Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by DEniZZrus »

Dean, pleaaaase, give us SLOW SPEED ORCHESTRA BUNDLE #2 before so long break! I guess it's really most wanted bundle today for all of us here! :roll:
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

A bundle of all remaining Laura/Love Themes is my #1, #2 and #3 pick!
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Maybe with the long layoff the disappointment will turn to elation as the Steroid Bundle is released tonight - 20 plus tracks including Slow Speed tracks, Laura Palmer tracks, Civil War, and Secondary character theme tracks :D :) :o :shock: 8) :lol: :P :twisted: :wink: :mrgreen:
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

SLOW SPEED ORCHESTRA BUNDLE #2 (FWWM + Series) would be my first pick. LP's Theme Bundle would be my second.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

Everyone seems to want Slow Speed Bundle 2. If this was the release, what all tracks would you expect to be in it? Would it include both series and FWWM? Just want to get a specific idea of what the contents (track listing) of this bundle is.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

coolspringsj wrote:Everyone seems to want Slow Speed Bundle 2. If this was the release, what all tracks would you expect to be in it? Would it include both series and FWWM? Just want to get a specific idea of what the contents (track listing) of this bundle is.
I think the remaining slow-speed orchestra tracks for the series are:
Johnsons' Theme
Senor Droolcup
Wooden Claps/Percussion
Without Chemicals
Dugpas
Windom Earle's First Kill

From FWWM, there are slow-speed orchestra tracks but no telling how many different ones are used.
Kusi81

Post by Kusi81 »

I've a question concerning the Laura Palmer's Theme (Ethereal Pad Version) - In one of the Episodes, think one of the later ones there's again an unreleased version played by chimes? Could that be? Maybe I don't hear that right :)
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Kusi81 wrote:I've a question concerning the Laura Palmer's Theme (Ethereal Pad Version) - In one of the Episodes, think one of the later ones there's again an unreleased version played by chimes? Could that be? Maybe I don't hear that right :)
Yeah, during the scene when Donna is reading Laura's diary page to Cooper in Episode 16? I think there's a version played on chimes or bells or xylophone or something used there.

I think there's still two more variations on the Laura Palmer's Theme not yet released that are similar to the Ethereal Pad Version. The one that plays during the "Caroline" vision scene is a little different than the released version, I think. And then there's the real Letter From Harold version.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Kusi81 wrote:I've a question concerning the Laura Palmer's Theme (Ethereal Pad Version) - In one of the Episodes, think one of the later ones there's again an unreleased version played by chimes? Could that be? Maybe I don't hear that right :)
These two versions are still unreleased:

Laura Palmer's Theme ([actual] Letter From Harold)
Episode 16: Donna & Cooper meet the younger Mrs. Tremond
This scene is a mix of three tracks:
Letter From Harold (unreleased)
Dance Of The Dream Man (Solo Sax)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Xylophone)) (unreleased)

Laura Palmer's Theme (Caroline Version)
Episode 21: Cooper tells Truman about Caroline's death, an image of Caroline appears over Cooper
Episode 28: Leo looks at the Queen-Shelly card
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Kusi81

Post by Kusi81 »

thank you for clearing up :D Hope get get another theme bundle along with Packard Vibrations Extended
kyuzo
Roadhouse Member

Post by kyuzo »

Philip Jeffries theme (i like to call it "inside a dream") seems to have a lot in common with "Theme from Twin Peaks - Fire Walk with Me" but with significant alterations. This track, Senor Droolcup, Without chemicals, any other versions of the red room, and the other slow speed tracks are the ones I would most prefer.
The black dog runs at night.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

Leo Attacks Shelly

Am I thinking of the correct track in that it occurs in episode 21 between about minute 6 and 10 of the episode? Just popped in the DVD and watched it. Awesome blossom.

I checked qbin's season 2 thread and it has the music referred to as Leo's Rebirth, Scary No 1a,
Shelly's Runaway, and Plastic on the Wind.

Is this Leo Attacks Shelly? Just wanted to make sure I wasn't talking about the wrong track all this time because Leo does attack poor Shelly a lot :lol:

If I was correct all along, this track is incredible. It is so somber and intense for about 3 and a half minutes and then has this beautiful final 30 seconds that gets me every time when Bobby and Shelly hold each other and stare at the Plastic on the Wind. Would make a BEAUTIFUL almost 4 minute track release.

If this is not Leo Attacks Shelly, I am a moron and someone please let me know what the names of all tracks mentioned in this post go by properly.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

coolspringsj wrote:Leo Attacks Shelly

Am I thinking of the correct track in that it occurs in episode 21 between about minute 6 and 10 of the episode? Just popped in the DVD and watched it. Awesome blossom.

I checked qbin's season 2 thread and it has the music referred to as Leo's Rebirth, Scary No 1a,
Shelly's Runaway, and Plastic on the Wind.

Is this Leo Attacks Shelly? Just wanted to make sure I wasn't talking about the wrong track all this time because Leo does attack poor Shelly a lot :lol:

If I was correct all along, this track is incredible. It is so somber and intense for about 3 and a half minutes and then has this beautiful final 30 seconds that gets me every time when Bobby and Shelly hold each other and stare at the Plastic on the Wind. Would make a BEAUTIFUL almost 4 minute track release.

If this is not Leo Attacks Shelly, I am a moron and someone please let me know what the names of all tracks mentioned in this post go by properly.
Well- there are no official names for unreleased tracks- just ones that members of this board have come up with. Many of those names have actually then been used by the Archive though (24 Hours, Owl Cave, etc). The section you mention in episode 21 is most likely a combination of three tracks (as Q listed as Leo's Rebirth, Shelly's Runaway, and Plastic On The Wind). I would think its most likely that they will be released as separate tracks, but you never know. (As a side note, there is a short track listed by Q that he called "Leo Attacks Bobby" that appears in episode 8.)
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

10 track bundle!!!!

Earle's Theme 1:13
Half Speed 5 (Leo's Theme) 3:00
Hank's Theme 1:01
Hank's Theme 2 :31
Invitation To Love (Lovers Dilemma) 2:09
Invitation To Love (Bumper) :08
Invitation To Love Theme :51
Lana's Theme :57
Plotting Theme / Josie's Web 1:41
Wheeler's Theme 1:52
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-10-04 at 11.34.35 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-10-04 at 11.34.35 PM.png (145.74 KiB) Viewed 8164 times
Last edited by Jerry Horne on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Awesome! So glad to finally have JJW's Theme.

I was thinking "Plotting Theme/Josie's Web" was going to be "The Mill Deal" or the slowed down version of it, but it is actually what we had called "Horne's Theme" from the following (and having nothing to do with Josie):
Episode 02: Ben & Jerry at OEJs, girls line up and Blackie enters
Episode 04: Coop & Gang break into Jacques' apartment
Episode 20: Nadine beats up Hank

Earle's Theme is Earle's Flute