Hey, Anybody back from the Festival??

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Annie
Global Moderator

Hey, Anybody back from the Festival??

Post by Annie »

I've sent out multiple PMs asking for Festival tales. Feel free to post them here. We're anxious to hear how it went!! Thanks!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Re: Hey, Anybody back from the Festival??

Post by Audrey Horne »

Sorry Annie it took so long to respond.

This was my fourth consecutive fest, and they keep getting better and better for me. For anyone who still hasn't gone, there becomes a continued comfort and ease, like going to a family reunion (maybe without all the excess baggage).

I always stay at the Salish, and it never ceases to amaze and thrill me when I arrive into town ..."Hi, Audrey's house!" Sitting at the upstairs restaurant and having that first drink while gazing at the waterfall never gets old, and is always my kickoff for the weekend's events.

There's always a meet up on Thursday night for all the fans to reconnect, and hopefully some of the newbies too. Back in 2010, I went to this begrudgingly and wound up making some of my strongest bonds/friendships to date with fellow festers.

The following day, I met up with Kathleen Wilhoitte whom I had driven around in 2010. It was like picking right back up where we had left off, and talked for hours. She's really a terrific person.

Anyone who hasn't received a big hug from Jen Lynch hasn't lived. She and boyfriend Jim are truly some of the most genuine, kind and attentive people I've ever met.

Kimmy I drove to the picnic on Sunday and had a blast with.

On Saturday, I dove Charlotte, Catherine C, and Kathleen to the dinner/q&a and could not stop thinking how completely surreal it was. One fun story was when we drove past the diner and the building opposite it, Charlotte remembered that's where they shot the Briggs kitchen scene in the pilot. When recalling how sick she got during the filming, she mentioned Jack Nance would bring her soup. Kathleen trying to keep up with who is who simply asked if jack was her husband. Catherine laughed and interjected, "no, he was MY husband." Kathleen was then trying to refigure the whole situation and how all these back stories worked out.

The big surprise was James Marshall. What a great guy. I think it's been some time since he's been back, and I imagine its a lot to take in. Initially, he comes across as shy and reserved... But when he has to be on in front of an audience, he shines. I regret that I didn't start really talking to him until,his last day there, and found out what a joy he is. He's got a wicked sly sense of humor and could go round for round with me, and is really a great guy.

I'll try to remember some of the stories, and I'm sure they're out there on blogs, etc. but for me, the underlying memory is those annual four days in August are really something special, and I advise anyone to go.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Oh, and brad d rules all!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

hahaha. I would say 40% of my festival was spent laughing uncontrollably with Audrey Horne! I spent most of my time hanging out with those whom I've met in past years and catching up with them, some of them who had not been to the festival in a number of years, so it was a real treat.

Not sure what I can add here, the Festival has really followed the same format for the last few years. So I dont want to bore you with the same ol' story. The last level of the trivia contest was crazy. I made it to the final ten and lost on the question of where Rusty Tomaski lived with his uncle. Oh well.

We watched Jen Lynch's Chained at film night, and it just wasnt my cup of tea. I really wasnt in the mood to sit still for 3 hours either, so that may have contributed to it. We went bowling Saturday afternoon and drank way too much at the lounge at the Salish! Saturday night was also great and the costume contest was especially awesome. Two gals FINALLY did Dick and Little Nicky in their matching outfits. The celebrity panel seemed to fly by. I was enjoying all the stories and I'm assuming they're up on youtube as well.

The picnic was great, if bittersweet. It's always tough to say goodbye and wait another year (or longer) for another fest. Rob and D'anne did fantastic in their first year running the show. Bravo.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

please post pictures, thank you! :)
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks to Audrey and Brad. I figured you all needed some rest. And yes, please post pictures!!
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

check utube there's the trivia contest and the costume contest.
EnableSecret
Roadhouse Member

Post by EnableSecret »

What happens in Twin Peaks stays in Twin Peaks. :wink:
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

As Dale Cooper Says , " A Secret Society" that's a o.k. just wanted to see pics, wont happen till the rest of of us members show up there eh?
EnableSecret
Roadhouse Member

Post by EnableSecret »

Nothing of the sort, Rebs. (well, maybe a little) :wink:

There is that link at the bottom of each post I make if you want a start. :D
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Thank You! Ya Have Always been Sweet As Pie Throughout all the years E!!! and still are! I will go to the fest I have kept it off for years but wanted to so much this year,but then things did not go good this year here, but hey I will fingers crossed for 2014 and wanna meet and see the great tp fans and area. is the pies good there? anyway thank you! :)
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

There's also lots of pictures on the Festival's Facebook page.....
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

I dont like facebook. thank you anyway. :)
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

Hi. I had a fabulous Fest this year! DeAnn and Rob Lindley completely stepped up to the plate and made for a wonderful fest, assisted by Angela, Glenn and all the other staffers! The Thursday night prefest party was at a new place, The PurHouse, across from the Moose Lodge, which in teh past was OK, but funky. PourHouse did not know what hit them!
Friday was sign in and merch/trivia day, and the place was packed. There were people from Australia, Italy, England, I don't know, something like 11 different countries.
Trinidad won the Trivia contest for the third year in a row and is now 'retired' from participating. Really nice guy and smart as a whip.
Saturday night's banquet was great, at the Mt. Si Convention Center, I guess they call it. Had great one-on-ones with festers, who even brought "Dark Reel" DVDs to sign! Has not been at the barn in a few years.
It was great to be back at the Salish. When my band played there, we would be put up at the Edgewick (fine in itself-basic but good) because there were so many of us. Have not been at The Salish since 2003. Made a fire every night and kept teh balcony door open, so I could fall asleep listening to the falls.
Sunday's picnic was held in perfect weather, cooler than the last few fests I remember. After party at North Bend Bar & Grill was great too, with lots of festers there.
Will try to add pics, have not done that here before, so let's see.

Nope, didn't work. Pics are on my facebook page.
Anyway, it was great!
dale_coop
Roadhouse Member

Post by dale_coop »

Thanks Jeff for your message, sounds like this year festival was really great!
I hope some photos will be posted on the forum...

Thanks guys

++
dale
dale_coop
"A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee"