Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoil

Post by kingsoprano718 »

piero wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I still wonder about the nurse and how she would have played into a second film.
I'm a bit surprised about that scene. I don't understand it. Why she stole it? I would have left the ring where it was. it would have had more sense with the story and the evil Coop.
Im thinking it has something to do with the circle being broke. Perhaps it gives Coop a kill without being Annie or it may actually lead to him being figured out as being BOB. It was definitely a deliberate plot device though and one I am sad we wont see played out. Has there ever been mention of where the Coop story was going in film?
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

Jasper wrote:
piero wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I still wonder about the nurse and how she would have played into a second film.
I'm a bit surprised about that scene. I don't understand it. Why she stole it? I would have left the ring where it was. it would have had more sense with the story and the evil Coop.
She stole it because it looked like a big, fancy piece of jewelry and she had no morals (maybe she lived in Deer Meadow!). I believe the point is that Annie was meant to be owned/cursed by the lodge inhabitants, like Teresa Banks (et al), but she was inadvertently rescued by the greed of the nurse. I think it's a nice little twist. It was also a good setup for the followup film that we never got. It's the biggest indication we have (on film) of future events. By comparison, Coop's scene back in the Great Northern doesn't give us any info on what might happen with him beyond what we already knew from the final episode of the show (but it's still a fantastic scene).
I think his line to Harry was going to be some kind of clue down the road.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

kingsoprano718 wrote:
piero wrote:
Im thinking it has something to do with the circle being broke. Perhaps it gives Coop a kill without being Annie or it may actually lead to him being figured out as being BOB. It was definitely a deliberate plot device though and one I am sad we wont see played out. Has there ever been mention of where the Coop story was going in film?
I remember some talk of Major Briggs attempting to rescue Coop in the hypothetical third season of the series. If that's true, perhaps that's what would have happened in the second (or third) film. Apparently this may have been due to Major Briggs' advanced spirituality and familiarity (however foggy) with the lodges (through having been abducted). There also are hints in the series of Briggs being somehow related to King Arthur, so perhaps he'd be a great hero on the show. His spiritual and moral fortitude might have helped him achieve the "perfect courage" necessary to overcome the power of the black lodge. Robert Engels might have confirmed something about this...but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone else will know.
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

Jasper wrote:
I remember some talk of Major Briggs attempting to rescue Coop in the hypothetical third season of the series. If that's true, perhaps that's what would have happened in the second (or third) film. Apparently this may have been due to Major Briggs' advanced spirituality and familiarity (however foggy) with the lodges (through having been abducted). There also are hints in the series of Briggs being somehow related to King Arthur, so perhaps he'd be a great hero on the show. His spiritual and moral fortitude might have helped him achieve the "perfect courage" necessary to overcome the power of the black lodge. Robert Engels might have confirmed something about this...but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone else will know.
Thats a very nice theory/prediction considering it appears the LMFAP seems to have sent Sarah to the diner to let him know that Coop was there and he was "waiting for you". Man I wonder how epic the good vs evil battle would have gotten.
bluefrank
Roadhouse Member

Post by bluefrank »

Jasper wrote:
The series seems to imply that Briggs 'crossed the abyss' (met his shadow self and defeated it, unlike Cooper, who failed). This is lodge/tree of life stuff...but I also noticed that after Briggs' abduction he returns marked with a tattoo/symbol and I noticed that it is the same symbol of the kabbalistic 'demon of the abyss' (aka choronzon), it resembles the 'nuclear symbol'. I think the Log Lady has one on her leg too. Recall we saw Briggs sitting on a throne in the white lodge (implied by the imagery).

The King Arthur stuff relates to the zodiac (roundtable, 12 knights/12 signs) and Glastonbury/Glastonberry grove (round tree circle of 12)...Glastonbury itself being a massive element of the Arthur mythos. Briggs is shown as Arthur near the series' close, with a wounded head (like Arthur) and he exclaims 'which way to the castle' (camelot, Arthur). The latter part happening after Briggs escapes from Earle.

Many say that Mark Frost could've been the source for much of these 'mystery' elements and mythology, but I don't personally know.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Weird that they showed the Julee Cruise shot in the Missing Pieces trailer. I had thought all the footage was from the Missing Pieces itself, but I guess that part is just from FWWM.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
dunkrag
Roadhouse Member

Post by dunkrag »

Without question. Boxset of the year. If not my lifetime..
Great packaging. Stunning picture. Amazing sound.

The Missing Pieces are totally breathtaking...
Season 2 pictures are fabulous - where are they from - are they Paula's?

Some other questions...

What is the time frame of production on 'Moving Through Time'?
Presumably shot years ago as it has been made on rubbish digital video instead os 1080? Can't think of any other explanation.. And if it was years ago.. where has it been sat all this time?

Between Two Worlds - How was that produced? - is it all ad lib from Ray, Sheryl and Grace or was it 'scripted' to a certain degree... it's bloody amazing and chilling and almost emotional to hear from 'Laura' herself 25 years later...
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

dunkrag wrote:What is the time frame of production on 'Moving Through Time'?
Presumably shot years ago as it has been made on rubbish digital video instead os 1080? Can't think of any other explanation.. And if it was years ago.. where has it been sat all this time?

Between Two Worlds - How was that produced? - is it all ad lib from Ray, Sheryl and Grace or was it 'scripted' to a certain degree... it's bloody amazing and chilling and almost emotional to hear from 'Laura' herself 25 years later...
I believe Moving Through Time was shot in 2008, lasted two hours, and was supposed to have been released on 2008 MK2 Blu Ray of FWWM. Why that didn't happen, I can't remember, but I believe there was an article on dugpa.com about it.

Between Two Worlds (the in-character portion) was entirely scripted by Lynch. That Laura's line "I meet a lot of people with no names" has been mysteriously stuck in my head...
dunkrag
Roadhouse Member

Post by dunkrag »

underthefan wrote:

I believe Moving Through Time was shot in 2008, lasted two hours, and was supposed to have been released on 2008 MK2 Blu Ray of FWWM. Why that didn't happen, I can't remember, but I believe there was an article on dugpa.com about it.

Between Two Worlds (the in-character portion) was entirely scripted by Lynch. That Laura's line "I meet a lot of people with no names" has been mysteriously stuck in my head...
Thanks - 2008 would explain the rough interview footage..
and - great stuff if Lynch scripted all that.. giving Laura a voice again after all this time... spine tingling...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

So pleased we got a still of the Tim & Tom's deleted scene from ep. 27.

Looks like the clip itself is long gone?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:So pleased we got a still of the Tim & Tom's deleted scene from ep. 27.

I kept meaning to mention that! So cool to see. Have you seen any pics of this before Jerry? Did Paula shoot any? Or was she gone by then?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:So pleased we got a still of the Tim & Tom's deleted scene from ep. 27.

I kept meaning to mention that! So cool to see. Have you seen any pics of this before Jerry? Did Paula shoot any? Or was she gone by then?
Gone around the end of 26. I've only seen one still of that scene and that wasn't it.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Finally watched "Between Two Worlds". Really great. The in-character performances were great. And it was great seeing their reaction to the deleted scene!! I think Grace was really excited to see it. Lynch was even pretty touched by Grace's story about him. "Life brings us many beautiful surprises".
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

There are some B/W photos of Tim & Tom's Taxidermy in the Access Guide... I inmediately remembered the book when I saw that still... :D
Neosmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by Neosmith »

underthefan wrote:

From what I understand, this is what remains from the extensive doc "World of Blue" that Dugpa shot for the original intended Blu-Ray by MK2 in 2010. I believe Dugpa has since removed his post on the matter, but here's an archived version:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120330044 ... ld-of-blue

Here's a quote:
One thing I can confirm, which I’ve been holding out on for quite some time is that MK2 is sitting on about 20 hours worth of interviews with the cast and crew that they had commissioned to be shot between September of 2004 and November of 2005, for what they were then planning to be a 2 Disc Special Edition complete with Deleted Scenes. What I have not told anyone up until today is that I know all this because I was the one hired to produce this footage….

Over the course of the next 14 months, I contacted and interviewed 22 of the original cast and crew of the film. The original plan was to have an editor from MK2 fly to California to review the footage, my notes, and then work remotely with me on the documentary while he edited it back in France….

The stories I was able to capture were very genuine, heartfelt, and for a true fan, absolutely amazing. Some stories were ones that we have heard or read about before, but a majority of the stories were ones I had never heard before. What I was slowly putting together was shaping up to finally be something that would cover every facet of Fire Walk With Me from inception to release but it would do so through stories of what it was like to be on the set of this beautiful and magical. This documentary would honor the film and the cast and crew and their amazing contributions.
I should note that I find it interesting that this would be titled "World of Blue", as Charles de Lauzirika was planning on using a similar titles for a doc for the Gold Box Set in 2007.
Charles de Lauzirika: My original proposal, written back in mid-2006, was titled Twin Peaks: The Dream Collection. I figured that was a good title since this set was designed to be a dream come true for fans, but also because so much of Twin Peaks, and David Lynch’s work in general, is rooted in a dark, mysterious and beautiful dream logic. This proposal also included “Fire Walk With Me,” which is distributed here by New Line. The FWWM portion of the proposal included a new making-of documentary I was going to make called “Questions in a World of Blue” along with all of those long-sought-after deleted scenes. I had some preliminary discussions with CBS and New Line about teaming up for the perfect box set, but ultimately, it ended up being too legally complicated to make happen. But it was nice to fantasize about.
I do wish that we'd gotten some more details regarding this - I would love to discuss the doc itself with Dugpa on this forum if possible, as I neglected to do so back in 2010 and the subject seems to have fallen off the radar since.

It'd be awesome to see the full World of Blue as originally envisioned.