Any good explanations of Sarah Palmer's powers?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

d_unknown1

Any good explanations of Sarah Palmer's powers?

Post by d_unknown1 »

Hello all,

I've always wondered about Sarah Palmer's powers - seeing Bob, seeing half of the heart necklace taken by Dr. Jacoby, talking as Windom Earle to Major Briggs in the Double R, etc.

Anyone know of any good explanations of her powers?
DayLight

Post by DayLight »

It's simply that she is clairvoyant, psyhic, or "gifted".
d_unknown1

Post by d_unknown1 »

I agree that that is the simplest answer, but I don't know that I buy it. After all, what, if anything, is simple in Twin Peaks? If that is the answer, think of how many people could be explained as having "psychic" powers. Would you describe Laura's intuition about what was happening to her in FWWM psychic powers? Does the Log Lady have psychic powers when she talks about what her log has seen? I guess I would categorize Cooper's powers as psychic.

I was 9 years old when Twin Peaks was on, and I didn't really watch it again until a few years ago. So I'm kind of new when it comes to all of the theories and discussion of twin peaks. I have a friend who is watching the show for the first time, and so I have been watching the episodes at the same time. This is the first time I've really paid much attention to Sarah's powers. In episode 4, Donna talks about how Laura said her mom used to always have strange dreams, and Laura would have them too.

I guess I just think it is strange that if Sarah was psychic, how could she be so blind to what Leland/BOB was doing? Presumably, she had never had a vision of BOB until after Laura's death. Yet, she sees a white horse before Maddy dies. Depending on your interpretation of the white horse, it is at least a sign of something bad - either drugs or death.