Twin Peaks Merchandise Wish List

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Twin Peaks Merchandise Wish List

Post by kingsoprano718 »

So we have the Missing Pieces, where do we go from here?

I would love to see a set of Twin Peaks POP! figures. They have sets out for every other show imaginable and I think a set of 4 of these could be quite wonderful to own.

Set could include Cooper, Truman, Audrey and Laura?

Here is a link to POP if you dont know what they are. Check out how many there are for every conceivable medium.

http://www.geminicollectibles.net/servl ... Categories

What Peaks merchandise do you wish to see release? I would love the Sheryl Lee read Diary audiobook as well, perhaps a re-release of the Cooper Tapes? Maybe with some added entries? I am sure MacLachlan would be up to read some more Diane entries if asked. Would be a nice way to give us some more clues into the Earle stuff from his book.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks Merchandise Wish List

Post by Jasper »

I don't much like the toy type of merchandise.

I am into the audiobook diary idea, and dutifully requested it back when the idea first arose.

I absolutely love the idea of updated Coop recordings. I'd love Lynch and Frost to write a few that take place in the present day. They could be totally fucked up and mysterious and create more questions than they answer. Maybe they could sound like they're beaming from the depths of hell, straight through outer space on a string connecting two tin cans. "Diane, I'm standing next to a short man dressed in a red suit..." Maybe they'd be more down to earth soundwise, but still leave us with questions aplenty. Where's Coop recording from? Is it good Coop or bad Coop? What the hell is he talking about? Are there any hints about what's happened with any familiar characters or situations? Is he speeding through the desert on the run from corrupt elements within the government? How's Annie?

Be plagued by these frustrating questions and more, with Coop's Secret Tapes, EXPANDED EDITION, in glorious analog mono sound! Summer, 2015!
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Love your idea Jasper!
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Jasper wrote:I don't much like the toy type of merchandise.

I am into the audiobook diary idea, and dutifully requested it back when the idea first arose.

I absolutely love the idea of updated Coop recordings. I'd love Lynch and Frost to write a few that take place in the present day. They could be totally fucked up and mysterious and create more questions than they answer. Maybe they could sound like they're beaming from the depths of hell, straight through outer space on a string connecting two tin cans. "Diane, I'm standing next to a short man dressed in a red suit..." Maybe they'd be more down to earth soundwise, but still leave us with questions aplenty. Where's Coop recording from? Is it good Coop or bad Coop? What the hell is he talking about? Are there any hints about what's happened with any familiar characters or situations? Is he speeding through the desert on the run from corrupt elements within the government? How's Annie?

Be plagued by these frustrating questions and more, with Coop's Secret Tapes, EXPANDED EDITION, in glorious analog mono sound! Summer, 2015!
That's an awesome idea. What a cool way to extend the world of the series in a unique way. I can understand Lynch not wanting to film new episodes/movies (well...I sorta understand) but I don't understand the reluctance to allow any kind of "Expanded Universe" as so many popular tv and movie series with large fan bases have. There could be novels, maybe not sequels but set in the early days of the town, Cooper stories prior to coming to Twin Peaks, it's a wide open door. Of course there could be comic books and graphic novels, but we already know Lynch killed that idea too. As for merchandise- I'd love official shirts, Pop vinyl figures, statues, you name it!! Lynch and Frost must feel strongly about this, because there is almost nothing out there, and it's not like they are both so rich as to turn down licensing money (although I guess they must be!)
HoodedMatt
Roadhouse Member

Post by HoodedMatt »

I'd like a replica of the Owl Symbol ring from FWWM, with the symbol part actually being made from formica.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Audiobooks could be fun. There might even be potential for one or two other journals: Donna, James, Sheriff Truman, maybe even a faux 'radio documentary' interviewing Twin Peaks characters twenty-five years after the events.

While audiobooks of the diaries could be a laugh, there's content that might be . . . difficult. Sheryl Lee (or a younger actress) playing an early-adolescent Laura doing some of the stuff described in her book or even some of the youthful sexual material in Dale Cooper's book might ring alarm bells transferred into a different medium.

End of the day, just get Netflix or Amazon to persuade Lynch and co to do one last season . . . ;)

Otherwise, I still want a Fire Walk With Me movie poster, the much anticipated Paula K. Shimatsu-U photo book, if it ever happens, a series of novels or comics and maybe an anime series. What the heck, eh? Reach for the sky!

(And yes, I do know Lynch nixed a lot of these things!)
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

I would pay whatever Sideshow Toys (or a similar company) would ask for if they made this classic image into a statue.