Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Ross »

coolspringsj wrote:After listening to the unreleased tracks in the series as of now, Audrey's Prayer (Earle Flute version) is one of the remaining favorites. Strikingly beautiful while also bringing to completion more of the W. Earle storyline tracks. Earle's Theme 2 (Audrey's Walk) is solid and necessary, but not as strong as AP (Earle Flute). These 2 definitely need to be released.
Absolutely!! Can't wait to get these. (And I wonder if there are any unheard versions of "Audrey's Prayer"?)
coolspringsj wrote:James & Evelyn is actually a really strong noir track, something good that actually came out of the most criticized storyline in TP. A full version of the STMM track is vital.
My number one hope right now. I love this track. Like I said before, this track and "Night Bells" really helped the Evelyn story.
coolspringsj wrote:The REAL One Eyed Jacks Parlour Music makes me thing of Big Ed's dead squirrel wig and magnificent mustache. It is played quite a bit and is associated solely with the "frontroom" scenes at OEJ. Is this track ever played in the RR? Are we missing any other RR tracks?
In addition to OEJs, this was played at Wallies' (ep 21) and in the RR (ep 26). That's it for RR tracks, but there are ones recorded and never used.
coolspringsj wrote:Also surprised the Stairs Music/Danger Theme didn't come with the ending of the track. Will we see another release of a longer version of this theme or this one released all that exists?
Still hoping for the full version.
coolspringsj wrote:And last but definitely not least, I can't believe White Lodge Rumble was played about 35 times. If this is so prevalent, this needs to be first priority to get released. Since the Senor Droolcup scene is so long, I bet this track is long. I have always thought of Giants Theme and Wooden Claps as being a part of White Lodge Rumble. Since it's played so many times, has anyone noticed if there is more than one version or is it one and the same (pun intended)? This track has a darker tone (almost sounding like something that would come from the Black Lodge), however with the Giants Theme aspect and the wooden claps it makes it more mysterious and a part of the unknown as opposed to sinister and evil as the White Lodge inhabitants are trying to help Cooper solve the case/oppose BOB.
This seems to be the most requested by most. Really hope its in the Archives!! (I don't think "Giant's Theme" is actually part of the track- but overlayed on it, and might not be much more than a sound effect.)

An "Audrey's Dance" bundle is also essential. And hopefully the often used (14 times) "Clean" or "Drums & Bass" version of "Freshly Squeezed" is still in the Archive.

Lastly, a head's up for those interested, new covers for Abstract Mood/Night bells up at my site. The Donna cover turned out particularly cool:
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... bells.html
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

I like the AM (Slow) cover, Ross! Briggs wandering in the road and of course the main man Hawk finds him.

I don't know why I started thinking about this, and I know it's been discussed before, but I was thinking about what my favorite and least favorite tracks are on TOS, FWWM, STMM, and TPA. Both when they were initially released and today. And of course when I say least favorite doesn't mean I hate it, just not as fond of in comparison to all of the other marvelous tracks in the TP world.

TP Orig Sndtrk
Favorite - Laura Palmer
Least Favorite - Freshly Squeezed

FWWM
Favorite - Montage - Girl Talk/Birds in Hell/Laura Palmer/Falling *(it's obsolete now, but they just merge so fluidly it's uncanny)
Least Favorite - Black Dog Runs at Night

STMM
Favorite- Dark Mood Woods/Red Room (remember being disapponted at the time of release that this was a merged track with other elements thrown in, I wanted Dark Mood Woods (Standalone) and Owl Cave more than anything so I was glad I got some form of DMW, but I was crushed Owl Cave was a no show especially since it was very prevalent in Season 2/ Audrey's Prayer and Shelly would be close runnerups)
Least Favorite - Cop Beat

TPA
Favorite - Owl Cave
Least Favorite - Invitation to Love (Break) :lol:

Plus its funny how some views of certain tracks have changed over the years. For example, I used to dislike Night Life in Twin Peaks when it first came out. But I think it was because I was young and would hear it at night in the dark when I was young and think of BOB. Nowadays, it's a very cool dark track I listen to more than some of the others on TOS.
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

Nice post. As for my favourite and least favourite songs from TP albums:

TP Original album:
Favourite: Freshly squeezed
Least favourite: Falling

FWWM:
Favourite: The pine float
Least favourite: Questions in a world of blue

Season 2 and more music:
Favourite: New shoes / dark mood woods
LEast favourite: barbershop

TPA
Favourite: Deer Meadow Shuffle
LEast favourite: Mill Fire
kyuzo
Roadhouse Member

Post by kyuzo »

Here is mine

TP Original
Favorite: Night Life In Twin Peaks
Least: The Nightingale

FWWM
Favorite: Moving Through Time
Least: A Real Indication

Season 2
Favorite: Dark Mood Woods / The Red Room
Least: Hook Rug Dance

TPA
Favorite: It's Your Father
Least: I'm Hurt Bad (Industrial Symphony No. 1 Version)

Also Dark Mood Woods (Studio Version), Owl Cave, and FWWM Theme (Alternate Saxaphone) are very close favorites.
The black dog runs at night.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Oooh, this is fun. Here are mine:

TP Original
Favorite: Laura Palmer's Theme
Least: Falling

FWWM
Favorite: Moving Through Time
Least: Questions in a World of Blue

Season 2 & More
Favorite: Dark Mood Woods/The Red Room
Least: Copbeat

Archive
Favorite: Nightsea Wind
Least: Picking on Country/Secret Country/Western Ballad
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

TP:

Favourite: Laura Palmer's Theme
Least favourite: Freshly Squeezed

FWWM:

Favourite: Montage (It still works so well, even now the constituent parts have been released)
Second favourite (for if Montage doesn't count): Best Friends
Least favourite: A Real Indication

Season Two and More:

Favourite: Shelly (narrowly beating Hook Rug Dance)
Least favourite: Cop Beat

Archive:

Favourite: TP theme (Solo Rhodes) (narrowly beating nostalgia)
Least favourite: I'm Hurt Bad (not because of the tune itself, but because the audio quality just was not fit for release - it's unlistenable)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

TP Original
Favorite: Twin Peaks
Least: Night Life In Twin Peaks (I like it- but had to pick one)

FWWM
Favorite: Fire Walk With Me
Least: A Real Indication (The only TP track I really dislike)

Season 2 & More
Favorite: New Shoes
Least: Copbeat

Archive
Favorite: Annie And Cooper
Least: Mysterioso #2
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Fred&Ginger
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fred&Ginger »

Let me join in on the fun:

TP Original
Least: Freshly Squeezed

FWWM
Favorite: The Pine Float
Least: The Montage (only b/c I really wish all full pieces were included)

Season 2 & More
Favorite: Laura's Dark Boogie
Least: Audrey

Archive
Favorite: James Visits Laura
Least: Wheeler's Theme

Most Anticipated Release
Series: White Lodge Rumble (how surprising, right??)
Film: Laura's Dark Boogie (clean) and one that hasn't been mentioned before - the short version of The Voice of Love that plays while Laura talks about angels that have all gone away and when she sees the angel disappearing from her picture on the wall. Even if it's 30 seconds long, I'd love that piece!
"Where are the cookies?"
"You mean Fred & Ginger?"
"Dancing..."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Lists are fun!

TP Original
Least: Falling

FWWM
Favorite: The Voice of Love
Least: A Real Indication

Season 2
Favorite: Audrey's Prayer
Least: Cop Beat

TPA
Favorite: Dark Mood Woods (Studio Version) (Followed closely by 'Owl Cave' & 'Audrey's Prayer' (Synth))
Least: I'm Hurt Bad (Industrial Symphony No. 1 Version)
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

the short version of The Voice of Love that plays while Laura talks about angels that have all gone away and when she sees the angel disappearing from her picture on the wall
It's just piece of original Voice of love music, isn't it???
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:
the short version of The Voice of Love that plays while Laura talks about angels that have all gone away and when she sees the angel disappearing from her picture on the wall
I'd have to go back and look to make sure, but yes, I think so.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:
I'd have to go back and look to make sure, but yes, I think so.
Actually, I've been wondering about that myself and I thought I was the only one who wanted this piece! I don't think it's actually the same as released version. I think it's more sparse but I could be wrong.

Update: I just re-checked. It is definitely a more sparse, quiet version of The Voice of Love, not the same as the released version. But it could be just a 10-second fragment not a full composition.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Nice to see what everyone loves and doesn't care for as much.

I like I'm Hurt Bad (always get the mental image of Bobby in the Pilot), but that IS#1 version is rough on the ears for the last portion of it. I haven't seen IS#1 in probably 20 years, but was there a saw or something being used as part of the performance art in the last portion of the track? I can't remember.

I was listening to Love (Intro) today and boy, talk about a merged track. Does anyone have a breakdown of all of the tracks used to create this one? It has to be a ton. I swear I heard snippets of the One Armed Man Theme and Jean Renault's Theme as well. What is the Love (Farewell) made up of?

Are you surprised any currently released Archive tracks didn't replace certain tracks on STMM?

Interesting to see a lot of people weren't huge fans of Real Indication. It's not a fave, but it I feel it has its place on the FWWM soundtrack despite being an arthouse piece instead of radio friendly. It's so different and original I can't dislike it. Angelo was being experimental and it worked as a backdrop in Laura's dark fairy tale world.

What is going to be released Friday? One track or a massive bundle? Is White Lodge Rumble just around the corner?

How long do you believe this releases will go into the year 2012?

Ross, I hope you don't think I pester you about the album covers too much. I love them and it's like a ritual after a new release to check your site every day until the new ones are up. Do you think you will ever release other covers for the Great Northern, Hank, and Laura Palmer piano tracks? The way I look at it, the more the merrier - Twin Peaks has so many wondrous screenshots, it couldn't hurt! :lol:

Someone brought up a great point in an earlier post. What characters did not get their own music track? On this note, I hope we get Audrey's Prayer (38% slowed down White Lodge Vision version) if possible. The Log Lady didn't have a theme, although maybe some of the darker Lodge related tracks played when she appeared. Albert is basically one of the percussion tracks. Ditto for Harry. Gordon Cole needed his own theme! What about Denise Bryson? I'm not sure if Donna Hayward deserved one :lol: Nadine probably needed one being crazy personified and all. I mean Lana got more than one track for crying out loud, so many more major characters deserved their own and I guess we'll neve know what they would have sounded like! :shock:
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

coolspringsj wrote:I was listening to Love (Intro) today and boy, talk about a merged track. Does anyone have a breakdown of all of the tracks used to create this one? It has to be a ton. I swear I heard snippets of the One Armed Man Theme and Jean Renault's Theme as well. What is the Love (Farewell) made up of?
They (Badalamenti?) did a great job with the Love Theme Intro! Yes, a small section of The One-Armed Man Theme (Clarinet Freestyle) is in there. Also "Solo Percussion 1"
"Dance Of The Dream Man (Solo Sax)" & "Stair Music/Danger Theme". I also think its cool that the often used "Windom Earle's Motif" was worked into the "Dark Mood Woods/Red Room" montage. Although I wish they would have released "James & Evelyn" as its own track.
coolspringsj wrote:Are you surprised any currently released Archive tracks didn't replace certain tracks on STMM?
Definitely. I would have replaced say, "Hayward Boogie", "Cop Beat" & "Barbershop" with "Annie And Cooper", "Twin Peaks (Solo Rhodes)" & "Americana". But I'm sure others would disagree, so that's been one of the many joys of the Archive releases.
coolspringsj wrote:How long do you believe this releases will go into the year 2012?
Not sure how long it will take, but in March it will have been a year!!
coolspringsj wrote:Ross, I hope you don't think I pester you about the album covers too much. I love them and it's like a ritual after a new release to check your site every day until the new ones are up. Do you think you will ever release other covers for the Great Northern, Hank, and Laura Palmer piano tracks? The way I look at it, the more the merrier - Twin Peaks has so many wondrous screenshots, it couldn't hurt! :lol:
Thanks so much- its always nice to hear. And as for those you mention- its possible. I love making them. Still working on upcoming tracks.
coolspringsj wrote:Someone brought up a great point in an earlier post. What characters did not get their own music track? On this note, I hope we get Audrey's Prayer (38% slowed down White Lodge Vision version) if possible. The Log Lady didn't have a theme, although maybe some of the darker Lodge related tracks played when she appeared. Albert is basically one of the percussion tracks. Ditto for Harry. Gordon Cole needed his own theme! What about Denise Bryson? I'm not sure if Donna Hayward deserved one :lol: Nadine probably needed one being crazy personified and all. I mean Lana got more than one track for crying out loud, so many more major characters deserved their own and I guess we'll neve know what they would have sounded like! :shock:
I feel like many characters kind of got "unofficial themes". Like I think of "Dance Of The Dream Man" as Cooper's theme. The percussion tracks for Andy. "High School Swing" & "Americana" for Nadine (and "Americana" for James as well). And no one got more themes than Audrey: "Audrey", "Audrey's Investigation", "Audrey's Prayer", "Audrey's Dance". Even "Annie & Cooper" was in the Archives as "Sleazy Audrey". And the original name for "Freshly Squeezed" was "Jazzy Audrey".
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

And no one got more themes than Audrey
It seems like Badalamenti was secretly in love with Sherilyn Fenn... :wink:
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!