New Twin Peaks Podcast

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

redroompodcast

New Twin Peaks Podcast

Post by redroompodcast »

The Red Room Podcast has published its newest episode. We have special guests, Jerry from The Twin Peaks Archive and Ross from the Twin Peaks Design. We discuss the music of Twin Peaks and also play an unreleased Twin Peaks song.

http://wp.me/p27ojK-DT

Thanks,
Scott Ryan
The Red Room Podcast
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Re: New Twin Peaks Podcast

Post by qbin2001 »

It was great to hear it! Big thanks to all of you! :D
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Thanks Q! I miss the music talk on here that went went the releases. Your knowledge was always a great help.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Downloading this now! It'll be nice to put voices to the... erm... avatars? :lol:

Seriously though, i'm looking forward to hearing this.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

I only got round to listening to this last night. I got through half in the car on the way home from work, and the rest on the way back in again this morning. I really, really enjoyed it. You're all real nice guys who care so much about the show, it was a pleasure to listen to. Had to chuckle a few times too. Twin Peaks karaoke sounds great! :wink:

New track is great, and slides in nicely with the other RR Diner songs. The show also gave me hope for the future of things to come. The book, that commentrary with Paula is intriguing (is the intention to make this public?), not to mention the DVDs, and possibility of more music (with great artwork from Ross!)

Great great stuff. I'll be listening to it again for sure, as things seem to sink in better a second time. Great choices on favourite songs from the archive too! :D
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

hopesfall wrote:I only got round to listening to this last night. I got through half in the car on the way home from work, and the rest on the way back in again this morning. I really, really enjoyed it. You're all real nice guys who care so much about the show, it was a pleasure to listen to. Had to chuckle a few times too. Twin Peaks karaoke sounds great! :wink:

New track is great, and slides in nicely with the other RR Diner songs. The show also gave me hope for the future of things to come. The book, that commentrary with Paula is intriguing (is the intention to make this public?), not to mention the DVDs, and possibility of more music (with great artwork from Ross!)

Great great stuff. I'll be listening to it again for sure, as things seem to sink in better a second time. Great choices on favourite songs from the archive too! :D
I'm not sure about the legal aspect of releasing the commentary (yet to be recorded - I need to get her up here again) but it would be released free of charge somewhere. I don't like the sound of my voice so I've never listened to any of these, but the Red Room people are nice and it was great talking to Ross in person. Glad you enjoyed the track. I'm really surprised dl.com didn't release it. Maybe they lost it. I also note that Angelo Badalementi promoted the show on his Twitter account. I wonder if he listened to it?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Its funny, I haven't listened to it for the same reason as Jerry. Hearing my own voice is really annoying. But I had a lot of fun chatting on the show, and it was great talking to Jerry, with whom I've been chatting about the soundtrack well before the Archives ever became a reality.

And I still wonder why the remaining bootleg tracks (which include the RR track played on the show) weren't released. And still hope they might be someday. Anyone interested about the bootleg tracks should visit my site here:
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... racks.html

Here's the art I made for the track heard on the show (the name was made up by me):
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pEtBFa3GKoA/U ... +Spoon.png

I might post the remaining bootleg tracks in an upcoming MixCloud mix. But part of me is still hoping for an official release.

Anyway, thanks again to the Redroom guys and Jerry. And anyone who listened to it.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Greasy Spoon. Hehe, i like it Ross! Where's Big Ed though? :wink:

I thoroughly enjoyed the podcast, i found it really, really interesting. For the record there's nothing wrong with any of your voices! I know what you mean about hearing yourself. I've been on a couple of podcasts myself, and it's really odd at first. It disappears after a while though. The only thing i would say is that the sound falls out and gets echoey on a few occasions. But that's much more than could be asked of a podcast between four people which i assume was over Skype? It's great that can even happen!

I must say Mischa, the prospect of those commentaries is real exciting, in any form, as is any future developments with these pictures! As i said before, still much to look forward to! :D
redroompodcast

Post by redroompodcast »

So glad that everyone enjoyed it. I hate to get to sentimental, but doing the Twin Peaks podcasts are always my favorite. This show means more to me than I could ever explain. I seriously had no idea anyone loved the music like I did until the first time we had Jerry on the podcast. (I am hoping if Jerry gets Paula up to \his house he lets us know and we can do another interview with her and Jerry....Here is hoping)

As far as the dropping out of the sound, I think it was the connection. That was the first time we had to record 4 people.

And it is official, Ross hates Big Ed, as he went to the Norma well again. Well we all know that Big Ed is used to being in the Dog House....

Thanks for listening,
Scott
The Red Room Podcast
www.redroompodcast.com
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

redroompodcast wrote:So glad that everyone enjoyed it. I hate to get to sentimental, but doing the Twin Peaks podcasts are always my favorite. This show means more to me than I could ever explain. I seriously had no idea anyone loved the music like I did until the first time we had Jerry on the podcast. (I am hoping if Jerry gets Paula up to \his house he lets us know and we can do another interview with her and Jerry....Here is hoping)

As far as the dropping out of the sound, I think it was the connection. That was the first time we had to record 4 people.

And it is official, Ross hates Big Ed, as he went to the Norma well again. Well we all know that Big Ed is used to being in the Dog House....

Thanks for listening,
Scott
The Red Room Podcast
http://www.redroompodcast.com
Thanks for having me. Great idea about an interview. We'll put it on the burner.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM