorganized -- things not labeled well, etc. If six or seven of the total eight songs have been unearthed and remastered, it probably makes good sense to release the bundle and maybe release the other one or two tracks later on, in an "Odds and Ends" bundle or something. Who knows what kind of schedule they're on, and how many tracks are all ready to go, and scheduled for weeks in advance.

With the four "ethereal" versions of the LP theme being so similar in sound, I wouldn't be surprised if they are deliberately holding the other two for a later LP Theme bundle, perhaps with the solo piano versions.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I agree, a CD box set feels unlikely, but then a couple months ago they just released a big CD box set of X-Files music, and I have to think that TP music would be in higher demand. (And that X-Files set was called "Volume One," with the idea being that more box sets are on the way.) I would never have thought there'd be enough of a demand/market for those, so I guess one never knows...

I would, at the very least, really like remastered versions of the original TP & FWWM soundtracks.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Jerry Horne wrote: I'm now wondering if some of these tracks are being held over for an exclusive CD appearance. If they were to start releasing CD's of the Archive tracks, it sure would increase sales if each one had a track that only appears on that CD. Would this piss people off? Or is it a good idea? Or is this out of the question?
One thing that would be really, really cool... the 1990 TP soundtrack and 1992 FWWM soundtrack (both of which are owned by... who?... Time Warner?) are in need of a remaster and re-release. If they do that, maybe David would be interested in letting them use a few extra tracks (released so far on the Archive) so the 1990 and 1992 albums could be re-released as "expanded" editions. Those usually sell a little better if they've got extras, and it would be an avenue towards getting some of these things on an album.

Personally, I don't care about ever having this stuff in CD format, but I would love, love, love if they remastered and re-released the tracks from twenty years ago.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

TheArm wrote:I agree, a CD box set feels unlikely, but then a couple months ago they just released a big CD box set of X-Files music, and I have to think that TP music would be in higher demand. (And that X-Files set was called "Volume One," with the idea being that more box sets are on the way.) I would never have thought there'd be enough of a demand/market for those, so I guess one never knows...

I would, at the very least, really like remastered versions of the original TP & FWWM soundtracks.
Oooh, I hadn't heard about the X-Files album. I'm intrigued. Thanks for mentioning it!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

bosguy1981 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I've suddenly had a new theory this morning! As we have all noticed, some of the recent bundles have been missing a few tracks. The Double RR was missing one (or two depending on how you look at it) and the most recent release was missing two or so of the LPT versions.

I also doubt there will be CD releases for a lot of this stuff. A big box set someday? Maybe. But I suspect it's all online stuff.

The omission of certain tracks in bundles may be accidental. Or maybe it's because some parts of the music archive are kind of disorganized -- things not labeled well, etc. If six or seven of the total eight songs have been unearthed and remastered, it probably makes good sense to release the bundle and maybe release the other one or two tracks later on, in an "Odds and Ends" bundle or something. Who knows what kind of schedule they're on, and how many tracks are all ready to go, and scheduled for weeks in advance.

With the four "ethereal" versions of the LP theme being so similar in sound, I wouldn't be surprised if they are deliberately holding the other two for a later LP Theme bundle, perhaps with the solo piano versions.
I'm also thinking that the omission of certain tracks from various bundles is probably accidental. Hopefully we will still get them at a later date. So here is a friendly reminder to the good folks at dl.com of the "missing" tracks:

Nostalgia bundle:
Twin Peaks (Solo Harp)
RR Diner bundle:
Main RR Tune
OEJ Music (heard as a RR tune in episode 26)
Great Northern Piano bundle:
Great Northern Piano Tune #2 (Josie And Truman) Extended
Great Northern Piano Tune #4
Diary bundle:
Laura Palmer's Theme (Caroline Version)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Letter From Harold) [Actual]
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Diary bundle:
Laura Palmer's Theme (Letter From Harold) [Actual]
And LPT (xylophone), Harold's theme (harprichord)

But perhaps that's two parts of one LETTER FROM HAROLD track (it may be released this way):
- pan flute opening motif (another Mrs. Tremond)
- xylophone climax (Donna read diary torn pages)
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I know that they hinted about physical releases when the website first started up - does anybody see that on the site now?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Jerry Horne wrote:I know that they hinted about physical releases when the website first started up - does anybody see that on the site now?
I don't, nor do I remember it being hinted at early on - but I may have just forgotten about it in my euphoria of new tracks.

I think the big difference between the recently released X-Files box set (a treatment that Star Trek: TNG also recently got) is that those tracks were never made available before. If DL.com released a TP Archive box set - I'd be apprehensive about buying something I already had and maybe a bit miffed if some of the missing tracks were only available by purchasing the physical box set.

Now, I have no doubt that they would put together an amazing package, but I think they'd think twice about putting it out. I'm reminded of when things like the Eraserhead DVD contained codes that could be redeemed for bonus materials on the website - but only if you were already a member. I think there was a feeling of "why do I have to buy something else to see the deleted scene when I already bought this expensive DVD!"
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

I was wondering if it was possible if someone could post one big master list on this thread of remaining tracks unreleased from TP/FWWM combined. This could be updated (checked off) weekly with each new release to give us an idea of what we have left to look forward to/what we want most/what is remaining, etc. Normally, I would attempt it, but there are way too many experts on here with more intimate knowledge and familiarity with the music. I would greatly appreciate it and I think everyone on here would too.

PS - Ross, Love your artwork, keep it up. I look forward to those each week just like the new music releases. More people are using that site than you even think. I have all of the art on my itunes and they all look incredible.

PSS- Here's to a Ben's Civil War Bundle, all of the dark ambient unreleased FWWM music, and Billy Zane's Theme. :lol:
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

coolspringsj wrote:I was wondering if it was possible if someone could post one big master list on this thread of remaining tracks unreleased from TP/FWWM combined. This could be updated (checked off) weekly with each new release to give us an idea of what we have left to look forward to/what we want most/what is remaining, etc. Normally, I would attempt it, but there are way too many experts on here with more intimate knowledge and familiarity with the music. I would greatly appreciate it and I think everyone on here would too.

PS - Ross, Love your artwork, keep it up. I look forward to those each week just like the new music releases. More people are using that site than you even think. I have all of the art on my itunes and they all look incredible.

PSS- Here's to a Ben's Civil War Bundle, all of the dark ambient unreleased FWWM music, and Billy Zane's Theme. :lol:
Thanks so much!! I'm always glad to hear people are enjoying my site. I've been loving creating the art. I'll be pretty sad when its all over!!

Anyway, once Qbin in done with his alphabetical list (http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1824), it will be a great resource to see what's been released and what's left. Here's what I came up with:

Audrey (Clean)
Audrey (Audrey's Investigation)
Audrey's Dance (Clean)
Audrey's Dance (Fast Clean)
Audrey's Dance (Fast Flute)
Audrey's Dance (Solo Clarinet)
Audrey's Dance (Solo Synth)
Audrey's Dance (Synth & Solo Synth)
Audrey's Prayer (Earle Flute Version)
Ben Comes Marching Home #1
Ben Comes Marching Home #2
Ben Comes Marching Home #3
Ben Comes Marching Home (Percussion Only)
Big Band
Black Lodge Rumble 2
Bookhouse Boys
Bookhouse Boys (Solo Guitar)
Clarinet Freestyle
Clarinet Freestyle (Baritone Clarinet)
Clarinet Solo #1
Clarinet Solo #2
Dance Of The Dream Man (Clean)
Dance Of The Dream Man (Fast Soprano Clarinet)
Dance Of The Dream Man (Solo Bass)
Dance Of The Dream Man (Solo Clarinet)
Dance Of The Dream Man (Solo Flute Reprise)
Dance Of The Dream Man (Solo Sax)
Dark Mood Woods (Clear Version)
Dick Tremeyne Swing
Evelyne's Mourning
Flute Reprise
Freshly Squeezed (Bass Clarinet Solo)
Freshly Squeezed (Clean)
Freshly Squeezed (Fast Bass Solo)
Freshly Squeezed (Fast Flute Solo)
Freshly Squeezed (Fast Soprano Clarinet Solo)
Freshly Squeezed (Fast Soprano Clarinet)
Freshly Squeezed (Flute Solo)
Freshly Squeezed (Flute)
Freshly Squeezed (Percussion Solo)
Freshly Squeezed (Soprano Clarinet Solo Alternate)
Freshly Squeezed (Soprano Clarinet)
Giant's Theme
Giant's Theme (Light)
Great Northern Piano Tune #2 (Josie And Truman) (Extended)
Great Northern Piano Tune #4
Hank's Theme
Harold's Theme (Acoustic/Harpsichord)
Horne's Theme
Invitation To Love Theme
Invitation To Love Theme (Reprise)
Invitation To Love (Chet's Theme)
Jacques Beats
James & Evelyn
John Justice Wheeler's Theme
Johnson's Theme
Just You (Instrumental)
Lana's Theme
Laura Palmer's Theme (Bells/Xylophone/Vibraphone?)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Clarinet Bridge)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Dark Flute)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Dark Synth)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Dark)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Pain Of The Broken Heart Reprise)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Piano Bridge)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Piano Climax)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Piano #1A)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Piano #1B)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Piano #1C)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Piano #2)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Short Bass Clarinet Bridge)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Strings/Bass Guitar Punctuation)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Letter From Harold)
Leo Attacks Bobby
Love Theme (Dark)
Love Theme (Light)
Lydecker Clinic
The Mill Deal, (Half-Speed as Josie & Jonathan)
The Mill Fire
OEJ Parlour Music
Percussion Hi-Hats
Percussion Solo #1
Percussion Solo #2
Percussion Solo #3
Percussion Solo #4
Percussion Solo #5
The Pine Weasel
RR Tune #1 (RR Valley)
Sax Improvisation
Sneaky Audrey (Lite Reprise)
Sneaky Audrey (Synth Solo)
The Swan (Instrumental)
Twin Peaks Theme (Solo Harp)
Wedding Song #1
Wedding Song #2
Wedding Song #3
Windom Earle's Flute

It's not 100%- but this is the majority of what's left (not counting whatever may be in the Archives that were never used).
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Many of the titles presented, most likely, will be joined by several in one track. But there is missing FWWM music also:

IT'S YOUR FATHER!
LAURA AND HAROLD
LELAND'S REMORSE
PHILLIP JEFFRIES'S TRIP
THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK
WASH YOUR HANDS
WAY TO THE TRAIN CAR

But I'm not sure if there are several of these FWWM-tracks hasn't same motif/theme basis.
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

DEniZZrus wrote:Many of the titles presented, most likely, will be joined by several in one track. But there is missing FWWM music also:

IT'S YOUR FATHER!
LAURA AND HAROLD
LELAND'S REMORSE
PHILLIP JEFFRIES'S TRIP
THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK
WASH YOUR HANDS
WAY TO THE TRAIN CAR

But I'm not sure if there are several of these FWWM-tracks hasn't same motif/theme basis.
This would be an AMAZING bundle. Keeping my fingers crossed!!
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Another slow-speed orchestral bundle is going to be fantastic. Think it's coming tonight?

I kinda think we're in for something like... the original Bookhouse Boys music, or an alternate version of a track we already have, like Audrey's Dance or Freshly Squeezed or something.