What was James doing for 4 days?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BOB1
RR Diner Member

What was James doing for 4 days?

Post by BOB1 »

Hello :-)

Out of a sudden I felt I HAD TO watch a Twin Peaks episode tonight, and I asked my daughter for a number between 1 nad 30 and she said 18... and so we watched that strange episode which at times seems one of the worst ones ever but which has great scenes, too, such as Ben watching old videos or the introduction of agent Denise.

Well, anyway, the episode starts with James triumphantly riding his motorbike and then it struck me. Episode 16 he feels he has got to leave. One day later. Two day later, Three days later, episode 17. Four days later - eventually, there he is! But it is supposed to be a neighbouring town, where Wallie's is, right? So what was he doing, riding around in circles?!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Re: What was James doing for 4 days?

Post by bosguy1981 »

Maybe he was blowing off some steam at One-Eyed Jack's. :wink:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

bosguy1981 wrote:Maybe he was blowing off some steam at One-Eyed Jack's. :wink:
Well, he only had $12- in his savings account. I'm not sure how much that would have got him at OEJ's :wink:

(probably about a half bucket of ice)
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Jerry Horne wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:Maybe he was blowing off some steam at One-Eyed Jack's. :wink:
Well, he only had $12- in his savings account. I'm not sure how much that would have got him at OEJ's :wink:

after exhausting his savings, he was also able to get to San Francisco and buy Donna a postcard too.
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

March 11th - 12 PM: James leaves Twin Peaks.
March 11th - 13 PM: James meets Blonde Evil Bitch #1 just before leaving town.
March 11th - 22 PM: They make love. He likes her very much. Almost falls in love.
March 12th - 8 AM: James finds out about Blonde Evil Bitch #1's plan. Feels betrayed. Leaves.
March 12th - 10 AM: James meets Blonde Evil Bitch #2.
March 12th - 21 PM: They make love. He likes her very much. Almost falls in love.
March 13th - 8 AM: James finds out about Blonde Evil Bitch #2's plan. Feels betrayed. Leaves.
March 13th - 9 AM: James considers returning to Twin Peaks. Rejects idea. Continues journey.
March 13th - 10 AM: James meets Blonde Evil Bitch #3
March 13th - 21 PM: They make love. He likes her very much. Almost falls in love. But...
March 14th - 6 AM: ...James leaves before she wakes up. Ain't gonna happen again.
March 14th - 9 AM: James seriously considers returning to Twin Peaks. Feels dumb for leaving. Still loves Donna...
March 15th - 1 AM: James stops considering coming back. Gonna ride his bike all night instead.
March 15th - 7 AM: James still riding bike.
March 15th - 9 AM: Arrives to Wallie's. Meets Blonde Evil Bitch #4 aka Evelyn Marsh. "This one doesn't look evil, she looks ok", he thinks.

Well, there you go... The question is: how many manipulative and mischievous blondes can James meet in 4 days? :D
B..

Post by B.. »

If only they had filmed all of this, maybe we could have been spared cheerleader tryouts and Dick's revelation on parenthood.

No wonder James started going for the brunettes.
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

bosguy1981 wrote:Maybe he was blowing off some steam at One-Eyed Jack's.
:D
Well, he only had $12- in his savings account. I'm not sure how much that would have got him at OEJ's
after exhausting his savings, he was also able to get to San Francisco and buy Donna a postcard too.
March 11th - 12 PM: James leaves Twin Peaks.
March 11th - 13 PM: James meets Blonde Evil Bitch #1 just before leaving town.
March 11th - 22 PM: They make love. He likes her very much. Almost falls in love.
March 12th - 8 AM: James finds out about Blonde Evil Bitch #1's plan. Feels betrayed. Leaves.
March 12th - 10 AM: James meets Blonde Evil Bitch #2.
March 12th - 21 PM: They make love. He likes her very much. Almost falls in love.
March 13th - 8 AM: James finds out about Blonde Evil Bitch #2's plan. Feels betrayed. Leaves.
March 13th - 9 AM: James considers returning to Twin Peaks. Rejects idea. Continues journey.
March 13th - 10 AM: James meets Blonde Evil Bitch #3
March 13th - 21 PM: They make love. He likes her very much. Almost falls in love. But...
March 14th - 6 AM: ...James leaves before she wakes up. Ain't gonna happen again.
March 14th - 9 AM: James seriously considers returning to Twin Peaks. Feels dumb for leaving. Still loves Donna...
March 15th - 1 AM: James stops considering coming back. Gonna ride his bike all night instead.
March 15th - 7 AM: James still riding bike.
March 15th - 9 AM: Arrives to Wallie's. Meets Blonde Evil Bitch #4 aka Evelyn Marsh. "This one doesn't look evil, she looks ok", he thinks.

Well, there you go... The question is: how many manipulative and mischievous blondes can James meet in 4 days?
If only they had filmed all of this, maybe we could have been spared cheerleader tryouts and Dick's revelation on parenthood.
oh yes! :D

Thanks for replies - loved them all! :D
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

just a wild guess maybe he seen his mom Colleen for one last time? just a guess.
Colonel Cooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Colonel Cooper »

And in the next episode - 19 - the last three scenes take place during a thunder storm; Coop and Denise's interrogation of Ernie, the Major's return, and James overhearing raised voices over at the Marsh House. If we assume it's the same thunder storm, that shows just how far away he managed to get in 4 days :?

(This is where I usually stop watching, no more Coop and Audrey scenes from now on :( I always wonder if the writers were having a dig at Lara when they give Donna the line "Sorry, Mike. I'm not that good an actress." You got that right, Lara.)
Just Agent, Audrey. Special Agent.