Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Post by bosguy1981 »

I think it's definitely a sure thing that Lynch will only agree to the deleted scenes being released if they are a standalone feature, and not reintegrated into the film in any way.

Even in some recent interviews, he's said he likes sharing deleted scenes as long as they are separate from the film. "The film is the thing. Nothing should be added to it, and nothing should be taken away from it."

I'm sure, eventually, some clever people will put together some interesting fan-edits with whatever gets released. Those will be interesting to look at for sure.
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

I guess it depends on the movie though, with the studio control on FWWM maybe he would be open to creating his vision and putting it out there instead of his vision as dictated by the studio.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

rewak wrote:I guess it depends on the movie though, with the studio control on FWWM maybe he would be open to creating his vision and putting it out there instead of his vision as dictated by the studio.
Actually, nothing was dictated by the studio, the final cut of the movie was entirely David's. What you see was his vision, and all cuts were made by him. I'm sure there was a choice that the movie couldn't be too long, but almost all of the cut material happened at the earliest stage because they decided it should be Laura's story.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

Oh really? I thought i read somewhere the studio was kinda picky on it, maybe getting it mixed up with Dune.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

rewak wrote:Oh really? I thought i read somewhere the studio was kinda picky on it, maybe getting it mixed up with Dune.
He did have problems with Ciby 2000, but I think it was only after FWWM. He had a three picture deal with them (FWWM being the first), and after the film failed, they dropped him. I'm pretty sure he took them to court.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Dugpa's post about "previously on" in another thread remind me something about commentray tracks for the episodes.

Commentaries for episodes 1-6 from Arista's S1 DVDs, starts ON the "previously on" segments. So they will not restore them for Bluray edition without adding those segments for Bluray editions.
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

I think guess work is maybe going on here, but http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme ... u-ray-disc
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I'm saving my celebration for an official announcement and I will only be celebrating if there are deleted scenes. It's now or never. Way too many rumors and let downs in the history of TP being released for me to even be excited at this point.
Zachary
Roadhouse Member

Post by Zachary »

Brad D wrote:I'm saving my celebration for an official announcement and I will only be celebrating if there are deleted scenes. It's now or never. Way too many rumors and let downs in the history of TP being released for me to even be excited at this point.
My feelings precisely. And there's not a chance I will pay for any future releases that don't include deleted scenes. Blu-Ray/HD quality is nice to have, but in this case I don't think it's worth paying over $100 to acquire a better-looking version of content that I already own.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Zachary wrote:
Brad D wrote:I'm saving my celebration for an official announcement and I will only be celebrating if there are deleted scenes. It's now or never. Way too many rumors and let downs in the history of TP being released for me to even be excited at this point.
My feelings precisely. And there's not a chance I will pay for any future releases that don't include deleted scenes. Blu-Ray/HD quality is nice to have, but in this case I don't think it's worth paying over $100 to acquire a better-looking version of content that I already own.
Especially for us suckers who shelled out for the iTunes 1080 versions.

:evil:
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

I hear ya. Can you believe we're past two decades of waiting at this point? It's nuts.

Is David Lynch still doing press for his album? I wonder if there's any way someone could get that question out to him and confirm if the FWWM deleted scenes are included and whether or not he's already done the work to fix them.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I am especially cautious because a big deal was made out of the Blue Velvet deleted scenes when they were being worked on and all we have really heard so far is M Frost saying there's a chance.

Who worked on the BV scenes with Lynch? I imagine that's who would do FWWM if it was happening, and from what I understand it would take a lot of post production to get them in a releasable format, at least by Lynch's standards.
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

According to "Bring Back Twin Peaks To TV" Facebook page, Twin Peaks archive tweeted the following earlier today:

"We've had confirmation from a very reliable source that paperwork is being signed off on for the release of the FWWM deleted scenes."

YAY!! Can't wait.......

Looks like the rumoured December release is unrealistic now so probably be sometime in 2014 at this rate...
The next time you see me it won't be me...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Not much of a scoop on our part since Mark Frost has hinted so heavily about it recently. Still it was nice to get confirmation from a different source that they are actively working on the deleted scenes.

Seems like it will finally happen (knock wood)

:D
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

It's like a 20 year old dream finally coming true... I know I will for sure savour every single second of the unseen footage, and never want it to end... :)
The next time you see me it won't be me...