ebay - credit card or moneyorder

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

ebay - credit card or moneyorder

Post by Rebel »

through the years when I wanna collect I go for moneyorder checks, I thank gosh dont have credit cards.just wonderin cause i ran amongst a couple askin why ?? just as long as I pay but i do know it is speedy payment,by card, me, just dont wanna have a credit card should I have one? dont think so, gimme your opinion. I must be living under a Rock HEH!!!
snoghumangerm
Roadhouse Member

Re: ebay - credit card or moneyorder

Post by snoghumangerm »

Get a PayPal account. You can have it debit your checking account to pay for items. I do use my credit card to pay for just about everything. Credit isn't evil. As long as you pay your credit bill in full every month, you're good to go. I have auto pay, myself, so I never have to worry about the CC bill not being paid...or lost in the mail. ( trust me, mail gets lost all the time...or even stolen).
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

thanks Snogs will keep in mind, thank you! :)
Melong
RR Diner Member

Post by Melong »

One thing about PayPal, their customer service can be very unhelpful.

At one time in the past I had my regular bank account (what you call a checking account ?) linked to my PayPal account. I made this purchase at some online retailer for a rare CD that was not in stock. The thing is I gave them permission to debit my PayPal account upon shipment of the item. I can't remember all the fine details, but it came down to me not being able to remove the permission for PayPal to directly debit my bank account while the transaction with this online retailer wasn't completed. After the order was eventually cancelled the PayPal transaction was still pending and no amount of e-mailing and calling with the retailer and PayPal could change this status. I had to wait at least six months for the permission I originally gave when placing the order to expire. In the end no money was taken out of my account that shouldn't have been, but basically the retailer and PayPal told me to stop complaining and go fuck myself.

I still use PayPal, but now first wire the money from my bank account to PayPal. A small inconvenience, but much saver. God forbid if your account is hacked while being linked to your regular bank account you use to pay the rent, groceries, bills, etc.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Thanks Melong, years ago ebay sellers used to take moneyorders. now it's paypal. I still dont have paypal, I would rather send moneyorders.