Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by DEniZZrus »

I hope they use something other than the "Droolcup" title. Maybe "Room Service"?
Why? Pretty nice title! :roll:

And there are left only three themes released as part of a montage track but unreleased as full:

JAMES AND EVELYN (1:55) from I'M HURT BAD
PACKARDS' VIBRATION (2:11) from the same name track - but really I guess it's full version just added with vibraphone solo intro
THE RED ROOM (5:42) from DARK MOOD WOODS / THE RED ROOM
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:there are left only three themes released as part of a montage track but unreleased as full:

PACKARDS' VIBRATION (2:11) from the same name track - but really I guess it's full version just added with vibraphone solo intro
The version of James & Evelyn from the soundtrack is actually an alternate version with added bass that wasn't used in the series.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

DEniZZrus wrote:
I hope they use something other than the "Droolcup" title. Maybe "Room Service"?

And there are left only three themes released as part of a montage track but unreleased as full:

Don't forget the piano version of LPT from the Twin Peaks Montage on FWWM.
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

I didn't forget. But these piano versions (from FWWM montage track as well as TPSTMM intro track) weren't used in the series/movie, they are special.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

DEniZZrus wrote:
No offense intended to whoever named it "Senor Droolcup." :wink:

It's just such an ominous, creepy track and that name just makes me think of Albert's crass nickname for the Waiter, so it doesn't match up in my mind.

But obviously, I don't care what it's called, I just want it!!! :D
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Well, I also call it MYSTERY VISITOR'S THEME #1 :wink:
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

DEniZZrus wrote:Well, I also call it MYSTERY VISITOR'S THEME #1 :wink:
I don't remember who first called it that way (I started temporary used that name on the list when DL.com used "Black Lodge Rumble" as a name to different track).

So what name it should be:

- Senior Droolcup
- Room Service
- Mystery Visitor's Theme
- Black Lodge Rumble 2... ?

Please vote! (Or give another proposal).

And BTW I suspect that "Senior Droolcup" and "Wooden Claps" are different parts of one track.

And yes: "Major's Vision" and "Dugpas" are one tracks (will be recalled to "Dugpas").
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

DEniZZrus wrote:PACKARDS' VIBRATION (2:11) from the same name track - but really I guess it's full version just added with vibraphone solo intro
The bass guitar at the end was much longer in the series (solo bass guitar without chords) - in the CD version it is faded out (and you still can hear chords over the bass solo).
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

I don't remember who first called it that way
To the best of my memory, it was my modest idea... :oops: when I just browsed the cast list...
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:PACKARDS' VIBRATION (2:11) from the same name track - but really I guess it's full version just added with vibraphone solo intro
The bass guitar at the end was much longer in the series (solo bass guitar without chords) - in the CD version it is faded out (and you still can hear chords over the bass solo).
You can hear the longer version at the end of episode 18. Not sure if its an alternate version or just that the soundtrack version was edited(?)
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:The bass guitar at the end was much longer in the series (solo bass guitar without chords) - in the CD version it is faded out (and you still can hear chords over the bass solo).
You can hear the longer version at the end of episode 18. Not sure if its an alternate version or just that the soundtrack version was edited(?)

I think it was edited (not sure why - the end sounds so much better in episode 18).
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

I believe the release will be tomorrow... I really hope! I don't wanna wait until Friday... :cry:
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

It would be great to see the releases back on a Monday night (Tuesday morning UK) schedule - something cool to help ease the back to work blues.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

For my own music library, I have renamed some of the tracks for a cleaner look.
Some examples-
Bookhouse Boys has been changed to Bobby Briggs Theme. I love Bobby and he owns that theme, playing with the zipper on his leather jacket.

Really overhauled the slow/half speed names (some of my favorite tunes) to things like simply 24 Hours, The Woods, Ceiling Fan Above Stairs, etc.

Could somebody (an audio expert) break down what parts of some of the slow/half speed songs are audio glitches and don't belong? Also ditto for Jimmy Scott vocals on Sycamore instrumental and Nightsea Wind or any others with noticeable glitches. Is there a way to make these cleaner?

Made me feel good if you look how many times Owl Cave is used on Ross's music guide thread. :lol:

There are a ton of incredible tracks waiting for release - Hank, Wheeler, Johnson (secondary character theme bundle anyone), Civil War, Leo Attacks Shelly, Black Lodge/Giant Theme/leftover dark stuff from series, and of course the FWWM unreleased. I don't get as excited about the various versions of stuff already released, but I will still buy them.

I would prefer an earlier in the week release schedule too so there would be something to look forward to in the beginning of the week.

Most exciting things going on in Peaksland right now are these music releases and hopefully the TP/FWWM w/ Deleted Scenes Bluray boxset next year. Can't wait for all of it :D
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

coolspringsj please enable private messages in your profile :-)