Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoil

Post by dugpa »

Murray wrote:I remember seeing one (mic boom) during the court hearing for Leland.
Damn. Missed that one. Episode 12 15:11.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407558172.822095.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407558172.822095.jpg (206.93 KiB) Viewed 11247 times
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

dugpa wrote:
Murray wrote:I remember seeing one (mic boom) during the court hearing for Leland.
Damn. Missed that one. Episode 12 15:11.
Yeah- I never noticed that one before now either!! Oh well! Dugpa, do you know what other boom mics were fixed?

I am so impressed with the picture quality of the series. It really looks amazing.

I also see they digitally removed Andy's falling glove from ep 21! Very cool!
screenshot_02.png
screenshot_02.png (394.94 KiB) Viewed 11243 times
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
dugpa
Site Admin

Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

Post by dugpa »

I do but then it wouldn't be any fun finding it. :)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

dugpa wrote:I do but then it wouldn't be any fun finding it. :)
This is true! :D

Anyway, I can't say enough about how great it looks!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

Dammit dugpa you've done an amazing job. Two more episodes left until I'm onto FWWM and TMP.
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

There are so many actors that havent (at leaste that im aware of) given a proper insight about TP.

For instance:

Ian Buchanan - he eventually turned out to be a regular guy in the second season. Despite the whole hate towards him, i really enjoyed his character (the wine session was funny as hell). And he was again cast on the series "On the air".

Warren Frost - i believe he is still alive. I would like to know how he felt during the last episode when he goes "berserk"

Wendy Robie - What happened to this woman? Never read an interview.

David Lander - Mr. Pink character. Another guy introduced for comic relief. Also he starred on "on the air".

Definitely, we should get these guys and get information from them.
Mann_vom_anderen_Ort

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by Mann_vom_anderen_Ort »

Mysterioso wrote:Hello. I am so excite for Blu I can't wait. New HD transfer is so good. Yes, different, but if it is the true vision of David Lynch and he alone approve then I am in love. Screen of VHS should not be comparison since DVD Gold box was in approval of David Lynch. I make comparison for you to see. VHS, Gold box transfers from iTunes and new Blu. Blu matches Gold Box iTunes but clarity in Blu is much sharper.

My only wish is they do HD correction to remove Annie from Series. :twisted:

Audrey Horne is True Love for Cooper. One day it will be real!
bob2.png

So, I finally matched to watch the complete box. It is a really great set with fantastic special features. And it was really a special moment for me to watch the missing pieces after all those years. With the exception of maybe three scenes it is really understandable that those scenes were deleted from the final version. The film is about Laura and not like the tv show about the town.
Concerning about the transfers, the series looks really great with fantastic detail. But I still think it is a little too much red compared to the way it was shown in the nineties.
But the transfer of the film in my opinion is really too red compared to the theatrical print and somes scenes look really strange. For example the shots of Desmond and Stanley when they talk with Irene look really grainy like something is not okay with the film stock.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Auggeo wrote:There are so many actors that havent (at leaste that im aware of) given a proper insight about TP.

For instance:

Ian Buchanan - he eventually turned out to be a regular guy in the second season. Despite the whole hate towards him, i really enjoyed his character (the wine session was funny as hell). And he was again cast on the series "On the air".

Warren Frost - i believe he is still alive. I would like to know how he felt during the last episode when he goes "berserk"

David Lander - Mr. Pink character. Another guy introduced for comic relief. Also he starred on "on the air".

Auggeo, aside from David Lander, I interviewed Warren, Wendy, and Ian for my new book (Reflections: An Oral History of Twin Peaks). It's on amazon and you'd probably like it!
worthit
Roadhouse Member

Post by worthit »

I just read your book, Brad. And it was amazingly awesome! I loved every page. I'm usually a really slow reader (about 5 pages before I go to bed every other night), but I read your whole book in three days! I couldn't stop reading as it was so many tidbits I didn't already knew about. And some of your interviewees I've never heard talking about Twin Peaks. Congratulations on a great book. I will read it many times in the years to come. To even get to write this to you is such an honor. I can't recommend this book enough to everyone who's a fan of the show. It's absolutely freaking amazing!
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Brad D wrote:
Auggeo wrote:There are so many actors that havent (at leaste that im aware of) given a proper insight about TP.

For instance:

Auggeo, aside from David Lander, I interviewed Warren, Wendy, and Ian for my new book (Reflections: An Oral History of Twin Peaks). It's on amazon and you'd probably like it!
I ordered it a week or so ago...more excited to receive it than I was the boxed set...
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

Damm, just read the interview that Brad gave to welcometotwinpeaks.com and i must say that im deeply impressed with the amount of information that he gathered.

I will order the book as soon as i can.

Brad D, thanks for keeping up the legacy alive. :)
Leo K
Roadhouse Member

Post by Leo K »

I'm a big fan of Brad's work. I'm very impressed!
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Thanks guys, you are too kind. I self-published after three years of works and a few favors/good deeds from a few of the posters around here, so I was glad to document quite a few um, missing pieces, if you will. If you loved it, go to amazon and put up a review!
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Brad D wrote:Thanks guys, you are too kind. I self-published after three years of works and a few favors/good deeds from a few of the posters around here, so I was glad to document quite a few um, missing pieces, if you will. If you loved it, go to amazon and put up a review!
Are there photos?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

rocketsan22 wrote:
Brad D wrote:Thanks guys, you are too kind. I self-published after three years of works and a few favors/good deeds from a few of the posters around here, so I was glad to document quite a few um, missing pieces, if you will. If you loved it, go to amazon and put up a review!
Are there photos?
40 or so? Mostly never seen before :D