Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Twin Peaks season 2 and FWWM/more music from Twin Peaks cd's

Post by Jerry Horne »

When are these coming out?
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Angelo made an announcement on his MySpace page that the Season 2 soundtrack would be coming out at the same time as the DVD set, so expect it in the early spring.

The "More Music from Twin Peaks" cd has not had a release date announced, but fans have speculated it might come out around the same time as Inland Empire hits dvd...or perhaps at the same time as "The Complete Mystery" dvd box set comes out - if that rumor turns out to be true.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Thanks jm79. I just hope we don't have to wait for the Complete Mystery box set to get the music. Although, if they do an isolated music track on the complete box set... That might make things interesting...!
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Is there a list of contents on the cd's anywhere yet?
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Nope.

The only track known for sure is "Shelley Quits" - which you can listen to on Angelo's MySpace page.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

One more is "Love Theme" which was up on Angelo's site for a while before he took it down and posted "Shelly Quits". It was basically a piano only verson of the Love Theme.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Still no sign of this release???
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Well, Mr. Dugpa, since you're on speaking terms with Angelo, what does he have to say about this music?
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Sad to say, Angelo hasn't gotten back to me. I was trying to get him for an interview to promote the CD but no word in weeks. I fear that there may be some sort of delay as if the CD were to street in the same month that Season 2 DVD was coming out, unless they are planning on distributing it themselves, there would have been a press release.

I'll post something as soon as I hear either way.

-B
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

That new track from Angelo= Bliss. Looking forward to the CD release. Thanks Sammy Richter and Dugpa for bringing that to my notice.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
gigi

Post by gigi »

thanks dugpa. please update this thread once the sound track is released!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Any new word on the CD? Been looking forward to this for so long. Hope we don't have to now wait until the Entire Series DVD release in October.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Absurda says July, but I think it may be delayed again. It could very well be delayed until October. Will post if I hear anything.

-B
bmiller
Roadhouse Member

Post by bmiller »

Absurda says July, but I think it may be delayed again. It could very well be delayed until October. Will post if I hear anything.
Warning: Most of what follows is exasperated comic relief. If Mr. B finds any kernels of truth in the following rant, feel free to comment.

How irritating! Delay, delay, delay. Isn't October the rumored release date of the complete Bundled non-Gold non-Definitive Twin Peaks set? Ah yes, I feel the heavy hand of Paramount lurking over this decision as well, even though they have no direct input into the creation of this Second Season Music CD. Good old, Absurda...they're probably struggling with the production of the Inland Empire DVD...they just can't get enough compression artifacts to appear during all those dark scenes in I.E. (':roll:') They're probably consulting with the producers of Paramount's DVD production team:

Absurda: "We love the work you did on Episode 29 of the Second
Season. How can we get more artifacting in I.E.?"

Paramount: "Put the movie on a single layer DVD."

Absurda: "Brilliant!!!"

I'm really surprised Angelo would put a statement out on his Myspace page to the effect that whenever the Second Season DVD streets you can expect the Music CD to street as well, and then over 3 months after the Season II DVD streets he still has no statement as to why the Season II Music CD isn't available.
Am I right in thinking there's no problem with a third party "rights" issue since this music is all either Angelo's or David Lynch's?