Introductions

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Derf Elot

Post by Derf Elot »

Hello people,

those of you that are good at reading backwards already guessed... my name is Fred, I'm 24 and from Germany. I am currently finishing up my studies in the Netherlands before moving to Marseille, France to do a PhD in molecular biology. My first exposure to DL was when I was very little and my parents watched Twin Peaks on the TV - I must have been 8 or 9, but I always remembered some images vividly. I "re-discovered" him some 4 years ago and got hooked instantly. My favorites would have to be Twin Peaks, Lost Highway, On the Air and the Straight Story (most beautiful cinematography I've ever seen). I have been lurking dugpa.com for quite a while and it's my #1 source of DL news, keep it up ;)
ove

Post by ove »

Hi there!

I'm Ove from Vaasa, this lil' town on the west coast of Finland. I've been a fan of Lynch for about 15 years now, I think. The first thing that got me hooked was of course Twin Peaks or more precisely a rerun of the show which was aired in the middle of the night (sure enough every episode with a sighting Bob made me skip brushing my teeth, the dark hallway to the toilet was too much with an image of his grin in my head). After Twin Peaks they had a screening of Eraserhead at my local cinema and after that there was no way turning back.

I'm pretty sure my favourite Lynch film is Lost Highway for some reason. It seems I'm somewhat alone with that preference, whatever the reason for this may be. I've just watched this film over and over and it keeps on revealing new sides to the story every time.

When I don't have my eyes fixed on the screen, I do music related stuff, I play in a number of bands and love to write and create songs.

Lynch-related news trickle slowly down to the Finnish media so I've greatly appreciated your existence, dear Dugpa.com. Thank you and keep up the magnificent work!
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

This is Simon saying hello. I live in a small village on the South West corner of the North Yorkshire Moors, in the UK. Lots of OWLS!!!

The best thing about David Lynch, for me, is the combination of film and music. Also the threads that run through his material, be it a burning fire place, humming in the wires, the doppelgangers and split psyche and lives of his characters, the sudden strange off centre happenings, etc.

Favourites would be the ones with the unsettling atmospheres and make me think, such as Eraserhead, Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart. I haven't seen Inland Empire yet but it looks like my kind of film. Twin Peaks+FWWM and it's music (well of course) That's nearly all of them isn't it?

I have followed dugpa's site now for a couple of year's and decided to join on seeing his new chat room, plus the fact that hopefully this year a lot of things will get resolved on the releases of some of the long awaited for material, I guess I don't need to mention what they are? Fingers crossed anyway.

Thankyou dugpa for keeping me informed all this time
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

I'm Morten from Copenhagen, I've been posting on LynchNet for many a year and i'm an on again off again member of DL.COM i also used to run a David Lynch yahoo group.
Favourite Lynch films so far (haven't seen INLANDEMPIRE yet) are Fire Walk With Me and Wild At Heart (which seems to be somewhat underappreciated in later years for some reason.)
Beatnik = Bootmaker
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm Mischa from Portland, Oregon. I've been a fan of Lynch since the early 80's when i stumbled upon Eraserhead as a kid. My main love is Twin Peaks and my obsession with collecting everything connected to the series (including original props) continues to this day. Check out my Twin Peaks website for exclusive interviews with the cast of Twin Peaks and more cool stuff!

Twin Peaks Archive

www.twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/
Last edited by Jerry Horne on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brassy Boy

Introductions

Post by Brassy Boy »

Hello All,

My name is Espo and I live in Vancouver Canada.

I first had an appreciation for David's films when I saw Blue Velvet. Then was completely captivated / obsessed / engrossed in the world of Twin Peaks. I guess I would pick FWWM as my favorite move. But really I would pick most of them as close tie for first.

Even though I love Dugpa's webpage. I think it would be best for all of us Lynch fans to pick one Forum for us to congregate. I thought TP Gazette was it. But oh well guess I'll have to check both forums for latest updates and opinions.

Best Regards,
BB
goodguyseatpie

Intro to Good Guys Eat Pie

Post by goodguyseatpie »

Hi there,

I'm GGEP, an astrophysicist, educator and film buff. I credit David Lynch with making me take movies seriously as art as a teenager in the early 90's. I had already been a big fan of Twin Peaks, but once I saw Blue Velvet, I was hooked on Lynch.

I live in the New York metro area, and recently saw Lynch with Donovan at the Lincoln Center. It was fun! I've seen every Lynch film, including INLAND EMPIRE. My favorite Lynch has to be TP, though, as a cumulative work. The geriatric room service scene is one of the best single scenes in all of television.

My handle comes from Twin Peaks. You almost never see a bad guy eating pie (at best, they slap it out of their victims hands!).

I've been reading Dugpa for a long long time.
imhotep

Post by imhotep »

Hello everybody.
I'm a 31 year old DL fan from Sweden and I've been loving his work ever since I saw Twin Peaks for the first time when it aired on TV.

Most underrated Lynch film is FWWM.

see you around.
garmonBOZia

Post by garmonBOZia »

Hello everyone,

My name is Boz, and I live in the Milwaukee, WI area (USA). I'm a web and graphic designer, and also a musician.

I can't recall the first Lynch film I saw (Eraserhead or The Elephant Man), but by the time Blue Velvet came out, I was hooked big time. I remember very clearly the pain and stress of not knowing if we'd ever see the end of the second season of Twin Peaks (when ABC kept moving or delaying episodes), and how bummed out I was when On The Air was pulled after three episodes (didn't get to see all of that until many years later when the VHS came out).

I'm usually at the theater the first weekend a new Lynch movie comes out, and IE was no exception. I went down to Chicago last weekend to see it, and I really enjoyed the movie and David's talk.

I used to post on the Gazette (can't recall if I used this nick or Qabala, which was also my nick on DL.com when I was a member), but dugpa is my favorite online Lynch resource. Glad to see it's still going strong, and is now offering this forum!
New Shoes

Post by New Shoes »

Hi

My name is Øyvind, I'm 26 and I live in Trondheim, Norway, with my girlfriend and our two daughters (the eldest one is 2 years old, youngest one is 2 1/2 months now) :)

I'm a computer science student and I particularly like webdesign.

The first time I became familiar with David Lynch's work, was back in 1991 (think it was) when I watched Twin Peaks. There isn't a Lynch film that I dislike, really. They're all very good.

I'm also a member on the Gazette messageboard.

That's it. :)
worthit
Roadhouse Member

Post by worthit »

Hi there!

My name is Tomas. I'm 27 years old and I live in a little town called Sandefjord in Norway. I work in a kindergarden and I am a musician. I compose music for the band I'm playing in and I've done some touring related to music.

The first time I saw something from mr. Lynch was when Twin Peaks aired here in Norway for the first time. That was in November 1990 and I was 11 years old. It scared me to death, but I HAD to continue watching. I don't think I understood everything of what was going on, but I loved it anyway (I still don't understand it...)

My favorite Lynch movie has to be FWWM or Lost Highway, although Twin Peaks (the series) is the best thing I've ever seen. I've been a fan of that show since day one and I guess I'll continue with that till the day I die.

Lynch-stuff that I own:

Short films R1 DVD
Eraserhead 2000 R1 DVD
Elephant Man R2 DVD
Dune 2-disc R2 DVD
Blue Velvet special edition R1 DVD
Wild at Heart special edition R2 DVD
Industrial Symphony NTSC VHS
Twin Peaks season 1 4-disc R2 DVD with pilot
Twin Peaks season 2 part 1 3-disc R2 DVD
Twin Peaks season 2 part 2 3-disc R2 DVD
Twin Peaks Definitive Gold Box Edition 10-disc R2 DVD
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me R2 DVD
On The Air (downloaded DVD)
Hotel Room NTSC VHS
Lost Highway MK2 R2 DVD
Straight Story R1 DVD
Mulholland Drive R1 DVD
Dumbland R1 DVD
Dynamic: 1 R1 DVD
Inland Empire 2-disc R1 DVD

Pretty as a Picture R1 DVD
I Don't Know Jack R1 DVD

Laura Palmer's secret diary - book
Full of secrets - book
Last edited by worthit on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

Hi Worthit, is there a website where one can listen to you music?

All the best,
Théo.
worthit
Roadhouse Member

Post by worthit »

Not yet, i'm sorry. We're in the studio these days recording and i guess we'll put it out when it's done. Our website is www.soulscarred.com but it's not done yet and i don't think there's anything there yet.

Edit: actually there are some songs on the site now, but those are some old ones from before I joined the band. Feel free to listen to them, but the production is very poor and I think we've changed the music a bit since.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I haven't checked in yet. My name is Richard. I live in Austin, TX. I am a screenwriter and used to be a psychotherapist. I just saw David Lynch at the Paramount Theater when he brought INLAND EMPIRE. He was here with Crista Bell and had a Q&A after the movie. He is amazing in person. What a guy.

I love all of DL's work. I watch MULHOLLAND DRIVE at least twice a year. I am going to find Cesar's in Gardina, CA, the site for Winkie's, and drive Mulholland Dr. again when I am in LA later this year. Within the month, I will have Twin Peaks season 2 on pre-order.
Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

Hi Richard, before your trip, check this site:

http://www.mulholland-drive.net/studies/locations.htm

Maybe you know it already, it's really cool.