Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:
So, it's became clear The Giant's Visit (or The Giant Visits Cooper) is separate theme. Hope we'll get it sooner or later!
Hmm... I listened it again... and seems like I was wrong :| Looks like the Giant's theme is a mix:
dark synth chorus sound effect and then - looped part of WLR + looped ringing sound effect.
Yeah- what we call "Giant's Theme" is most probably just the ringing sound effect, which itself is possibly looped. We might get an effects bundle at some point though, including this, the different scary sounds, and the few dark synth tones heard (like in the scene where Leland pockets the fox fur in Ben's office).

There does seem to be a part in the Cooper shot scene right before the ringing effect that I don't think is part of WLR either(?)
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

There does seem to be a part in the Cooper shot scene right before the ringing effect that I don't think is part of WLR either(?)
As I said it seems like another synth sound effect too... or kind of synth bridge. Anyhow.
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:
As I said it seems like another synth sound effect too... or kind of synth bridge. Anyhow.
Ahh- I see. That is the section you were talking about, sorry. Yes, maybe another effect.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

And there is interesting descending passage from 10:13. I believe I've heard it in the series. But I don't remember where is exactly... :roll:
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

I almost screamed when I saw the title this morning on DL.com. :lol:

The Lowest Circle in Hell title is an interesting tidbit and this track is very dark, but the White Lodge Rumble title goes better with what is occurring onscreen with the benevolent giant trying to help Coop solve the puzzle. Not to mention the name came from this here site. :)

Track is the longest one yet in the Archives! I feel like its companion is Circumference of a Circle and not BLR. Speaking of CoaC, that track title sounds awkward to me and I think I'm going to change the name to Don't Take the Ring (an ode to DoppelCoop telling Laura this in her dream/vision).

What all track titles have you changed and to what just for your personal collection? There's nothing wrong with the original titles, it's just a little creative geeky fun.

Plus guys, keep throwing what you want in detail out there. They are obviously reading this site for input. Excelent release, Dean! Bravo! WLR embodies and is iconic of the long season 2 opening scene.

Will the Giants Theme be released separate or will that have WLR as a part of its mix?
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

The whole "time-stretching" or slowing down the music to make different soundscapes idea is very cool. I wonder how rare or innovative that was? Its not something I'm aware of other scores utilizing. But I could be wrong. They certainly created some cool stuff by doing that. And some of the credit must go to the music editor as well. I'm thinking some tracks like "White Lodge Rumble" were probably always meant to be slowed for use. But it may have been the music editor who decided to "create" the slowed down versions of "The Mill Deal", "Hank's Theme", etc.
master468
Roadhouse Member

Post by master468 »

DEniZZrus wrote:I guess that you called wooden claps is just part of WLR (from 6:36)
Interesting Fact:

The "Wooden Claps" sound effects can also be heard in David Lynch's "The Air is on Fire":

The Air Is On Fire: I (Station) from 10:30.

:wink:
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Can't wait for the epic album art, Ross!

WLR grows and grows on me each additional listen. Never would have thought it's original title would be so evil.

There's about 48 tracks left unreleased on the original list.

I know we just got WLR, but my most desired release going forward is the Ben's Civil War tracks. Interesting to see how many are released related to this secondary storyline. It was corny, but I am a fan of the Ben Horne character - Richard Beymer was excellent and absolutely nailed the successful sleazy businessman.

That aside, I do hope we don't skip any weeks for a long time and get a big bundle next week!
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

coolspringsj wrote: What all track titles have you changed and to what just for your personal collection? There's nothing wrong with the original titles, it's just a little creative geeky fun.
I changed "James Visits Laura" in my personal playlist and I have it as "Your Laura." A reference to the later scene where she tells James, "Your Laura disappeared. It's just me now."
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

coolspringsj wrote: What all track titles have you changed and to what just for your personal collection? There's nothing wrong with the original titles, it's just a little creative geeky fun.
Wait, I just thought of two others I changed! Ha.

Stair Music/Danger Theme ---> Under the Fan

Windom Earle's Motif ---> Something's Burning
Lynch-D
Roadhouse Member

Post by Lynch-D »

I've been a fan of DL's work since 1991 and the Twin Peaks Archive is the first time somebody has gone out of their way to do something nice for the fans - with the exception of the people who go to the festival. A lot of work must have gone into releasing these downloads and I'm grateful.

I love everything that's been released from FWWM - especially Dear Meadow Shuffle, Birds In Hell, Nightsea Wind and Mysterioso. And the Laura Palmer's Theme bundle is manna from heaven.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

coolspringsj wrote: There's about 48 tracks left unreleased on the original list.
I can't believe that is all that is left. It's going to be sad not having new tracks to look forward to at some point. Hopefully unused tracks will follow and then music from Wild at Heart, Lost Highway, and Mulholland Drive. Plus they keep teasing with the Thought Gang release which David said would be out this year.
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

dugpa wrote:
coolspringsj wrote: There's about 48 tracks left unreleased on the original list.
I can't believe that is all that is left. It's going to be sad not having new tracks to look forward to at some point. Hopefully unused tracks will follow and then music from Wild at Heart, Lost Highway, and Mulholland Drive. Plus they keep teasing with the Thought Gang release which David said would be out this year.
The Twin Peaks Archive, the new DL.com and Dean Hurley's work is really great. Also, the work people have done on this board is very impressing! Just like to add that music from On the Air, Hotel Room, and David's early and later short projects would also be cool.
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

So, remaining unreleased themes howbeit suitable for slow-speed orchestra/synth category are:

- BOB'S DANCE
- DUGPAS
- EARLE'S FIRST VICTIM
- PALE HORSE
- STAIR MUSIC (coda)
- LELAND'S REMORSE

Probably some of them are special sound effects but I hope all of them are separate full-length tracks.
oscar gonzo

Post by oscar gonzo »

played this on my david lynch theme night last night, did manage to turn some heads, and the bartender automatically turned the lights down to the bare minimum
feel like i need to make one last twin peaks mix, using only the darkest, creepiest bits released over the last year, gonna be fun, but i doubt anyone would be able to listen to it :)