DEXTER

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Indifferent43
RR Diner Member

Re: DEXTER

Post by Indifferent43 »

As soon as the blonde woman was introduced I knew Dexter would have relations with her, way too tempting for him finding someone else who has a secret blood lust. While a bit annoying, at least the show's going in a new direction. Especially since Deb's going to start dating that author, so it'll be a clash with a couple on either side.
Melong
RR Diner Member

Post by Melong »

But was last episode a return to the sloppy Dexter of seasons 4 through 6? During the first five episodes there seemed to me to be numerous references to the writers/producers being aware where they messed up last season. The acting was much improved. Tension increased. This episode felt off to me.

It was obvious Dexter was attracted to Hannah from the first, but with what he'd learned about her not killing her is out of character. On the Dexter site I referenced to above I remember a headline to an interview with Yvonne Strahovski (Hannah) saying this season on Dexter they'd be doing something that had never been done before on television (I did not read the whole article). Seems a bit presumptuous now.

They'd better get their act together and make the last six episodes more like the first five and less like past disappointments. I've had it with sloppy Dexter ("I only kill bad people, mommy", see first moments of preview with roles on kill table reversed). I want a more menacing and ruthless Dexter.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

my guess, Hannah will end up preg and Deb and Dex cannot do nothing, just a thought. Man I hope the upcoming eps. dont suck!!!!! dont want it to end with sloppiness, should be MORE OF A BANG! NOT screwed up hope ya know what I mean?
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

hmmmm, just a thought, would Debra be like Dexter?
Melong
RR Diner Member

Post by Melong »

Things are being wrapped up nicely on Dexter. No derailment after that one questionable episode. A very good season thus far. Dexter has been revitalized. :D
Indifferent43
RR Diner Member

Post by Indifferent43 »

I'm upset Isaac was killed off. He was my overall favourite character in the show ever. Makes me want to go back and re-watch HBO's Rome where the actor was the main character.
Melong
RR Diner Member

Post by Melong »

Will Matthews get revenge on LaGuerta by manipulating Dexter into killing her somehow now that Dexter realizes he doesn't have to choose his victims by Harry's code? That would be sweet.
Indifferent43
RR Diner Member

Post by Indifferent43 »

Melong wrote:Will Matthews get revenge on LaGuerta by manipulating Dexter into killing her somehow now that Dexter realizes he doesn't have to choose his victims by Harry's code? That would be sweet.
I don't think it was realizing he had to follow the code, just that he didn't have a "dark passenger" and that he's in charge of his own actions.
Dexter only killed the woman's father to save her, I don't think he'll kill or hurt someone he respects, like LaGuerta, to save his own skin. But we'll see soon enough.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

I have no idea how it will happen, but I don't believe LaGuerta will survive this season's end. I suspected that Deb will kill her to protect Dexter, but after last episode I'm not so sure.
Melong
RR Diner Member

Post by Melong »

LaGuerta's part seems to have played out. She could be doomed, and given she was gotten rid of early on in the books, it would be a nice nod to the fans. Just as the discussion of the Dark Passenger not being some kind of 'devil' could perhaps be considered a nod to the supernatural angle pursued in Dexter In The Dark? An entry not widely loved and subsequently ignored.

I've yet to read the novels myself, but like I stated earlier, I believe the writers have been inserting these little references to past mistakes throughout the season.
Indifferent43
RR Diner Member

Post by Indifferent43 »

I have the books on my kindle waiting to be read, though I've heard from numerous people how only the first few books are decent, before the "dark passenger" shows up.

I've always found LaGuerta annoying, so if she does come to a quick demise, I'll have no complaints.
Melong
RR Diner Member

Post by Melong »

I intent to read the first two in between seasons 7 and 8. :)
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

just wonderin do you think that LaGuerta might have somethin to do with Deb's accident? I thought Hanna but just a thought seems that way to me I could be wrong. great show by the way.
Melong
RR Diner Member

Post by Melong »

Forget about the fucking toe! She poisoned herself!
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Heh, o.k. then.