New Twin Peaks Promo?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Dream Man
Roadhouse Member

New Twin Peaks Promo?

Post by The Dream Man »

Someone posted this link on Reddit, and I thought I'd share it over here. I don't know if it's legitimate or not, so I apologize if it's complete shit, but I found it interesting. Here is the casting call:

http://www.projectcasting.com/casting-c ... s-angeles/

The way the information reads sounds unprofessional, but I'm no expert on this sort of thing.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: New Twin Peaks Promo?

Post by Jerry Horne »

I've heard that the press release for the Blu-Ray set would be presented in an unusual way. This could be it.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
The Dream Man
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Dream Man »

Jerry Horne wrote:I've heard that the press release for the Blu-Ray set would be presented in an unusual way. This could be it.
I think you may be on to something. Thinking back to FWWM and the scene with Gordon and Lil, maybe this is some cryptic message that can be unwound into information that makes sense.

Or maybe Lynch is filming something... :D
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

The main contact has a gmail account!!! Yeah, that's legit :?
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Mark Frost has now confirmed this rumour is false
The next time you see me it won't be me...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

The one thing that bugged me about this was mentioning Twin Peaks. Don't they leave out the project name most of the time?

I wonder if they started that for buzz? Mark and David are very naughty boys.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Dustin DeWinn

Post by Dustin DeWinn »

MysteryMan wrote:Mark Frost has now confirmed this rumour is false

Never believe anything until it has been officially denied. ;)
gstueve
Roadhouse Member

Post by gstueve »

@ Jerry, i am unsure about the casting situation, I have never followed that before but I do agree with you, they are naughty boys and they do keep secrets very well. I am sure something is coming, either a new movie or the bluray. Whatever is to come, maybe a wild ride and the suspense is killing me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

This whole scenario is ridiculous. Wake me when it's over...
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

Tell me about it. We know the BluRays coming, we know roughly when, we know roughly the cost, we know from who, we know whats rumored to be on it, so just stop all this jerking around and give us solid word :roll:
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

rewak wrote:Tell me about it. We know the BluRays coming, we know roughly when, we know roughly the cost, we know from who, we know whats rumored to be on it, so just stop all this jerking around and give us solid word :roll:
We think we know...
Jude
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jude »

This baseless rumor is still spreading http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... eries.html

My biggest fear is that the fans only get the series on blu-ray and nothing else happens. I'm still happy with the Gold Box so I don't know if I'll buy the blu-ray set if it only includes the episodes and the extra material that we already have on Gold Box.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Jude wrote:This baseless rumor is still spreading http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... eries.html

My biggest fear is that the fans only get the series on blu-ray and nothing else happens. I'm still happy with the Gold Box so I don't know if I'll buy the blu-ray set if it only includes the episodes and the extra material that we already have on Gold Box.
Now the Wrap (a fairly respectable site) is running with this...although they acknowledge that Mark Frost has debunked this. Oddly, CBS has given them no comment. http://www.thewrap.com/twin-peaks-promo ... nch-bluray

Honestly, whoever is starting these rumors every few months is making me insane. Stop toying with my emotions, whoever you are. It's getting old. :evil:
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

If this shoot is true, I wonder if it could be another Slice of Lynch featurette for the Bluray box set. A Slice of Lynch II: Fire Walk With Me? Hehe.

It was the first thing I wondered about when it said they were casting for a waitress.
BobSmith

Post by BobSmith »

rocketsan22 wrote:The main contact has a gmail account!!! Yeah, that's legit :?
SandeAlessiCasting@gmail.com is indeed the email address used by Sande Alessi Casting, which is a real casting agency.

https://www.facebook.com/SandeAlessiCasting

http://www.sandealessicasting.com/

However, no sign of a Twin Peaks promo casting call on their web site, or facebook. They seem to keep their Facebook page very current, so the fact that is is not listed there points to a hoax.