Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by coolspringsj »

[quote

PS - I'm surprised that "Tremayne Swing" didn't make it into this bundle! Looking forward to that one in the future. :)[/quote]

Thought the exact same thing. Thematically it fits with this bundle, but at the same time it doesn't upset me either. Are there any other secondary character theme tracks left besides this one?

Almost forgot - that is both hilarious and awesome about the name switch to Horne's Theme :D
Last edited by coolspringsj on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:It's been changed in the description box as well!

It's official! Change your title!
WOW!!!!!!! They obviously listen to us!! Awesome. Thanks again Dean!!! YOU are the MAN!

The Archive is such a dream come true!
Agree with this of course!!

You know, it must be a hell of a project to sort through all of those tapes and figure out what is what and come up with titles and so on and so forth. I consider myself a huge fan of the music and I can only imagine what a daunting task it would be to get everything right.

Dean - you're doing an amazing job!

Thank you.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

This bundle if fantastic. I'm really happy that "Invitation to Love (Lover's Dilemma)" made into that bundle! Great that they updated the title - it was little confusing. Thank you Dean for all the hard work!!! :D

I'm finishing updating lists (and changing some names to match Ross list), but still don't have a good name for "Senior Droolcup" - I don't know what it should be - help please!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:It's been changed in the description box as well!

It's official! Change your title!
WOW!!!!!!! They obviously listen to us!! Awesome. Thanks again Dean!!! YOU are the MAN!

The Archive is such a dream come true!
Agree with this of course!!

You know, it must be a hell of a project to sort through all of those tapes and figure out what is what and come up with titles and so on and so forth. I consider myself a huge fan of the music and I can only imagine what a daunting task it would be to get everything right.

Dean - you're doing an amazing job!

Thank you.
Yes- can you imagine having a collection of tapes, most things without titles, or old titles... Very daunting.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

Elderly Waiter?

Thanks Dean for all you do.

I wish Jerry Horne or dugpa could score an in-depth interview with Dean while this release process is going on so we could get behind the scenes info about the process, what to expect from here on out, etc. Would be incredible.

Make it happen :D
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

qbin2001 wrote:This bundle if fantastic. I'm really happy that "Invitation to Love (Lover's Dilemma)" made into that bundle! Great that they updated the title - it was little confusing. Thank you Dean for all the hard work!!! :D

I'm finishing updating lists (and changing some names to match Ross list), but still don't have a good name for "Senior Droolcup" - I don't know what it should be - help please!
If you do go with "Senior Droolcup," I think it's supposed to be "Senor," as in Mister in Spanish.

Someone just wondered if it's the same song as "Without Chemicals." If so, I love the "Without Chemicals" title.

If someone different, what about "Room Service" or "The Waiter" or something like that?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

coolspringsj wrote:[quote

PS - I'm surprised that "Tremayne Swing" didn't make it into this bundle! Looking forward to that one in the future. :)
Thought the exact same thing. Thematically it fits with this bundle, but at the same time it doesn't upset me either. Are there any other secondary character theme tracks left besides this one?[/quote]

Besides "Dick Tremayne's Swing" the only other one (I think) would be "James & Evelyn"
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

coolspringsj wrote:I wish dugpa could score an in-depth interview with Dean...
I do too!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Yes, there are more they could have included here, however, doing more than 10 tracks might be more confusing than anything. Besides, that is not a bundle - that's a whole album!

They will be released eventually!
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Ross wrote: Besides "Dick Tremayne's Swing" the only other one (I think) would be "James & Evelyn"
I hope there's a James Hurley bundle at some point where they could have both versions of "James & Evelyn," those dark alternate versions of LP Theme, and "Evelyn's Mourning."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

bosguy1981 wrote:
Ross wrote: Besides "Dick Tremayne's Swing" the only other one (I think) would be "James & Evelyn"
I hope there's a James Hurley bundle at some point where they could have both versions of "James & Evelyn," those dark alternate versions of LP Theme, and "Evelyn's Mourning."
Brilliant!!

What track was playing when Evelyn shoots Malcom?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

bosguy1981 wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:This bundle if fantastic. I'm really happy that "Invitation to Love (Lover's Dilemma)" made into that bundle! Great that they updated the title - it was little confusing. Thank you Dean for all the hard work!!! :D

If you do go with "Senior Droolcup," I think it's supposed to be "Senor," as in Mister in Spanish.

Someone just wondered if it's the same song as "Without Chemicals." If so, I love the "Without Chemicals" title.

If someone different, what about "Room Service" or "The Waiter" or something like that?
Its used all over the place though- not just in connection to the Waiter/Coop shot scene. That's why I liked the Black Lodge Rumble 2 title. Seems similar in structure and sound to the other track anyway. "Room Service" isn't bad though.
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Are there any other secondary character theme tracks left besides this one?
Clarinets freestyle theme that I called JEAN RENAULT'S THEME
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

I laugh every time now at the mention of Malcolm.

I was listening to the Twin Peaks Podcast and the guy that's never seen Peaks before was calling Malcolm - Exposition Guy. Basically saying his character literally had no dimensions or depth other than to deliver exposition to push the James/Evelyn storyline along :lol:
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Its used all over the place though- not just in connection to the Waiter/Coop shot scene. That's why I liked the Black Lodge Rumble 2 title. Seems similar in structure and sound to the other track anyway. "Room Service" isn't bad though.
The Giand and the Waiter are "one and the same". So I prefer MYSTERY VISITOR #1 and MYSTERY VISITOR #2.
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!