"Do your palms ever itch?" All things Audrey

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

blair
Roadhouse Member

Re: "Do your palms ever itch?" All things Audrey

Post by blair »

Fire wrote:
blair wrote: Now, maybe I'm not too sensitive about the end of their romance because I understand Kyle M. point of view, and also because I'm really a big fan of the second season (unlike lot of fans, I find that as good than the first season), and I really like Annie and Justice Wheeler, so for me it's not a big problem. :wink:
This is the weirdest post I have read on these forums friend
Could you explain why ?
Fire
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fire »

I never really thought I'd see "I really like" and "Annie and Justice Wheeler" used in the same sentence on a Twin Peaks forum.

Unless it was "I really like the idea of Annie and Justice Wheeler never happening."
Colonel Cooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Colonel Cooper »

I really like the idea of Annie and JJW exiting the RR and stepping in front of a fully laden 18-wheeler lumber truck *double splat*

But then I am cold-hearted bastard. :x
Just Agent, Audrey. Special Agent.
blair
Roadhouse Member

Post by blair »

Fire wrote:I never really thought I'd see "I really like" and "Annie and Justice Wheeler" used in the same sentence on a Twin Peaks forum.

Unless it was "I really like the idea of Annie and Justice Wheeler never happening."
Well, you seem to don't have seen lot of Twin peaks discussions :wink: , just in the Dugpa forum, you can find discussion about the second season and peoples who like both Annie and Justice Wheeler (Ross, the Magician for example)...in general, like every forums, you see more complain that everything else, the fans for example of the second season are lot less vocal than peoples who hates the second season...(I really don't understand how to hate the second season and supposed to be a twin peaks fans...the second is the 2/3 of the TV show and have the main plot :roll: ).
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

blair wrote:
Fire wrote:I never really thought I'd see "I really like" and "Annie and Justice Wheeler" used in the same sentence on a Twin Peaks forum.

I really like them too :D I even like Evelyne Marsh plot, and directed by Diane Keaton episode (I've seen lots of complaining about that episode) is one of my favorite! :twisted:
Colonel Cooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Colonel Cooper »

blair wrote:I really don't understand how to hate the second season and supposed to be a twin peaks fans...the second is the 2/3 of the TV show and have the main plot :roll: ).
Well, I guess you just have to recognize what this particular thread is primarily concerned with - namely the character of Audrey Horne, how her character evolved to become, argubly, the most popular female character on the show, and the story-arc in which Cooper and Audrey gradually became inextricably linked throughout the first 1 1/2 seasons - only to be unceremoniously dumped, for reasons known and unknown.

I'm not a hater of the 2nd season as a whole, just the second half of it, the lack of Cooper/Audrey arc being the main reason why I rarely watch the final 10 episodes anymore. That doesn't mean I hate Twin Peaks - the first season and a half remains some of the most astonishing television I've ever seen - but ultimately the second season leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not the only one, accept it - on this thread, at least.
Just Agent, Audrey. Special Agent.
blair
Roadhouse Member

Post by blair »

qbin2001 wrote:
blair wrote:

I really like them too :D I even like Evelyne Marsh plot, and directed by Diane Keaton episode (I've seen lots of complaining about that episode) is one of my favorite! :twisted:
I like Evelyne Marsh plot too !!!! :D glad to see that you like Annie and John Justice Wheeler too !!! :wink:
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I find the entire wheeler character/arc among the doldrums of the marshes and little Nicky. Such a corny, wooden, and useless character.
Fire
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fire »

The second half of season two is just plain bland television.

Pilot/Season 1 is pure catharsis.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Although not my favorites, I don't really hate the Evelyn, Wheeler, or Annie stuff.

The Lucy-Andy-Dick stuff though... oh man. That's the stuff I can barely sit through when I'm watching the second season. I'd love to see a fan edit of season 2 that completely eliminates the entire pregnancy story, the love triangle, Little Nicky, etc.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Aww cut deputy Andy? Never!
Fire
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fire »

Andy is great. Even Lucy is great.

Nicky and Dick are dreadful.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

No, no, I love Andy and Lucy. I can't stand their season two storyline.
blair
Roadhouse Member

Post by blair »

edit.
Last edited by blair on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
blair
Roadhouse Member

Post by blair »

Brad D wrote:I find the entire wheeler character/arc among the doldrums of the marshes and little Nicky. Such a corny, wooden, and useless character.
Wheeler is not useless, he have been useful for to take the virginity of Audrey Hornes... :twisted: