Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mavenickster
Roadhouse Member

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by mavenickster »

BookhouseBoyBob wrote:
mavenickster wrote:My humble request to be added to the archive, though not related to unreleased tracks, is the ghost track "Abstract Mood - Credit Boogie" from "Twin Peaks - Season Two Music and More". Only after I bought the digital version of the album I found out that there was this additional track on the physical CD. I wonder why this is not available on davidlynch.com :?:
do you mean the hidden track before Love Theme Intro?
Yes, I mean that :(
Cooped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cooped »

Aww no release!

I'm going home bawwwwww
smokebelch
Roadhouse Member

Post by smokebelch »

mavenickster wrote:
BookhouseBoyBob wrote:
mavenickster wrote:My humble request to be added to the archive, though not related to unreleased tracks, is the ghost track "Abstract Mood - Credit Boogie" from "Twin Peaks - Season Two Music and More". Only after I bought the digital version of the album I found out that there was this additional track on the physical CD. I wonder why this is not available on davidlynch.com :?:
do you mean the hidden track before Love Theme Intro?
Yes, I mean that :(
I've got the CD and I can't access it either!
Used to have an older CD player that would happily skip back past the first track, but neither my current player nor my PC or Blu-Ray player will let me access it- kinda annoying. Be nice if its added to the archive.

Doesn't look like a release this week, but as there arn't many left guess its not too bad.
Gonna miss the excitment of waking up on a Friday morning here in the UK and seeing what musical treats await me :lol:
mavenickster
Roadhouse Member

Post by mavenickster »

smokebelch wrote: I've got the CD and I can't access it either!
Used to have an older CD player that would happily skip back past the first track, but neither my current player nor my PC or Blu-Ray player will let me access it- kinda annoying. Be nice if its added to the archive.
I do hope so, in one of the next last bundles... I hope... :)
Lynch-D
Roadhouse Member

Post by Lynch-D »

I have the CD and I can't access the hidden track either.
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Me too. I guess some copies don't contain it. :|
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
ARNIE

Post by ARNIE »

You're not missing much :D
smokebelch
Roadhouse Member

Post by smokebelch »

DEniZZrus wrote:
All copies have it on there its just a lot of players cant access the pre-track one info.
Its to do with the 'Red Book Standard' which sets the specs for CD's and CD players. The ability to access any music hidden away in the pre-track one gap is NOT part of the 'Red Book', so therefore most players don't have the ability to do it. Think its even rarer for PC's to be able to either- I know none of mine over the years have been able too.
Kinda frustrating as I've got a few CD's with tracks hidden away at the start, that I now have no way of listening too as I no longer have my old CD player that could play them.
BookhouseBoyBob
Site Admin

Post by BookhouseBoyBob »

smokebelch wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:
All copies have it on there its just a lot of players cant access the pre-track one info.
Its to do with the 'Red Book Standard' which sets the specs for CD's and CD players. The ability to access any music hidden away in the pre-track one gap is NOT part of the 'Red Book', so therefore most players don't have the ability to do it. Think its even rarer for PC's to be able to either- I know none of mine over the years have been able too.
Kinda frustrating as I've got a few CD's with tracks hidden away at the start, that I now have no way of listening too as I no longer have my old CD player that could play them.

I was able to extract it from my CD using Exact Audio Copy. Also note that EAC will only be able to recognize it on a newer CD player on your PC, say within the past two years (not sure if there's a Mac version of the program).

Good luck!
Cooped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cooped »

Just downloaded the 'Odds and Ends' bundle.

No-one said that Llama Country was such a delight! I didnt even notice the musical cue during the episode, but it's such a bright track, I love it!
kafard
RR Diner Member

Post by kafard »

I was able to extract it from my CD using Exact Audio Copy. Also note that EAC will only be able to recognize it on a newer CD player on your PC, say within the past two years (not sure if there's a Mac version of the program).

Good luck!
Even if you have the hidden track with the cd, this track will bring you to nowhere ! Because the hidden track was on the old davidlynch.com....
Attachments
hiddentrack.JPG
hiddentrack.JPG (48.48 KiB) Viewed 11311 times
A french little guy named : Dam.
mavenickster
Roadhouse Member

Post by mavenickster »

kafard wrote: Even if you have the hidden track with the cd, this track will bring you to nowhere ! Because the hidden track was on the old davidlynch.com....
Wasn't the hidden track actually recorded on the CD before the first track? I've read it is called "Abstract Mood / Credit Boogie", I've heard parts of it somewhere... it would be nice to have it possibly in the TP Archive :)
Silent Witness

Post by Silent Witness »

OK, to clarify:

Yes, there is an audio track hidden before the first track on the CD. It consist of two things:

- 2:39 minutes of Lynchian wind effect with David Lynch speaking a code towards the end which would have unlocked the track "The Norwegians" on his homepage at the time. "The Norwegians" has been released as part of the Archive in the meantime.

then a long silence, and then:

- an on-set-recording of the piano accompaniment to Gersten's poem "It was Laura" (1:13). The poem is still audible in the background.

The booklet credits are misleading:
"Credit Boogie" applies to "Hayward Boogie" which was also used in the end credits of that episode.
"Abstract Mood" is the original title of "Night Bells" (retitled for the CD).

Hope this helps.

Looking hopefully forward to a new release tonight!
mavenickster
Roadhouse Member

Post by mavenickster »

Interesting, thank you!
Was the spoken code the same in all the CDs? I suppose so.
Silent Witness wrote: The booklet credits are misleading:
"Credit Boogie" applies to "Hayward Boogie" which was also used in the end credits of that episode.
"Abstract Mood" is the original title of "Night Bells" (retitled for the CD).
So the title "Abstract Mood / Credit Boogie" I've read as the title of the hidden track actually it is not, right?
Silent Witness

Post by Silent Witness »

Was the spoken code the same in all the CDs? I suppose so.
Pretty sure, yes ;-)
So the title "Abstract Mood / Credit Boogie" I've read as the title of the hidden track actually it is not, right?
Yes, it was just assumed, because the titles were mentioned in the CD booklet, but none of the regular tracks were either named "Abstract Mood" or "Credit Boogie". And since the hidden track consists of two parts, it was the logical assumption. Still wrong though ;-)