Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Fred&Ginger
Roadhouse Member

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Fred&Ginger »

I suggest we, the TP fans, institute a DEAN HURLEY DAY (any relation to James??) as a sign of appreciation for all his work and dedication to us! This all would have never happened without him and he needs to know how much we appreciate it!!
"Where are the cookies?"
"You mean Fred & Ginger?"
"Dancing..."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

bosguy1981 wrote:Oh wow. There's even more slow-speed orchestral music left from the series than I figured. So everybody, is this a complete list of the slow-speed orchestral tracks that are left from the series? (Not including what may come from FWWM)....

Danger Theme 2
Johnsons' Theme
Wooden Claps
Senor Droolcup
Without Chemicals
Briggs Remembers
Earle's First Kill

Is that it?
Seems like that's it. Or at least pretty close. There are also a few slow versions of tracks that are also heard at normal speed that contain additional elements in the slow versions. Meaning they are not simply slowed down tracks. "Harold's Theme (Josie's Past)" is one example (which they released). The slow version of "The Mill Deal" also features a unique mixed ending with additional elements in the Josie & Jonathan scene. (The regular speed version hasn't been released yet either).
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Fred&Ginger wrote:I suggest we, the TP fans, institute a DEAN HURLEY DAY (any relation to James??) as a sign of appreciation for all his work and dedication to us! This all would have never happened without him and he needs to know how much we appreciate it!!
Agree 100% DEAN. IS. THE MAN!!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Ross wrote: Seems like that's it. Or at least pretty close. There are also a few slow versions of tracks that are also heard at normal speed that contain additional elements in the slow versions. Meaning they are not simply slowed down tracks. "Harold's Theme (Josie's Past)" is one example (which they released). The slow version of "The Mill Deal" also features a unique mixed ending with additional elements in the Josie & Jonathan scene. (The regular speed version hasn't been released yet either).
Thanks for the info, Ross! I had been wondering if "Josie's Past" was a slowed-down version of "The Living Novel" or an entirely separate (slow speed) take on Harold's Theme, but hadn't carefully compared them yet.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:Is there also a Danger Theme #2 with a different ending than what was on the released version? What's the story behind that again?
Let's hope it is. I love that missing ending.
bosguy1981 wrote:By the way, I noticed a track called "Without Chemicals" in the guides. Is that a slow-speed track or something else? I can't think of what music that refers to.
Yes, it's half-speed orchestra. It's the first track in episode 11, so you can easily find what is it.

I hope it will be in slow-down Bundle #2!
How about the track that plays when they watch the tape of Earle talking about the Dugpas? I see on Q's lists he has this as "Dugpas", so I assume this is a different track?
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:Is there also a Danger Theme #2 with a different ending than what was on the released version? What's the story behind that again?
Let's hope it is. I love that missing ending.
bosguy1981 wrote:By the way, I noticed a track called "Without Chemicals" in the guides. Is that a slow-speed track or something else? I can't think of what music that refers to.
Yes, it's half-speed orchestra. It's the first track in episode 11, so you can easily find what is it.

I hope it will be in slow-down Bundle #2!
How about the track that plays when they watch the tape of Earle talking about the Dugpas? I see on Q's lists he has this as "Dugpas", so I assume this is a different track?
Sounds like another slow-speed track. So maybe there will be Slow-speed Bundle #2 and #3? ;-)

And BTW, I wish they'll release at the very end slow-speed tracks in they normal speed - some of them sounds amazing in it's original form (Without Chemicals, sound similar to "Mulholland Drive Theme"!).
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

qbin2001 wrote: Sounds like another slow-speed track. So maybe there will be Slow-speed Bundle #2 and #3? ;-)

And BTW, I wish they'll release at the very end slow-speed tracks in they normal speed - some of them sounds amazing in it's original form (Without Chemicals, sound similar to "Mulholland Drive Theme"!).
If they're releasing everything, it sounds like there will need to be a bundle #2 and #3, right? Sounds like there are seven or eight more pieces from the series, and at least two (maybe five or six?) from FWWM. Exciting!!

I rewatched the beginning and ending of episode 20 last night so I could remind myself how the unreleased Briggs and Windam slow-speed tracks sound. I have to say, all these slow-speed pieces are definitely among my favorites from Twin Peaks.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

qbin2001 wrote: And BTW, I wish they'll release at the very end slow-speed tracks in they normal speed - some of them sounds amazing in it's original form (Without Chemicals, sound similar to "Mulholland Drive Theme"!).
By the way, Q, not sure if you've ever chimed in on this... do you have any sense as to how many different slow-speed tracks were used in FWWM? I know they're really low in the mix in the movie, but you seem to be somewhat of an audiophile. :wink:

Just curious what you think.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Keep up the great work, Dean! :P

I'll buy tracks 'til there are no more to buy :lol:

Thanks for keeping the Twin Peaks musical flame burning long after we thought the torch went out when it comes to the beloved unreleased material :D
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

bosguy1981 wrote:
qbin2001 wrote: And BTW, I wish they'll release at the very end slow-speed tracks in they normal speed - some of them sounds amazing in it's original form (Without Chemicals, sound similar to "Mulholland Drive Theme"!).
By the way, Q, not sure if you've ever chimed in on this... do you have any sense as to how many different slow-speed tracks were used in FWWM? I know they're really low in the mix in the movie, but you seem to be somewhat of an audiophile. :wink:

Just curious what you think.
I have no idea. I didn't listened FWWM music yet. But I think 3 or 4 from the fragments I heard (without counting series music). But it may be more - who knows what's real track there, and what's slow-speed track? ;-)

BTW I updated S2 and Alphabetical lists (to episode 22).

Do you know that they used (so far) 16 (!!!) versions of Freshly Squeezed, and released only 3 of them? And the OST version of the original track was faded-out, so full version of the original track is still unreleased (so it give us 17 versions). And add to it "Dance of the Dream Man" and "Audrey's Dance" versions (it's also some kind of "Freshly Sqeezed" versions...) Can't wait for all this stuff (bundles perhaps?).
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

qbin2001 wrote:
Do you know that they used (so far) 16 (!!!) versions of Freshly Squeezed, and released only 3 of them? And the OST version of the original track was faded-out, so full version of the original track is still unreleased (so it give us 17 versions). And add to it "Dance of the Dream Man" and "Audrey's Dance" versions (it's also some kind of "Freshly Sqeezed" versions...) Can't wait for all this stuff (bundles perhaps?).
Holy cow!! And I bet there are lots of others that just didn't get used. That's a jackpot bundle waiting to happen!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:But I think 3 or 4 from the fragments I heard (without counting series music). But it may be more - who knows what's real track there, and what's slow-speed track? ;-)

BTW I updated S2 and Alphabetical lists (to episode 22).
I'll be curious to see what else gets released from FWWM. Its very hard for me to actually hear/tell what's left, which parts are the same, what is sound effects, and of course if any of it is slow-speed or normal speed.

And thanks Q, for the continued work on the lists! Great as always.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm hoping for a nice BIG bundle tonight!!

Maybe the remaining 'Freshly Squeezed' tracks or 'Ben's Gone Marching Home'?

I'd also love some more 'Laura Palmer's Theme' tracks or the remaining 'Audrey's Dance' tunes...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Jerry Horne wrote:I'm hoping for a nice BIG bundle tonight!!

I'd also love some more 'Laura Palmer's Theme' tracks or the remaining 'Audrey's Dance' tunes...
I'd be happy with any of these! :D

On another note, whilst waiting this week I have been listening to a lot of the tracks from the archive, and when Laura Palmer's Theme (Ghost Version) came on, it made me realise how incredible it would sound if a choir did a version of LP's theme. Or even in a sacred harp style. That would be one of the most haunting things I would ever hear!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

hopesfall wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I'm hoping for a nice BIG bundle tonight!!

I'd be happy with any of these! :D

On another note, whilst waiting this week I have been listening to a lot of the tracks from the archive, and when Laura Palmer's Theme (Ghost Version) came on, it made me realise how incredible it would sound if a choir did a version of LP's theme. Or even in a sacred harp style. That would be one of the most haunting things I would ever hear!
Odd you should mention that because recently I was thinking how amazing it would be if Badalementi put on a live concert of only TP material with himself on keyboards and with a full orchestra behind him. Surely this has to happen at least once?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM