John Neff to attend the 2013 Twin Peaks Festival

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Annie
Global Moderator

John Neff to attend the 2013 Twin Peaks Festival

Post by Annie »

by Twin Peaks Festival on Friday, March 1, 2013 at 2:32pm ...

We are pleased to announce that John Neff has accepted our invitation to join us for the 2013 Twin Peaks Festival! Recording artist, producer, engineer and composer John has done it all. John collaborated with David Lynch and created the “Blue BOB” music project. He served as David’s Chief Audio Engineer for over a decade. John mixed and restored the master sound mixes for “Eraserhead”, “The Elephant Man”, “Blue Velvet” and “FWWM”. John provided original music and mixed the soundtracks to “The Straight Story” and “Mulholland Drive”. Other movie projects include “Dark Reel” and “Inner Balance”. Many wonder what it’s like to work with David Lynch; to capture those moments of inspiration and genius. This is a rare opportunity to get a front row seat into the creative process.

Picture of John is from the "Blue BOB" project in Paris.
Attachments
John09_fs.jpg
John09_fs.jpg (44.31 KiB) Viewed 6355 times
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
JohnnyW

Re: John Neff to attend the 2013 Twin Peaks Festival

Post by JohnnyW »

Great!
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

I got the Mulholland Drive soundtrack a couple months ago and I love, love, love the three Blue Bob songs on there. Now I'm curious to check out more of that stuff.

Very exciting addition to the festival!
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

Thank you for this. I am happy to attend the fest again this year. This will be my fifth fest. I was scheduled for the 2004 fest but my Mother died just before it, same time as Dave's. We wrote a son for our Mothers, "Sweet Thing". I am working on a documentary of our Paris concert for the launch of "BlueBOB", called "BlueBOB in Paris", which I hope to have done before the Fest this year.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Hey John,

Did you and David do a new song for the Blue Velvet deleted scenes on BluRay? There's a scene on there where Jeffrey gets the phonecall from his mother, telling him about his father being in the hospital, and to leave college and come home. The piece of music that's playing during the phonecall... gorgeous, dreamy, sad guitar piece... is that one of yours?

Maybe it's a Badalamenti track, but it kind of reminded me of some of the Blue Bob stuff, like "Pretty 50s." And if it is one of yours, has that track been released somewhere?