Discussion of INLAND EMPIRE

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kerplooey
Roadhouse Member

Dean Hurley?

Post by kerplooey »

From the "Sound Mixing segment of the Stories extra on DVD 2:
[...]even though I don't like Dean personally, I love him as an engineer
Is anyone else confused why David said that? Why not just limit his statement to Dean's work? In interviews I usually only see David say nice things about people he works with.
Am I missing something? Was there some notorious event on the set that only I don't know about? Or is David mking a joke? Is Dean in the room?

Sorry if I seem so clueless but I just don't understand why he would volonteer that he doesn't like someone personally like that on his own DVD.
motoko
Roadhouse Member

Post by motoko »

That struck me as odd, as well. Rewatching it, David didn't seem to crack a smile and no chuckles in the background that I could hear, so I'm just as lost as you are. Strange.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Re: Dean Hurley?

Post by Red Room »

kerplooey wrote:From the "Sound Mixing segment of the Stories extra on DVD 2:
[...]even though I don't like Dean personally, I love him as an engineer
Is anyone else confused why David said that? Why not just limit his statement to Dean's work? In interviews I usually only see David say nice things about people he works with...
As I mentioned in another thread, I'm pretty sure it was a joke. Dry humour. Nothing more controversial than that, as far as I can see... At least that's how I interpreted it on first viewing.

RR
doublemain
Roadhouse Member

Post by doublemain »

That's a bit odd, but I take it as a joke too, regarding the fact Lynch and Hurley did the Fondation Cartier exhibition soundscape together.