FWWM Bluray UK Release 4th June 2012 - Buyer Beware

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

rewak
RR Diner Member

Re: FWWM Bluray UK Release 4th June 2012 - Update - Buyer Be

Post by rewak »

I like that artwork, although the rating should be an 18 not a 15. It hasn't been re-rated from what i can see on the BBFC website, but maybe they did submit it again and it just isn't showing on the website yet. Might be they submitted extras that haven't show up yet either? Think i might be hoping in vein there though :?
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Re: FWWM Bluray UK Release 4th June 2012

Post by MysteryMan »

rewak wrote:I like that artwork, although the rating should be an 18 not a 15. It hasn't been re-rated from what i can see on the BBFC website, but maybe they did submit it again and it just isn't showing on the website yet. Might be they submitted extras that haven't show up yet either? Think i might be hoping in vein there though :?
On Amazon's website it states it's an 18 although the cover picture suggests otherwise. It will probably be corrected before release. I have seen this happen before.
The next time you see me it won't be me...
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

MysteryMan wrote:I have pre-ordered my copy, love the artwork. Looks very promising indeed. Does anyone know for sure what extras will be on the Blu-Ray?
Like the Specials at Hap's.... There aren't any.
JCR

Post by JCR »

The British Board of Film Classification have indeed rerated Fire Walk With Me as 15: http://www.bbfc.co.uk/EVF063753/
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

I guess because it swapped hands the new owners (Universal) had to resubmit it in their name? Still the last rating was in 2005, what's changed in that time to bring it down to a 15? I'm also guessing this is why there are no special features, even the EPK that's on the French and Australian release, because of how much it cost to resubmit the movie and how much more it would cost to secure and submit anything else for rating. It cost them roughly £1020 to have it rerated.
Lynch-D
Roadhouse Member

Post by Lynch-D »

Doh! I ordered it in a moment of weakness and it arrived this morning*

I know right!

Tacky artwork. Static menu. No special features. Licensed by MK2 Diffusion. Same print as the MK2 DVD.

On a more positive note, things can only get better...

* But I did resist the rest of the Universal Lynch DVDs
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

Cross-posting from BluRay forum :P Worth pointing out here that this seems to be Region B locked
Lynch-D
Roadhouse Member

Post by Lynch-D »

rewak wrote:Cross-posting from BluRay forum :P Worth pointing out here that this seems to be Region B locked
I thought I recognised your username!

Yes, it's region B locked.
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

Ok so according to members on the BluRay forum, this release doesn't have the DTS HD-MA 5.1 audio the French and Australian releases had, it has a PCM 2.0 track, and it isn't 1080p, its 1080/50i. Lost Highway is the same, and Wild At Heart has also lost its DTS HD-MA 5.1 track. What the hell did they do to this thing!? :shock:

kafard
RR Diner Member

FWWM Bluray UK Release 4th June 2012

Post by kafard »

Here are the audio/video details of the boxset :
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338842954.064561.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338842954.064561.jpg (109.57 KiB) Viewed 11314 times
And I don't know what happens with WAT, TPFWWM and LH...
A french little guy named : Dam.
msycamore

Post by msycamore »

Weird, does this mean that there's a small chance that the original Dolby Stereo mix of FWWM is back from the dead, or is it just a fold-down of the re-mixed track? Maybe hard to tell.
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

Got my copy today and yep, it is 1080i/50. The back cover is a bit of a mess too, it just says "The last seven days of Laura Palmer". Thats it, no description of the movie beyond that. If you didn't know Twin Peaks or the movie that's hardly going to convince you to give it a shot is it? Also it has logos for DTS-HD MA, DTS Surround, and Dolby Digital, none of those codecs are used on the disc, the audio is LPCM 2.0. Plus, and this is just a personal gripe rather than a technical one, Ray doesn't appear anywhere on the cover despite being given top billing along with Sheryl on the front. Messy messy messy release, whoever was responsible needs a talking to. How they managed to mess up a simple port job so much is beyond me :roll:
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

Sorry for the double post but this needs to be made clear, DO NOT buy this release! Apart from the fact its 1080i and missing the DTS-HD MA audio, it also has audio glitches through the movie. Little warps like a skipping VHS tape. One such instance right at the end of the movie completely ruining the moment. Anyone unfortunate enough to own it can check at 2:06:40, then send your copy back where you got it and get a refund. And apparently (can't check this cause i don't own it) Lost Highway skips at 1:23:46 to about 1:32, and you can only rewind as far back as 1:25 before it freezes. Universal/Indi Vision seriously fucked up here :evil:
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Thanks for the update. I was also updated that Blu-ray.com forum removed all of the negative posts. Very suspicious. I've called universaluk out in twitter and suggest others that got defective copies do the same.
Lynch-D
Roadhouse Member

Post by Lynch-D »

^ Does it have anything to do with the blu-ray.com forum crashing? The whole site has apparently travelled back in time to April. Loads of posts are missing. The last 20 or so films I bought have disappeared from my profile.

If the moderators have selectively deleted posts re. the rubbish Lynch releases, that'd be scandalous.

Thanks for your posts rewak - they've been very helpful.