Audrey Horne Infatuation

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

SiderealPassing

Audrey Horne Infatuation

Post by SiderealPassing »

I'm sure I'm not the first to think this but I'm re-watching Twin Peaks for the second time and am finding myself completely infatuated with Audrey Horne. So much to the point that I become depressed upon the reminder that she's just a fictional character. Not only is she stunningly beautiful but her personality is completely ideal for what I look for in a woman. The "bad girl" trait contrasted by her longing to be loved is extremely attractive to me. Very colorful character.

Maybe I'm just a bit lonely right now. :oops:
TelegramSam

Re: Audrey Horne Infatuation

Post by TelegramSam »

Hah, I don't know what to say really, but this post did strike me as good in a quirky sort of way. If Sherilynn Fenn happens to read this I'm sure you'll make her day anyway. If nothing else, she has held up far better in terms of beauty and *allegedly apparent according to tabloids* mental health than Lara Flynn Boyle, so I guess she got the last laugh in the end. I do think the real tragedy of the second season was the botched Cooper/Audrey Horne relationship, and we all know who was responsible for that one. I still think the Annie character was a brilliant resolution, but who knows how things may have developed if her invention hadn't been necessary?
SiderealPassing

Yeah, that happens to be another thing that makes me depressed haha. The crumbling of Cooper and Audrey's (potential) relationship is definitely one of the lowlights of the show. Wasn't that due to Kyle Machlachlan not wanting Cooper to have romantic relations with a high schooler? Kind of a ridiculous thing to nitpick about since she's 18 in the show and was around 25 in real life.

I also completely agree that Sherilyn Fenn is still gorgeous at almost 50. She also seems very down to Earth as a person and I enjoy her diatribes against starring in Hollywood films. Has a cooler actress ever existed? Probably not.
mpurcella

Post by mpurcella »

SiderealPassing wrote:Wasn't that due to Kyle Machlachlan not wanting Cooper to have romantic relations with a high schooler?
Well, yes, but I believe that whole idea stemmed from LFB, and the relationship that Kyle and her were in.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
SiderealPassing

Does that also have something to do with why James and Donna more or less split up? Haha
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

SiderealPassing wrote:I'm sure I'm not the first to think this but I'm re-watching Twin Peaks for the second time and am finding myself completely infatuated with Audrey Horne. So much to the point that I become depressed upon the reminder that she's just a fictional character. Not only is she stunningly beautiful but her personality is completely ideal for what I look for in a woman. The "bad girl" trait contrasted by her longing to be loved is extremely attractive to me. Very colorful character.

Maybe I'm just a bit lonely right now. :oops:
Welcome to the board. You are among friends. Might I suggest this excellent thread to see how deep this boards appreciation of Audrey Horne runs:

http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=511
Jasonoverlook

Post by Jasonoverlook »

I can safely say I have a massive crush on Audrey! love all of her scenes, well... until the whole john justice wheeler thing!